Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:49 PM
Default Modding question using S4Studio
I recently acquired the programs needed to do mods for The Sims 4. So this may be a simple fix and I just don't know about how to do this.
My question is about the amount of modding. For Example....
I have a Shower from another user which recolors the Unicorn Shower. I have also recolored that shower using S4Studio. Both showers show up in the game.
The problem I am having is that I can not make anymore showers with that recolor without overriding my original recolor.
Any help on how I could make multiple items from the same object and what to change to make them stop the override? Thank You!!

*What I have showing in game is the original Unicorn Shower, the shower I DL from another user and the recolor that I created.*

Serena
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:36 AM
Did you clone your own recolor to make a recolor? If so, that won't work- a recolor of a recolor will override the original recolor. You need to clone (which is what you're actually doing) the in game shower to make more than 1 recolor without overriding any others.
When you have your package open in S4S, you can make as many recolors as there are swatches. So if there's 3 swatches you can make 3 recolors for that package. (And if you'd like to make more, you can make multiple recolor packages and merge them using S4S. You'll still have the same number of packages but all the recolor will show up in one thumbnail in game.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:50 AM
Oh, okay that helps. I will give that a try. I actually was modding the glass in these recolors which in effect was giving me a transparent image on the shower doors (very cool) However it seems with the glass texture that once you recolor one then every swatch is automatically recolor the exact same (unlike the texture for the shower back, handles, etc)
I will see if I can figure out how to merge or something though in order to see what happens there. Thank you for answering so quickly.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:54 AM
Actually, you can clone your own recolor with S4S. It works for objects, cas, overrides whether it is made with S4S or not. I use this tutorial
http://sims4studio.com/thread/397/c...-custom-content
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:57 AM
Ah, the glass. I'm not sure about recoloring any of the glass textures. That might be normal? You could try asking at the S4S forum. When you're ready to merge the packages (if you do end up doing that), there's a tutorial there telling you how to do it. (It's pretty simple to do!)

Btw, you're welcome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:08 AM
Plumbobber, Thank you for that link. I will look that tutorial over as well. Hope it works as I have ran into a dead end or maybe am not using merge correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:09 AM
Ok mustluvcatz I will take a look over at that forum.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 3:16 AM
Ok, very excited. Your link helped and I now have my showers in game and should be able to do others!! Thank You very much for the help from both of you!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plumbobber
Actually, you can clone your own recolor with S4S. It works for objects, cas, overrides whether it is made with S4S or not. I use this tutorial
http://sims4studio.com/thread/397/c...-custom-content

I remembered wrong then. Deep in the recesses of the the tangle of cobwebs I call my mind.. I was remembering something about internal ID numbers (or something like that) not getting changed (or something like that) but I'll be damned if I can remember exactly what I read and exactly where on their forum I read it. It's possible it was something in the tutorial about merging packages.

But hey! Problem solved in the end, which is always a good thing!