Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:45 PM
Default Lord, how this terrified me when I was younger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4djJULQHnR0

That music that played when you got robbed, fired or a raccoon appeared. When I first played (I must of only been seven or so) it scared me so.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 4:55 PM
Haha, I knew it was going to be that music as soon as I read the thread title! I remember reflexively tensing up when I heard that music only to be all relieved/angry when it was only the dumb raccoon.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 6:42 PM
If you never clean it up - I wonder How Many piles of trash that annoying little racoon can pull out of the trash can? Seems like he pulls more trash out of there than ought to be in there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:23 AM
Apparently a raccoon appearing on your lot is the equivalent of being fired or being robbed. So, listening to it again, what's with the sound effects in the music? The flies and vulture. It's as if my Sim had died lost in a desert.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:49 AM
They put a lot of oomph into the Sims 1 soundtrack.
Inventor
#6 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 9:25 AM
Lmao. xD I love that little tune, you never know what's about to happen.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 2:42 PM
Jeez, that still makes me tense up when I'm playing the game with the sound on.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 5:13 PM
It used to drive me crazy. At first, I was such a Sims noob that I had no idea that could be only a raccoon. I'd look all over for this imaginary burglar, and couldn't find him anywhere!

Yes, Sims 1 is still emblazoned deep in my mind. I saw a TV show the other day with one of the pieces playing in the background, and I suddenly exclaimed, "That's SIMS 1 music!" Great. I forget where I put my keys, but still remember that tune!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 6:19 PM
That sound used to and still does sometimes scare the crap out of me. o.e
I'd be looking all over the place to see what had happened ♥
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:53 PM Last edited by zorba2357 : 9th Aug 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Lately I hear that music around midnight, but can't find any burglar, racoon, skunk, ghost, nothing ?

My sim did get burglarized the other night though, The funny thing is she's in the criminal career track herself! The burglar took a big painting off the wall. She has the burglar alarm so he , or she (I can't even tell) got caught.

The policewoman had no police car, just a stick. The burglar sticks their hands in the air and marches off the lot all stiff. I think that's kind of funny. My sim slept through the entire event!

The burglar approaching the lot:

The perp march:

Instructor
#11 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 1:20 AM
It's still creepy!!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:02 PM
Sometimes that music would play inappropriately and I'd be all disappointed. I liked getting the burglar, because I had my burglar alarms on the outside walls near each exterior door, which meant the burglar didn't get a chance to steal anything and the sim got the reward for capture without the offsetting expense of rebuying the stolen item.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:45 PM
I used to turn off SFX just because i was so scared of the music.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 2:52 PM
i miss this! i wish it wasn't so darn expensive for mac!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 4:09 PM
Oh damn, it used to scare the shit out of me too.

But the tune that plays when a fire starts was way more worse.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:13 AM
I thought 'I don't remember this bit of music', so I followed the link. I very quickly remembered the music and my blood went cold. This music still terrifies me.

I also used to be scared of a lot of the calls you'd get. "They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door." It took me until playing the Sims 3 when I'd look something up that I learned those were prank calls!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:27 AM
I never considered it scary which leads me to wonder at what age is it scary/not scary?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:44 PM
That would depend on the person, not the age.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 12:20 PM
YES!! OMG i remember just sitting there as a 7 year old playing sims

BOOOM creepy music (my sim overslept and missed work)
God scared the daylights out of me i was literally shaking for 10 minutes....

Guess what cheese
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That would depend on the person, not the age.
I would argue that only because younger people lack the experiences of older people who have lived through Hollywood type "terror" music and effects and seen that characters are ok, or they've been able to separate themselves from fictional characters. Very young people are more open to suggestion. On the other hand, I agree that some individuals would be more sensitive to this type of drama than others.

It's hard to remember how I felt hearing that music, at first. I think it set me off, initially, and then I got used to it pretty quickly. I loved it when there was a burglary because it usually meant compensation from the insurance company and the police in an amount that exceeded the cost of the item stolen, nothing like real life, of course. That was a great help to my families just starting out.

When pets came out and that music played over and over for the raccoon, I got annoyed. It didn't mean more money, it meant lost sleep which impacted job performance and the opportunity to earn promotions.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 10:53 PM
There ought to be a can of spray that gets rid of that Racoon! And I want to see it slink off the lot with it's tail between it's legs.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laxley
I thought 'I don't remember this bit of music', so I followed the link. I very quickly remembered the music and my blood went cold. This music still terrifies me.

I also used to be scared of a lot of the calls you'd get. "They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door." It took me until playing the Sims 3 when I'd look something up that I learned those were prank calls!

I played Sims 1 as a kid and I agree, those prank calls scared the bajeezers out of me! I used to take them seriously in-game and whenever someone came to the door I thought "MAYBE I SHOULD JUST IGNORE THEM!!!!!!"
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:07 AM
Dogs get rid of the raccoon. It's a real incentive to get one.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:19 AM
Sometimes strays would also go after the raccoon, which is something I only found out recently since I usually put up the "no pets" sign on most properties. For a poor Sim family that hadn't adopted a dog yet, it was another strategy. If your Sim had Simoleons, he could call animal control and they would take that pesky pesk away. Of course, it always came back! If someone in the household didn't need to sleep, they could also chase it away.

More often than not, using the cheat "move_objects on", I would delete that trash thief!

Instructor
#25 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laxley
I thought 'I don't remember this bit of music', so I followed the link. I very quickly remembered the music and my blood went cold.

lol, Me too.

That brings back so many horrible, terrifying memories. ;-;
It came out when I was 7... I'm almost 19 now and that still scares the hell out of me when I hear it.
*rocks in corner*
Page 1 of 2