Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2801 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Decided to use my first pre-made Maxi's sim from the bin. I chose Julien Cooke for the illustrious honor as one of the founding residents of the island of Nantooket.
Julien had a hideous goatee that he promptly shaved, a passion for cooking and is not attracted to vampires (good, because I don't play them). He also likes cats. So, Julien's first act as a home owner was to adopt the sweet kitten, Alaia. Julien and Alaia have become super tight. He loves that cat. He's teaching her tricks now. He's chatted up a few women, but none of them are as fascinating as teaching Alaia how to sit.

Another founding couple are Matthew and Sarah Hamilton. Sarah is sweet and kind-natured. She wants nothing more than to have a few kids that give her some grand-babies. She's also absolutely devoted to Matthew. Hearts in her eyes and all. She's got it bad.
...Which isn't good. Because Matthew is not the gem Sarah thinks he is. Mr. Hamilton enjoys power and women. And he's charismatic enough to get both.

Jackson and Katherine Carver are the third family. Jackson is the town's only schoolteacher. Katherine is a scholar of the world. She had a job when they first came to town, but it didn't work out. She's a stay-at-home wife now. Jackson supports this. Jackson and Katherine are so lovey-dovey it hurts. Their dream is to open a bookstore, Carver Books. Their heads are in the clouds quite a bit, so right now, they're living on love and dreams.

The last founding family is the Roberts family. Abigail wants to open a dance studio one day. But not before she becomes the world's foremost prima ballerina. Nicholas has ambitions just as huge. He's an architect. His goals are to become the head of his firm, map the entire island of Nantooket, write several anthologies, catalog the island's flora and fauna, and a few other things. So far, he's managed to become a brick-layer, but he's on his way.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Advertisement
Theorist
#2802 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Ajay Loner of Greater Pleasantview earned himself the title of Least Favourite Sim for this rotation when he decided to sell his cat. This was particularly despicable because poor little Sweets had just got home from work and collapsed in a small exhausted heap on the front lawn, not having the energy even to drag himself to the pet bed, and having been adopted just two days earlier was happily dreaming of having a family at last.

Ajay's really shot himself in the foot with his haste to make a quick buck, though. Even without a promotion, Sweets would have brought more home in a week than he was sold for, and Ajay's LTW to get six pets to the top of their career tracks is now in serious jeopardy.

I hope the Curious family will treat poor Sweets more kindly.

I don't quite understand how a Sim can decide to sell their cat without you doing so. Is this some sort of mod that makes their behavior crazy autonomous?
Mad Poster
#2803 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Oh, the Curious brothers are awesome, they will take good care of Sweets

You're right; I had them mixed up with the Beakers.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#2804 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I don't quite understand how a Sim can decide to sell their cat without you doing so. Is this some sort of mod that makes their behavior crazy autonomous?

No, I had to actually do the sale, but I play to wants and this was what he wanted (he's a Fortune Sim and just wanted to make a quick buck). I did wait for a playable to come along, though - I once sold a puppy to a townie, thinking it would come with them when I moved them into a playable household, but it didn't and was lost forever.

Sweets was very confused at finding himself suddenly outside the Curious house, but Lazlo bought him everything he needed, and toddler Katherine was delighted when she woke up and found a new friend to play with. She can be a bit rough sometimes, which makes him squirm, but he knows she's trying to be friendly and doesn't mind. Lazlo didn't think much of a cat having to work, so he called Sweets's employer and cancelled his job. I think Sweets is going to be much happier here, and since Vidcund bought him with household funds and hasn't taken the money out of his personal account, Sweets belongs to everyone, so the brothers would have to be unanimous before he could be sold again. If they start moving out to set up their own households, Sweets will stay with whichever Sim he has the highest relationship with, which at the moment is Katherine (Pascal's daughter).
Theorist
#2805 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
No, I had to actually do the sale, but I play to wants and this was what he wanted (he's a Fortune Sim and just wanted to make a quick buck).

