Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:14 AM
Default simpe How do I get the normal view back?
I noticed awhile ago that things looked different.

It hadn't bothered me as I hadn't needed to use this but I want to try and change the genetic value of some skins and there is nothing there in plug in view as you can see. I have a feeling I clicked something in there a few months ago which changed it to permanently to look like that. I've clicked around and can't find how to get the normal look back.

I need it to look like the tutorial I was using here: http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com/23079.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:36 AM
I was going to say click the "Reset Layout" button but then I noticed that you don't have any of the little buttons under the menu bar. I don't know how to get those back.. I also noticed that you don't have the Resource List where that big, empty space is. To get that back, click Window and scroll down to Resource List. Click that and it should show up. From there you should be able to click on something in the Resource Tree, then something in the Resource List and be able to see something in the Plugin View.

I really hope you understand all that. My ability to explain things sometimes takes an unexpected vacation.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:49 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Jul 2013 at 8:18 AM.
Not sure if I do or not, I'll open it again and see. Yes the resource list was what I was wanting to get back. I wish I knew what I did. All I remember is clicking around on the right hand side one time. Not a good idea!
Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit I got the picture to show but the top area is still empty.

I found window and tried clicking a few things in there. Clicking Resource list didn't open up things like you said though. I've managed to get a picture of the skin up so that's a step in the right direction. The top now has the box over to the right instead of the left which I've never seen before.

Edit again:
I found a reset layout button under preferences and it looks to be fixed!

Does that look right to you?

Thanks so much!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:35 AM
Yep, that looks right to me. I was just coming back here to tell you how to reset the layout under Preferences and you'd already figured it out! Funnily enough, I had to figure it out because MY copy of SimPE decided to start acting up.

You're welcome, although you did most of the figuring out on your own, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:47 AM
Well knowing you were around to help out probably made me braver about poking around in there.

Don't suppose you know anything about the genetic values of custom skins as shown under a sims DNA tag? I know maxis ones but not custom ones, because although I changed the genetic value of the skin I guess it won't change on the sim. Might be a new post I guess.

~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:53 AM
That's something I know nothing about. Besides making a new post here, you could try asking about it over at Garden of Shadows in the Have a Quick Question thread. There are a lot of people there who know that kind of stuff.