Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 7:04 PM
Default The Sims 1 Soundtrack Lives On!
At some point I extracted all the music from the complete collection of the original game, so that I could have it available in iTunes with all my other music. Having those songs easier to get to meant that I listened to them A LOT (What can I say? It's good music! I even printed out piano sheet music for the Build Mode themes!), so I started being able to recognize them even from just a brief snippet of the song. At some point, I realized that TV commercials, sitcoms, and kid's shows actually use this music quite a bit!

The latest I've noticed is the new US commercial for Macy's, with the robot vs. the app. At the end, the robot falls in love with the app or something, and a Parisian-esque organ grinder song plays quietly in the background... the same song that plays when you watch the game credits for the Complete Collection for TS1!

I've also heard a few Makin' Magic songs for creepy or carnival scenes in shows , and lots of Superstar big-band themes have cropped up when a TV character thinks they've gotten their "big break" or something along those lines .

Anyone else noticed music from The Sims making an appearance elsewhere in the world?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 2:01 AM
I wonder..was is Steve Jablonski back then too?
He is good.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 3:43 AM
Yes, The Sims music can appear in other places. Some expansion packs feature "stock/production music" from music houses. You can check this thread:

https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502576

I have a website with a list of all the music that I know the titles and performers of. Making Magic, Hot Date, and Superstar contain production music that was made potentially before The Sims ever existed.

EDIT: And for more shameless self-promotion, if you'd like MP3 music covers for your MP3 music players, check out my "album" covers here: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=508080

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 6:42 AM
Nothing wrong with a little self-promotion! I actually didn't pull any album covers for iTunes- I may have to use yours!

And OK, I kind of wondered if some of it was stock music... I'm still inclined to say that the Sims made the best use of it! Either way, in my head it's more attached to TS1 than anything else, so it makes me laugh when a commercial or a show uses it- I almost expect the actors to shout out "MYSHUNO" or some other Simlish interjection!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 11:42 PM
I love the music from Sims 1! The building music and Making Magic were my favorites.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:43 AM
There's this page about Jerry Martin and The Sims here: http://www.anothermag.com/current/v...nished_Simphony

The Build Mode 5 music's sheet music plays in the second video. The later part of the song seems very complicated to reproduce, in terms of writing out those music notes.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 3:04 PM
So I went and grabbed all the Mp3s from my Sims 1 game installed on my laptop and added them to my droid. What fun music! It's so much better than any music they put in Sims 2 or 3. Of course, I may just be reliving those happy memories from hours of playing sims 1.

I'm going to go grab those album covers now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 4:12 AM
I couldn't agree more... the 6 build mode themes from TS1 in particular are great music (even without being associated with a game I liked so much as a kid!). TS2's build mode themes bug me so much I just turned the music off in my games. Can't vouch for whether the music for TS3 or its EPs is any good or not- I've never bought any of them, but hopefully TS4 will take a hint and bring back that kind of music (along with lots of the other things that made TS1 so great- IMHO, it has the best ideas in the entire game series, the technology just wasn't up to the level that later games have. I still love TS1 though!)

And I need to dig out that build mode sheet music again and brush up on my piano skills!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:12 PM
Yes, by far the most creative game of the three. I love the graphics and whole town interaction of the Sims 3, but it doesn't begin to match the creativity of Sims 1. I played the Sims 2 extensively, but I don't miss it at all. So far, Sims 4 doesn't interest me, but we'll see. I keep firing up my old laptop to play Sims 1 though. It's still fun, even with the limitations.

I haven't touched a piano in ages! I was a music major (vocal) back in the day. It would be great fun to try to play that build music. I wonder how many people would recognize it?
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd May 2014 at 12:14 PM
Oh yesssss build music from sims 1 <3 I just hope that the new sims games would have such amazing music don't really enjoy this new full of bits music :S sims 1 music was great, same as in sim city 3000, I like listening to it even while not playing
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th May 2014 at 3:04 AM
At one point I put TS1 music into the radio on TS2 To this day I still love, and regularly listen to, tracks from Unleashed.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th May 2014 at 12:18 PM
I have always loved listening sims 1 soundtrack, I practically love the music in makin magic.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I have always loved listening sims 1 soundtrack, I practically love the music in makin magic.

I had burned MM's music onto a CD when I was in highschool, and put it over the PA system at my school's annual Halloween Carnival... Great idea! I think they're still using that CD now, almost a full decade later!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th May 2014 at 10:02 PM
I have all sims 2 music muted. I hate it all.

I can listen to sims 1 music forever. It's fantastic!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th May 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
I have all sims 2 music muted. I hate it all.

I can listen to sims 1 music forever. It's fantastic!

Especially the remixes for Nightlife. They're awful.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 27th May 2014 at 2:38 PM
I just added all the SimCity 4 music to my droid now. It's also great. I never really played that game much, just created Sims 2 worlds with it. Maybe I'll fire it up too on my laptop.
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:55 PM
Here's something interesting. I was listening to a Spyro Gyra album recently, and noticed this piece of music. It sounds very similar to the intro theme to The Sims! Listen to this part from 2:48 onwards. Did the musicians of the game sample music from other artists?

This is "Carnaval" by Spyro Gyra, a piece of music from the 1980s.

Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 1:11 AM
A year or two back there was a KinderSurprise ad with music that I knew I recognised from somewhere - finally realised it was from The Sims! Nostalgia kick :D
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:26 PM
I'm so embarrassed. Here I've had the game for over ten years now, and I didn't even know the music was simply available in MP3 form through the C: files.

I'm so happy to have made this discovery right at this moment, though... As my new PC will be coming in any day now, and I have misplaced my The Sims CDs (but they're still installed on my current computer), but now the music shall live on!

I especially liked some of the Hot Date "elevator music" played through the stereos. xD I know... Elevator music... But it's nostalgic to me, I had literally not heard it in like ten years. It really fell through the cracks. The ones named "My One and Only" and "Fare Thee Well" on d_dgjdhh's site are my favorites.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:50 PM
The Sims 2 is the best sims game IMO, but the Sims 1 has best music.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 12:57 AM
Sims 1 had the greatest sounds. I use a couple of the stings as my text and email alerts on my phone. I'd replace my call tone with something from TS1 to complete the theme but I can't think of one that would get my attention enough.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM
How about the burglar music?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 6:00 PM
That burglar music would freak me out if I ever set it as my alarm in the morning lol. I'd go into full combat mode.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:53 AM
That burglar scare chord still makes my heart race...

I use it for my voicemail alert for that reason.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I wonder..was is Steve Jablonski back then too?
He is good.

Steve Jablonsky didn't start until The Sims 3 as far as I know. Jerry Martin, Kirk Casey, and Marc Russo did the original Sims soundtrack with the help of a few other people at times too.
Page 1 of 2