Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:50 PM
Default How to extract the body meshes from the fullbuild package with s4pe?
Hello community,

I already did some dirty recolorings (of clothing and retexturing for existing hair) as well as facial overlays like freckles and eyebrows for the demo but in order to make skintones /perfect fitting make up and eyebrows I need to get the meshes for the UV template. Out of s4pe. Can someone give me a hint, which instance/ group ID to use? Thanks guys :P

♘ visit my tumblr here
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 3:05 PM
Edited because I'm an idiot, and all you need is these: http://sintiklia.tumblr.com/post/93...ies-from-sims-4

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Okay oh wow someone already exported them thank youuu. Now I'll start make a skin. Btw do you know how to bring in a default skin?

♘ visit my tumblr here
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:26 PM
Uhhhh well, there's not so much "a" default skin as 370-ish files that control the skins - base skin for face and body, plus overlays for stuff like dimpled chins and different face texturing. Making skins is a loooottttt more complicated for TS4... If you just want one to make makeup on, the texture included with Sintilika's are fine for that.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 13th Aug 2014 at 8:25 PM.
I already made a finished skin texture for females. I gonna clone a cloth texture and replace it with the dds, just for testing Will this work for a quick test or nah? Btw I dont even know how to make a default replacement is someone could explain me briefly which files to replace? I rly wanna test my first skin in game :/

For example I made eyebrows in my own style in real life and yea I took an eyebrow for young females and exported it with color magic and replaced the DDS with my new file (I uploaded the DDS) but I cant find it in game. I placed it in the mod folder and I guess i did everything right. I should appear in the black eyebrow area but NOTHING happens....

EDIT: Is this error normal when I try to import from DDS???
Attached files:
File Type: zip  supertrapb0lous_yfMakeupEyebrows_v01.zip (15.9 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content

♘ visit my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 3:01 AM
sweet thatd be cool if someone can figure out some sort of sim exporter cuz im not good at lining things up and such ;-) neat.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 14th Aug 2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Removing pics - not nearly pixellated enough, still NSFW/here.
Okay I tested the skin in game. I recolored the bra and the pantie texture with the color map of the skin I made. Thats why the bump for bra and pantie is still there lol. And the specularity ofc is weird ahhaaa. And the muscle slider is overlayed. But for a first test okay anyways. I figured out how to make non defaut eye contacts and eyebrow (the eyebrows appear and disppear sometimes like when I start CAS the sometimes show up, sometimes not???! idk whyy....) I also did some blushe and freckles as blush but I can only have one non default in the demo. As soon as i have two non default blushes the demo crashes. Nice. Color magic and/or s4pe seems to have some issues idk Anyone ideas why I cant have two non default blushes in game?? I hope someone will release such a nice tool like skininator for ts4 ahhaaa that would be so cool. But for now, If anyone could tell me how to find the EA skin texture DDS files in the fullbuild, I could replace them and make a few default skins for me. That would be so helpful guys.

Non pixelated pics can be found on my blog (NSFW)

♘ visit my tumblr here
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:52 PM
Skins can't be coloured, they have to be greyscale, and there are a LOT of textures to make them, as I said previously. I don't think there's any good way to find all of them besides extracting all the DDSes from the Fullbuild package and going through them to find the skin bits - it's what I did to try to find them initially...

I'm attaching a txt file which has the list of 373 files which I believe constitute a "full" replacement set. I can't tell you for sure which of these are definitely used, and which are not, and I may be missing some as I had to go through every single DDS visually... This will at least get you the TGIs which may speed things up for you a little? Best way to go through the files is to use Irfanview Thumbnails view as it can view DDSes (and you can make the thumbnails bigger to see better).

If you want I can stick these DDSes up on my Dropbox so you don't have to sort through yourself. It'll be a big file though.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  filelist.7z (2.1 KB, 137 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:22 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 14th Aug 2014 at 1:45 PM.
OH hOLY SHIT thank you so much for the file only collecting all these files must have been massive work thank you so much I'll go through all files and take a look on them. I gonna edit my post afterwards if I still have annoying questions hahaa. Uploading it to your dropbox would be really really nice man. So I'm not the only one whos s4pe has an error generating the dds file previews lol.