Huh....I've just never seen a want to sell a pet and didn't know it existed. I hardly ever play with pets, because I don't like that I can't control them without a cheat and apart from the Critturs have never had a pet give birth, so I don't know that much about pet related wants in the game.
Mad Poster
#2806 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:25 PM
I play with pets all the time and yet, never saw that want either!...Must be more a fortune sim thing...I don't play them often.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#2807 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
George McCarthy, who is a Fortune Sim, married Meadow Thayer and did roll wants now and again to sell her dog It wasn't allowed.
Field Researcher
#2808 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:29 PM
In this moment, and I mean literally right now, Johnny invited Ripp over to, ahem, keep up with their unresolved sexual tension. I am more focused on Ripp's steps, though. You know how sometimes teens might get stuck and 'sneak out' everywhere? Well, Ripp has just... sexy walked all the way to Johnny's house

Wait, no! He rang the bell, like a normal sim! He was not stuck, he... Nope, never mind, he sexy walked away. Definitely stuck.

So, as I was saying, What Is Happening In My Game Right Now? Ripp is stuck in sexy mode. Great.
Mad Poster
#2809 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 31st Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM.
Silas Wirth was born, daughter to Angelina Wirth (Don Lothario and Sharon Wirth) and Parsley Cooke (Julien Cooke and Kirsten Loste) he has quite dark tanned skin (between skin tone 3 and 4), dark blue eyes and black hair. I haven't really decided what to do with him yet. I wasn't expecting Angelina to get pregnant as a teen. I'm not sure whether he's be put up for adoption or not. Angelina and her mother are very close, so I think she's going to want that very close relationship with her son too. But there isn't much room in the house for a baby.

Last rotation, The Hart family welcomed in babies 8 and 9, named Croi and Elsker. Matthew and Sarah both want a tenth, but damn their genetics are getting boring and their house is getting stressful with so many youngsters and so many ill Sims. I'm excited for their eldest daughter Cupid growing up. She's currently engaged. Her twin bother, Redd has a girlfriend but I'm not sure I like the pairing. Today the youngest twins became toddlers. Guess I didn't check their personalities when they were born, because they were a clone of the last set of twins (which were both identical apart from the nose and some minor personality points) great... That Hart nose will be the death of me!

Next in my rotation is Riverblossom Hills. Cerys and husband, Ashton who are both teens have been arguing again. I thought it would be interesting to have an arranged marriage between enemies. I didn't expect them to woohoo and have a baby, and now I'm in a difficult situation where I can't trust them to be in a house together without attacking each other but also Cerys and her family have one of the smallest houses with literally no room for a crib, let alone Juliana who has just become a toddler and is very troublesome (because there's no room for toys she's been playing in the toilet).

Mary Burn (was Gavigan) just gave birth to little Ryan Burb. A bit of a later-in-life child. John had two children from a previous marriage, Lucy and Adam, and Mary had three; Isaiah, Anaïs and Elliot. This is their second child together. The first being Joe who has just become a teenager. Both parents are already grandparents, in fact Isaiah's son Noah has already been a child for quite a few rotations, so it's pretty safe to say Ryan is a very later-in-life baby.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#2810 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:17 PM
My trailer park founder Christina and her husband Benjamin (Long) Marsh have become elders. Their five eldest children have finally moved out, leaving them with one child and six teens still at home. The eldest left a couple of seasons back; he moved in with his girlfriend Melody Tinker when she returned from university. The second eldest, Jade, took me a while to move out. As soon as she aged up she went into aspiration failure. When she recovered, she discovered that the computer was broken (without enough funds for a new one) and their newspaper had been stolen, so she had to wait until the next paper was delivered. I play with the no20khandout, so she had to take a mortgage to afford a place to live. She did bring her family's collection of fished boots (about 80 of them), so she will have some funds to pay back her loan. I haven't played her this rotation yet; I hope to have her hired at one of the owned community lots in my slowly growing town. The first set of triplets aged up at the end of this rotation, and all three of them plus two of the family dogs are going to live together for now, but I won't be playing them again this rotation.

