Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom modular stairs not showing
I decided to play some TS2 again today after 2 months or so of a break. I put down an empty lot, loaded it, placed some foundations, however when I tried to place the steps, all my custom modular stairs were gone. I don't know what happened. I checked my Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder and all of the txt files were still there. I'm playing with the UC, so maybe it was an update that borked it?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:35 PM
I think I had that once - download a new copy of the scriptorium and install it (your txt, files will still be there and the stairs should work again).

And - welcome back
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 7:54 PM
Do I have to uninstall the Scriptorium and install it again? And I don't have to move the txt files?

Sorry for not replying sooner, I forgot about this

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:56 PM
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st May 2023 at 7:29 PM Last edited by BaseGamePlayer : 21st May 2023 at 7:45 PM.
Please HELP!! I had a bunch of modular stairs, they showed up great right next to their Maxis counterpart. At the time, I only had Uni, OFB, Seasons, and Mansion and Gardens. I really wanted drivable cars so I installed Nightlife and they all vanished! only Maxis stairs are showing.
So I uninstalled everything and after 2 days of stress and praying that my computer didn't crash on me, I installed the Ultimate Collection. So now I have everything, but the stairs still wont show. I did what was suggested here and reinstalled scriptorium, that didn't help. What now?
I also went through my downloads folder and compressed everything. Could that be a problem?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2023 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BaseGamePlayer
Please HELP!! I had a bunch of modular stairs, they showed up great right next to their Maxis counterpart. At the time, I only had Uni, OFB, Seasons, and Mansion and Gardens. I really wanted drivable cars so I installed Nightlife and they all vanished! only Maxis stairs are showing.
So I uninstalled everything and after 2 days of stress and praying that my computer didn't crash on me, I installed the Ultimate Collection. So now I have everything, but the stairs still wont show. I did what was suggested here and reinstalled scriptorium, that didn't help. What now?
I also went through my downloads folder and compressed everything. Could that be a problem?

Modular stairs need custom scripts - after you installed the UC, are you sure the scripts were reinstalled in the right place?

Make sure the Scriptorium is installed correctly, because the CDs and the UC have different install paths. Read the instructions carefully (not sure they are updated, but if not, check recent comments for the download - if there are any changes or anything missing, chances are it's been mentioned there).

Compressing usually shouldn't be an issue.

Did you enable CC after reinstalling?