Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#476 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:29 PM Last edited by leefish : 16th Aug 2014 at 9:23 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4487992, 4487995
I just had a very sad thought . With no CaSt in Sims 4, we couldn't have even done this contest to any degree of merit.

Quote:
started to play in a house in Bridgeport the other day, but it's lack of seasons compatibility just put me off it. I do realise Sunset Valley and Bridgeport were made before Seasons, but I prefer houses to look as though they are fully functional

@LucyBorgia, I cannot play Bridgeport due to the exceedingly slow time on the elevators, and the numerous routing bugs that force Sims to go out of their apartments before returning for mundane tasks like washing dishes in some of the apartments. There was a great mod hosted here from many years ago that sped up elevators and subways, but it doesn't work any more and I just have not been motivated to fix the code. I write LUA for World of Warcraft, and to be honest all my hard-core modding goes into that... I just like building houses and commercial lots in the Sims.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#477 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiraslin
@LucyBorgia, I cannot play Bridgeport due to the exceedingly slow time on the elevators, and the numerous routing bugs that force Sims to go out of their apartments before returning for mundane tasks like washing dishes in some of the apartments. There was a great mod hosted here from many years ago that sped up elevators and subways, but it doesn't work any more and I just have not been motivated to fix the code. I write LUA for World of Warcraft, and to be honest all my hard-core modding goes into that... I just like building houses and commercial lots in the Sims.

I never get very far playing in Bridgeport, for the same reasons. It's a shame because I wanted a city feel for the family I was going to play, so just went off to play another save instead.
Scholar
#478 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 9:10 PM
I rebuilt many of the Bridgeport lots to use stairs rather than the elevators. For the ones I couldn't, I just use the "teleport here" cheat. (Which I use a lot anyway, as many things take too long IMHO and I use it as a way to balance things out.)

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Field Researcher
#479 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM
I've tried to play in Bridgeport only once, and it was just after installing Late Night (my first EP, just over a year ago), and all my excitement with clubs and apartments ended with those elevators :P
But I liked that thing about redecorating without changing walls etc., now I'm thinking about redecorate Modernehaus for my sims in Sunlit Tides, since I think I had messed something in their current home while trying to build a basement and used CFE in it (perhaps CFE has nothing with it, but I've just got quite paranoid with that and now I want to move them out)

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Lab Assistant
#480 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:32 AM
I mentioned some time ago that I got bored one day and started redesigning the first two homes for the other families. I entered Home 1 as the Smiths. Just for kicks and giggles, here is my re-imagined House 1 for the Adams. No cc was used in the production of this lot (but copious store content). The Adams don’t seem to mind the downgrade as they spend significant portions of their time outside in the garden (at night, of course!). Judges, if you happen to look you might notice I actually took your critiques to heart (no saying if I've managed to do more things you hate, of course!).

I've really valued the opportunity to get feedback on my designs. Its not perfect, there's no back-and-forth discussion (I think everyone's felt that at times) but getting other people's critical evaluations is invaluable in developing any skill. Thank you again to Blake & the mods & the judges for your time, and to everyone for participating!

PRICE

FRONT

Field Researcher
#481 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:24 AM
That's great, Tiraslin! The only thing I might change is to recolour the pool tiles as they really stand out as they are such a bright blue in contrast to the lovely darkness of the rest of the lot
Scholar
Original Poster
#482 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 6:02 PM
Just an update on the scores, everyone. Thank you all for being so patient, I can imagine it being very nerve racking on the last round. Especially since this will be the round where the winner is announced! I can assure that all of the judges are working extremely hard and that they're so very close to being finished. I'd like to thank all of you for such a fun, wonderful contest and I'll be back posting here the second those scores are finished.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Instructor
#483 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiraslin
I just had a very sad thought . With no CaSt in Sims 4, we couldn't have even done this contest to any degree of merit.

Oh I know! No CAST is primary deal-breaker with Sims 4 for me. But that's okay, I'm perfectly happy with 3.

@BlakeS5678 and the judges: Thanks so much for this contest. It has been great fun and SUCH a challenge. I think of myself as a builder first and only a decorator as a by-product. So decorating without being to adjust structure on a whim has been crazy work and a strain on the ol' creativity gland. Thanks to all the other participants as well. It been thrilling to see everyone's genius solutions and creativity.
Scholar
Original Poster
#484 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:24 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 18th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM.
Default Round 4 Scores

Congratulations to our winners kasandro and cutsocks! Tying at 238.5 points! Congratulations, both of your wins are extremely well deserved. Another round of applause for our runner up Tiraslin coming in extremely close at 234 points, as well, please. I was very impressed by all of the contestants entries, and I think that even having the dedication to finish all four rounds of a contest is quite a grand achievement in itself.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Scholar
#485 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:52 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 18th Aug 2014 at 6:07 PM. Reason: misspelled Kasandro!
I want to thank everyone for making this such a great contest. There were so many beautiful entries,
and it was fun comparing the different solutions to the structural problems presented by these four houses.

It's so clear that the judges and our host worked very hard, and it made the difference. Thank you. :lovestruc

Congratulations, Kasandro and cutsocks!
Test Subject
#486 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM Last edited by kasandro : 18th Aug 2014 at 7:58 PM.
I tried to justify and sell the Egyptian influence of the house, but maybe the judges didn't read my briefing, or just they didn't bought it.

Anyway, thanks to everyone. To Blake for creating this, to the judges for the time spend on judging us and to the other contestants for giving some great ideas.

And congratulations to cutsocks!

And another thing, this contest and the good scores that judges gave me, made me start uploading houses to the community, so thanks for that too!
Test Subject
#487 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:29 PM
Yes, thank you to the judges for their hard work, and congratulations to all of us who made it through all four rounds, and I'm looking forward to doing better in the next one! Congratulations, cutsocks and kasandro!!
Instructor
#488 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:46 PM
Congrats kasandro! And Tiraslin! And everyone!

Once again, thanks all! 'Twas great fun.
Test Subject
#489 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasandro
And another thing, this contest and the good scores that judges gave me, made me start uploading houses to the community, so thanks for that too!

The same for me, but I find that everyone has their own personal style, but I still haven't figured what exactly I want to do.

Kayderenskee.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#490 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:13 PM
Congratulations to everyone for finishing all 4 rounds and to the two winners! Well done guys.

Achievements have been handed out. Remember, the hosted/judged/participated only apply if you finished the whole contest and can only be given once. If you already had them from a previous contest, you won't see anything new. However, you CAN win a blue ribbon more than once!

Again, congratulations everyone. This contest is now closed.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."

Page 20 of 20