Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:53 PM
It's very rare I do any kind of layer masks or anything like that. I think the only time I've bothered with that is on the Dirigible one, the gears in the background I used a layer mask to make them fade into the background a bit on one side... I tend to do that a lot actually in stuff like that but not in the actual drawing itself. I prefer just to have stacks and stacks of layers all separate and just draw what I want to see... and I'm so afraid of combining things too! The only time I ever do is when I create a layer just to experiment with something and then end up liking what I did and then want to incorporate it into a similar layer that already exists.

Ooooh those links are great too - I've -loved- Marta Dahlig's work for a long time so I'll be delighted to have some of her brushes... and I've seen several of those pieces before of hers, actually... I would -kill- to be able to paint fabric like that! The fact that her composition on the Seven Deadly Sins stuff is strongly Alphonse Mucha/art nouveau-inspired also gets her serious bonus points.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 3:42 PM
HP, you are very talented! Those pictures are beautiful...

LaTasha

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:35 PM
Your pictures are fantastic, i envy your talent keep up the great work
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:55 AM
Very gorgeous photos, HP. You have a very good way with drawing-and I especially love Dringible as well-very expressive and real. The first drawing actually made me think of some of Van Gogh's drawings. Lovely moon as someone said too.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:13 AM
Click for larger version.

King of Panties (and Chocolate Bears)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 7:20 AM
Wow HP you are awesome! I love the expressionable faces of your portraits, and you're great at noses. And that "Wind in the Reeds" was really good also, I love the effect it achieved, kind of mysterious and calm.
Page 2 of 2