Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:26 AM
Default Canning Station Overhaul
Any idea why this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462 wouldn't be working at all for me???
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
Any idea why this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580462 wouldn't be working at all for me???

Do you have the canning station from the Sims 3 store?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:40 AM
Yep. The added options simply don't show up however
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:06 AM
The mod is not too deep inside subfolders right? That can cause a mod to not load.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:24 PM
I moved it into the main package file (it was within 1 subfolder, which seems to work for all mods, but if they don't work I move them out to test if it will work) and nope... still not working. XD
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:28 PM
Download the Delphy's dashboard and see if there's a conflict.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:48 PM
Got it to work putting it in the overrides folder
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:17 PM
Then it's probably a load order issue. The game will always load its own .packages first, so I guess the script mod simply doesn't work if loaded after the vanilla version.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 12:48 AM
What options are you not getting exactly?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 4:26 PM
The make rations option wasn't showing up, nor did the station have any slots
Scholar
#11 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 7:08 PM
Ok uh did you install the canning station through the game's launcher or did you convert it into .package form or use other methods like CC magic? Maybe that could cause things to not load properly? Not sure honestly just guessing.

Scholar
#12 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
The make rations option wasn't showing up, nor did the station have any slots

Did you have 3 dishes? Were they all compatible?
What do you mean as far as slots? Placement slots on the actual station or slots for making the rations?

This interaction is enabled once 3 meals have been added to the canning station's inventory.
These can be a mix of any 3 types of meals, any number of servings, any quality.
Most meals in the game can be made into rations (see the Warnings section for custom foods and known incompatible foods.)
Ration-making increases Fun slightly.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM
Did you drag some food in to the station first? You need the same 3 foods, or the same 3 servings of food to be in the station first. Sorry to state the obvious.

You can't make rations out of all foods and you can't use every food in the station. Rations are normally made out of servings of dishes that your sim has already prepared. Try with some basic recipes, if you can make rations out of one type of dish then experiment with others, not all work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:08 PM
Yes, lol, I was doing everything right. Anyway, the make rations option should appear even if there aren't 3 meals inside, it's just grayed out. But I got it to work, so it's fine now.