EDIT:
2,097,280 _3453CF95_00000000_FF36122B41C27E43.dds.dds that is telling me for example resource type 0x3453CF95 for DDS, resource group 0x00000000, is FF36122B41C27E43 the file name? Sry for my noobish behaviour.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:11 PM
Sorry for not being able to contribute to all of this, but uh, do I smell nude mods?
I just took a look at your blog, and I like the progress!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 3:16 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...bodytextures.7z

... it compressed remarkably well, only a bit over 13 mb. Sorry for them all being named .dds.dds, blame Delphy for that.

The filenames are _TYPE_GROUP_INSTANCE.dds.dds

I have no idea if that error is normal - I got a different one when trying to import a DDS.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 10:12 PM
Okay thank you again for the upload and the infos :D. I went through all files and some files are really really strange. Like I've no idea what they are supposed to do. Like single parts of the face... weirdo. And I still have questions concerning colormagic. If I make non default replacements, my game mostly freezes I already did a lot of make up stuff, but I only have them as defaults in game. But i wanna share some stuff and want to make working non defaults

♘ visit my tumblr here
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:18 PM
The single parts of the face are tied to facial features. So there'll be one that can make a nose look more defined, one that looks more soft, a chin with a dimple in it, different types of eyelids, and so on. You'll have to look at the alpha channel on them to see how critical each one is, and decide whether or not you want to replace it based on that - if it's something that covers a lot of texture and would look weird without being replaced, layered on top of your other skin textures, then replace it. If it's just, like... the soft part underneath the chin for fat sims, maybe don't have to. There's also just a bunch of like, face flavours as well, so it's not just one male texture and one female texture but a buttload of various types. I dunno what some of them are meant to do myself - just that they're face texture related. It's gonna take a while to sort it all out and may be a matter of default replacing batches with weird stuff (words, colours, something so they're recognizable) just to see A) what all is actually used by the game vs. is junk that maybe just got left in because they forgot to trash it and B) what it all does and how much you need to worry about it.

I've no idea about the non-defaults - not actually tried making any myself yet.

Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:12 AM
I'm working on a detail skin. I knew that we had several extra files, but did not imagine so many. Does one really need all this?

Sorry double post.
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 7:06 AM
See my above post regarding figuring out which ones are truly necessary...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 7:29 AM
@MarcyRoars ahahaa you just need to clear the dds of a cloth that uses the default nude body mesh. But as far as I can see the textures in the demo arent nude by default, they're painted over with underwear

@.Krell which files do you already made? I already made files like spec, bumps and normals but I cant seem to find the bumps/normal maps ??? Help (

@HP Thank you I had the same thoughts

Btw does someone knows why the one part of the color maps is colored too? Its not the scalp or something. Its hair area. WTF?

♘ visit my tumblr here
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 7:33 AM
Pretty sure it is the scalp, actually.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:02 AM
No its not The yellow faces are the scalp. thats why Im wondering.

♘ visit my tumblr here
retired moderator
#19 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:09 AM
Huh. Dunno - but that's just the colour overlay so I'd leave it green (or whatever you want to change the colour to). Could default replace just that part of the image with bright magenta or something, just to see if it changes anything on a sim you put the green skin on.

Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:04 PM
I thought about making a skin like tattoo, not default... I don't understand how this works in The Sims, I learned how to make skins through Second Life, and it's so simple. =/

What I need to make a default skin? I never made a skin for The Sims. .-.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .Krell
I thought about making a skin like tattoo, not default... I don't understand how this works in The Sims, I learned how to make skins through Second Life, and it's so simple. =/

What I need to make a default skin? I never made a skin for The Sims. .-.

Skin is bit more complicated for the Sims 4 if I understand you correctly. You mean to apply a skin as a tattoo? Problem is that the game uses hundreds of 'overlays' it appears, to enhance shapes and what not. I think the game relies on this effect quite a bit. You could however apply things like scars, freckles, or birthmarks.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tonicmole
Skin is bit more complicated for the Sims 4 if I understand you correctly. You mean to apply a skin as a tattoo? Problem is that the game uses hundreds of 'overlays' it appears, to enhance shapes and what not. I think the game relies on this effect quite a bit. You could however apply things like scars, freckles, or birthmarks.

Yes, and the tattoo overlays. I'm thinking about this. Tomorrow I will show the skin that I'm working! ^-^
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:35 AM
I think that I used... 500-1000 layers for make the skin. This is a preview:

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 4:08 AM Last edited by SimsForever15 : 19th Aug 2014 at 4:37 AM.
^ The skin is looking good! I can't wait to see it when it's finished!
EDIT: Do you think you can post a comparison pic of the original skin and this?

The Sims Forever
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 2:47 AM
Page 1 of 2