The rest of the town is starting to develop and a few of the Bluewater sims are living in town. Malcolm Landgraab is the mayor; his family owned a lot of land in the area, and Malcolm has returned to try to develop the area as a tourist destination. He's encouraging businesses along the main street, and developing some tourist attractions on his own land along with the city hall. He has married Jodie Larson, who has a music store. They are expecting their second child. The Tinkers are living in an apartment above their toy store on main street. Aside from Melody, they have twin teens and one child. Jason Larson had built a small recreation center, but after the town had a series of robberies and pick pocketing, Malcolm offered him the chance to become the town's police force. Jason's new home is going to become the police station. Next rotation, the Ramirez family will be moving in, with Lisa working to get her medical degree to become the town doctor. Checo just got hired to work at Jodie's store. The Larson parents and Tessa's grandparents are living in the senior's residence. The town still needs a school; everyone aside from the challenge lot is homeschooling for now. One of the Tinker teens wants to top the education career path, so she'll probably found the school after university.
Field Researcher
#2811 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:19 AM
My sims are not sure if the recent signs that their Goddess has returned, is a good thing or a bad thing.
Mad Poster
#2812 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:08 PM
Oh, sleepycat, please deets on your goddess. What does she do and what are the signs she has returned? Also, I tried to go to the site you have in your siggy. Nothing there, I'm afraid.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#2813 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:18 PM
Strange, the link works for me. It went straight to my section at the asylum. Here is the main link http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
As for my sims Goddess, well that is me so... Hi! I'm back yet again!
Mad Poster
#2814 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM
You are always welcome here!

Forum Resident
#2815 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:49 PM
Rebuilding Pleasantview since building mode is the only working thing
Kinda wanna try out moving all the families out but some lotshave gravestones sooo

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2816 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Orilon : 1st Feb 2018 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
@smorbie1 are you registered on the Naughty Sims Asylum? Most of the site is only viewable to registered members (Like Sleepycat's section, which is what is linked. Free registration. If I remember right when it started Twoftmamma made it registration required to stop plagiarists.)

Tango Caliente and Solea Garcia graduated from college (Solea is the Young Adult CAS Sim I created to be Tango's spouse.) I moved them into their own house and had them get married.

Flamenco and Nighat also graduated from college. I had meant to move them in with Nighat's parents but since I have been getting over a stomach bug this week, I was in kind of a daze and forgot about moving them in with Nighat's parents and moved them into their own house. They got married before I saved the house and exited the game.

I'm now trying to decide if I should leave them, or move them in with Nighat's parents.

I started a new rotation this morning. First up was Victor Goth's house.

Frida and Caelum have been teaching the twins their toddler skills, but I accidentally had Caelum miss the carpool because he was teaching Issac how to talk. Thankfully he had a paid day off, and used it. Caelum did manage to go to work the rest of the days I played and is now level 9 in the Journalism Career. Depending on if he can get the skills he needs, he probably will be permaplat the next time I play the house. Frida already got to the top of the Gamer career and is already permaplat.

Aaron brought Brian Technician 7 home from school, reminding me that I haven't played his household for awhile. Flamenco Caliente is Brian's older half brother. Flamenco just graduated from college and is now married to Nighat, and since I haven't been playing that household for awhile, Brian is still a child.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2817 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:15 PM
Building in AGS with settings turned low is all I am doing until I get my new rig (crosses fingers for that)

Apartment that I am building.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#2818 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
On my base-game installation Don Lothario is now working for real at the Shoo Flee Medical Center community lot I made him quit his real Medical job and I'm simulating a "Go to work" scheme in where he will leave at roughly 9 AM and will come home a bit after 6 PM and I'll add some money to his funds via the Budget Adjuster and will set the hour to 18 via the Temporal Adjuster (both are InSimenator). I also change his outfit to a medical one which I made unhidden, and he changes back to his everyday clothes when he gets home. It's quite fun!

How do you change the time to night with the Temporal Adjuster? I tried to do something like your "Go to work" scheme, but the Adjuster sets the time back to 8AM, instead of 8PM.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#2819 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM
Matthew Hamilton just completed his first novel. He pretty much ignored his wife's entire existence to finish it, but he seems fine with that.

