Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:10 AM Last edited by jj1010 : 6th Jun 2010 at 4:54 PM.
Default SimCity's Next Top Model - R1 & R2 Posted

you wanna be on top?

Rules
Sim must be adult female age 18-35, human only please.
This is a Sims 2 contest only. Sims 3 applications will be deleted.
Photoshopping is allowed, but you will not be judged on it.
Sim must be of your own creation; no sim stealing or tweaking.
No Simmerizing.
Simpose is allowed.
Follow the forum rules.
One entry per person.

There will be no eliminations, who ever has recieved the most points at the end will win.

Judging
Entries will be judged on the following;
Creativity/Uniqueness: /15
Writing: /10
Beauty: /10
Adherence to Rules: /5
Total: /40

Application:

Please include:
Name
Small biography: 10 sentences minimum, no maximum.
Why do you want to be a model?
A headshot
A profile shot
A body shot
A freeshot

Please use a plain white background for headshot, bodyshot, & profile.

Judges
1. Klarox
2. Zela
3. JJ1010

Emergency Judges

Applicants
Luvmeandyou/Stefani Gold: [APP] [R1]
noteardrops/Heather Mafer: [APP] [R1]
Lil B/Amelia Stone: [APP] [R1] [R1]
LEsherick/Laura Cipa: [APP] [R1]
MaydayParade/Amile Frost: [APP] [R1]
Aba23/Charity Pasti: [APP] [R1]
Singing_Noel/Dell Everly: [APP] [R1]
Supersimaholic/Amanda Cook: [APP] [R1]
Monstersteph/Adelia Elise Vanderbilt: [APP]

Rounds
0. Application
1. Masquerade
2. Supernatural
3. Colour Me Crazy.
4. Punk rock.

Timeline
A timeline will be added soon ..
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:11 AM Last edited by beeps : 13th Jun 2010 at 1:51 AM.
Contest Approved
Begins 5.20.10
Ends 6.27.10
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2010 at 4:28 AM
Let's get those applications rollin' in .
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:52 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 21st May 2010 at 12:30 PM.
I have never entered a contest so is anyone has any tips for me LET ME KNOW, haha I dont even no the sims that well yet!! But Hey I am willing to give it a go!!

I am starting by finding new skin tones and face parts because I do have an idea in my head hopefully someone puts an entry up soon so I can get an idea!!!

Ok so this is actually taking ALOT of research so I will get there eventually
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st May 2010 at 5:56 PM
What is the deadline for Apps?
I'm banned from my home computer until next friday, but I really want to submit
Inventor
#6 Old 21st May 2010 at 6:10 PM
I know this may sound stupid, but is this for sims 2 or sims 3?

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zela
I know this may sound stupid, but is this for sims 2 or sims 3?

Most likely TS2
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:34 PM
I am assuming its the sims 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:16 AM
It's not stupid. I forgot to re-add that into the main post, it is a Sims 2 contest only. (:
Klarox: If you need some pointers, I would suggest just looking at old closed contests.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd May 2010 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jj1010
It's not stupid. I forgot to re-add that into the main post, it is a Sims 2 contest only. (:
Klarox: If you need some pointers, I would suggest just looking at old closed contests.

Yea I have been doin lots of research but ill wait for the next sims 3 contest because I uninstalled sims 2
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:24 AM
How do i sent the foto and all these?Whats the prize of the winner?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2010 at 3:29 PM
AnnitaSims: At the moment their is no prize, but anyone is welcome to submit a prize. Also there is a tutorial on how to post photo's here.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd May 2010 at 7:01 PM
I really like this contest -- I've been waiting for one that I'll have the time for,for,well,awhile! I do have one question though--
Is it okay if it's a plain GRAY background? I don't know why,but the white background keeps turning out WAY darker than it should be,and I can't seem to fix it! So,would you mind if it was a gray background?

Call me Maria(:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:24 PM
Thank you noteardrops, and a simple photoshop edit will change the wall, but if you must you can use a gray background, just make sure you mention in the application that I've allowed you to use a gray background so the judges don't deduct any points.

Speaking of which, does anyone wanna be a judge? :P
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:40 PM
Thank you,jj1010,for letting me use a gray background! I just couldn't figure it out (But I'm not exactly the brightest one in the bunch)
Judges,jj1010 is nice enough to allow me to use a gray background because of my short knowledge of photoshop! I ask you not to deduct points for my gray background,please!

