Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:40 PM
Default Sims 2 Categorizer not working
I have the Sims 2 UC. I recently downloaded the sims 2 categorizer. I did a default install; not changing where the program wanted to install. However, whenever I try to run it a box pops up and says "Fatal Error. Can not find Sims 2 data path". Anyone else getting this? From what I read on other posts, this program works with UC. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:11 AM
I am having the same issue and have been trying to find the solution. The program does appear to be completely unsupported now, and even the "support" link on his page goes to 404.

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Thax : 17th Apr 2015 at 8:36 PM.
I just created a folder called The Sims 2 in the EA Games folder next to the Ultimate Collection folder and cut/pasted everything into that instead (and by 'just', I mean just now before I wrote this) and the Sims 2 Categorizer is now working.

I'm going to test it out. My hope is that it will save everything as/where it's supposed to and then I can just cut/paste everything back into the Ultimate Collection folder, once I'm finished.

We shall see!

Edit: I decided not to test it out anyway, as I plan on doing what I wanted in SimPE instead and primarily because I plan on using The Compressorizer later on, which has proven to be problematic with files that have been edited in the Sims 2 Categorizer. But at least we know that you can get the program to open this way.