It's called: The Way Up - Vol. 1

The back cover blurb reads:

First time author, Matthew Hamilton, chronicles his journal through the sometimes nasty and cut-throat ranks of the political world. Hamilton started out as a File Clerk in the Sim City Municipal Offices. Due to his uncanny skill for filing, Hamilton was quickly promoted to Intern. The journey can only be described as a how-to in "getting a leg up."

"I was riveted from the first line. Hamilton makes filing as exciting as llama racing!" - Sandy Machado of the Sim City Chronicle

AKA. Anora Acadian
Forum Resident
#2820 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:29 AM
Personally I like my makeovers of houses in Pleasantview but I keep forgetting to write the housenames and prices .____________.
But makeovers are enjoyable AHAHAHA

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2821 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:47 PM
Woops. I replayed a few houses in my neighbourhood by accident (I thought it was a bit weird that I was already back to the Martin/Goodie/Burb families) and now I've messed up my rotation a little. Not to worry, I just won't play those households next time.

Anyway, aside from replaying.
Mercutio Monty caught his wife, Miranda having an affair with her old college professor! Sometimes, my sims work things out... other times... they don't. Mercutio broke up with her on the spot, and she moved out leaving her twins behind. She's currently searching for a last name since she's no longer allowed to be a Monty, and can't return to "Capp" because... well... she married the Monty heir so she's not exactly on speaking terms with the rest of the family.

Speaking of break-ups, since Sandra Broke (Roth) cottoned on to Rick and Angela (Pleasant) Contrary holding their daughter (/Rick's step-daughter) and grandson (/Rick's son.... yep....) hostage in a hidden secret room for the majority of their life, the household has of course broken down. Rick and Angela divorced and Rick skipped town straight after. Angela hates him, and plans on moving elsewhere and changing her and their daughter's names. The daughter (Bea) who was locked away ended up moving in with Sandra, who just happened to be married to Bea's biological father, Dustin. It didn't take long for him to realise his adopted teen daughter is actually his real daughter, as they look almost identical. Plus, after Dustin and Sandra struggled for years with unexplained infertility, Sandra has finally become pregnant.
Sounds great, right?... well... sadly not. This rotation, a fire broke out from a train-set, killing townie Ivy Copur (adult) and despite Sandra trying to save her, there was no use. Ivy is officially the first sim to die in my game without having any children. I'm thinking of resurrecting her at a later time, but for now her grave is outside the house.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2822 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:31 PM
Lately, my sims have all been stupid. What is it about sims women that makes them forget how to eat when they are hungry? Mary Aires, who seemed to be a perfectly normal girl, was assigned Evan Tinker as a spouse because she won the baby lottery. They weren't all that thrilled with each other (making the retching sounds when you see your spouse is probably not the indicator of a healthy marriage). But he wanted another child now that his daughter, Christmas, is a teenager and on her own. So...evening falls and Mary's a bit peckish. She goes to the bathroom. She takes a shower. She sits down to read. She dies. WTF? The kitchen is RIGHT THERE!

Forum Resident
#2823 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:56 PM Last edited by kanzen : 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:07 PM.
@smorbie1 I think she rather die than spend another waking moment with him. I mean, he wants another baby. She has to put up with that =))

--

I finally finished my beach house and was about to upload it here until I remembered that I had loads of pay content in that lot
I thought I'd make an unfurnished version to be safe but the gazebo's entire roof is pay content OTL oh well
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2824 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM
LOL! The baby was a forgone conclusion, ordered by the Council. It was conceived via artificial insemination (insim), so she didn't have to worry about getting physical with him.

Scholar
#2825 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:56 PM
in my BACC hood Oday Cove the founder branch periwinkle (strange i know) married sandy bruty and they have twins shrub and dye (shrub is the male dye is the female) the worst thing is how since the parents are THREE BOLT ROMANCE SIMS they are left to play with the activity table,branch and sandy constantly move the kids to the wrong crib then the right one then the wrong etc its chaos

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Page 113 of 350