Name: Heather Mafer
Birthplace: A small town. Irvington,Kentucky.
Head Shot:

Profile Shot:

Body Shot:

As a little girl,I lived on a farm with my grandfather. He was very loving and I shared his eyes,and he was the one who put a creative outlook on life for me,always reminding me to pull my weight but still play. My mother had died in a tragic car accident and my father was sent to a rehab when he tried to commit suicide. Going to rehab was his own choice,of course,and when he came back I must've been about 14. At that age in adolescence I was extremely mature and was not upset that he had left -- I had realized that what he did was for me. So,he bought a small house in my town,Irvington,and we lived there with a small orchard and garden and we raised horses. We had many memories together. I got good grades and now I am attending a college for a teaching degree,while I live in a cozy home on the outskirts of Louisville in the country,with my fiancé,named Tristan. Him moving in with me before marriage has caused plenty of gossip at the local salon with the older ladies ,but we decided to go ahead and so as it was,in the long run,the better choice. He's plenty eager for children( ),but respects my wishes of becoming SNTM before we have any children and we plan to start producing babies afterwards :lovestruc
Why do I want to be SimCity's Next Top Model?
I know,that maybe,I'm not the most beautiful of them all.
But I know SNTM is not just about looks,and I want to prove to girls around the world,that anybody can be beautiful. Anybody ,that will strive for it will achieve!
Free Shot:

I hope my application is okay! If it's not let me know,please!

Call me Maria(:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:53 PM
Yay, first applicant ; good job Muffinz .
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd May 2010 at 12:06 AM
Ill judge, you just need to give me pointers on that too hahaha

and great entry!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Luvmeandyou : 24th May 2010 at 5:56 AM.
Name: Stefani Gold
Birthplace: New York, New York
Bio: I have always been interested in modeling since I was seven. I would look up and see billboards with famous models thinking, I want to be just like that. I would strive to be just like those women, but now I want to be a model and start being myself. I have had experience with minor photoshoots here and there. My mom fully supports my wishes, and hopes for the best for me. Even though my dad doesn't enjoy my career goals, he supports me too. I hope this competition will put me on top. I always try my hardest in life to get my want, and I will especially try my hardest on this. I'm sweet, funny, and full of spunk. All my friends said they knew I had model potential, and they are supporting me as well. I hope to woo the judges and win this competition!
Why do I want to be SimCity's Next Top Model?: I have a lot of experience and I know tons about fashion. No one would be more fit to win than me!

EDIT: Sorry I deleted so many comments. Kinda learning the ropes to image uploading. And sorry for some of the blurry photos. Just learned how to take away the blurriness. (:

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."
-Pride and Prejudice
Forum Resident
#19 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:24 AM
lol luvmeandyou you will do alot more wooing with pics on haha...
But yay another entry... I want a sims 3 contest to come along so I can play haha
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:59 AM
Lol just having some difficulties. Thats why there were so many deleted comments by me

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us."
-Pride and Prejudice
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th May 2010 at 2:57 PM
Great entry Luvmeandyou, and no problem about all the deleted comments; just try not to do it again.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th May 2010 at 3:16 PM
:O luvmeandyou I LOVE YOUR ENTRY!! It's..gorgeous!!

Call me Maria(:
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th May 2010 at 3:27 PM
thanks noteardrops. your entry was fabulous as well (:

-Pride and Prejudice
Inventor
#24 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:20 PM
I wouldn't mind being a judge seeing as I uninstalled sims 2 a couple of months a go and only have sims 3.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:51 PM
Hi Sorry about the backgrounds they went a bit peachy :S Here's my App

Name: Amelia Stone
Birthplace: California

Free Shot

Bio: Hi! I'm Amelia. Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of being a model but everyone told me I would never make and should try to be a Teacher or something. But nows my chance! My Dad runs a hotel with my Mum and lots of Models come and go and I just wished I could be them looking amazing and being ever so popular. I LOVE art and Music! I have always like being creative. When I was little I had lots of spare time because of my parents being out a lot! Grandma and Grandpa cared for me most of the time but I have just bought a new house and filled it with all my favourite things! However, money is tight and i'm hoping I might get some dosh from this competition! Thanks for listening to me ramble on about my life...

Why would I want to be a model?

Well, I want to show everyone that I can make it and I won't let others get me down. My parents don't believe in me and I hope this shows them that they should believe in me!

Headshot

Profile shot

Body Shot

This is my first ever contest.....so I hope my pictures and app was okay
noteardrops and luvmeandyou Great Apps guys :D

Page 1 of 10