Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:46 PM
Default dds file?
I've been adding a stencil to a t-shirt, after going through a tutorial, I've ended up with a .dds file. What do i do afterwoods? how do i change it to a .package file?

In with a bullet out with hearts

Death, be my escape
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
There's a tool made by Delphy, CTU or something? Can't find it though, will post if I do
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:19 PM
Mother Function
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:24 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 15th Jul 2009 at 2:48 AM.
Read this: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Custom_Stencils

The link is to a guide on how to add your .dds to a cas part.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:55 AM
daluved, that didn't work for me. I followed your tutorial and I got no real .package. I posted about my issue here

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355518

miniie opened the package I put in as a zip here and she said it didn't contain the .dds. I followed your instructions step by step but she says there is only an unk file in there, any idea what I did wrong, nobody seem to see my thread on this.

Mine isn't a stencil though, it's a new alpha shape
Mother Function
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 8:47 AM
i assume by alpha shape, you mean you changed the base texture?

well go read the Replacing the Base texture tutorial, this should show you how to replace your the old base texture with a new one. You'll find a link to it on the Creating A New Base Texture tutorial page towards the bottom.

Even if you already read the tutorial, read it again. Sometimes you miss stuff

ps- i would take a look at your .package but i'm on vacation right now (and not having much fun) and the hotel room doesn't have wifi...so I'm stuck with my phone.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"