Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2826 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM
They don't care what crib the kid goes in, and that drives me nuts.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2827 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:30 PM
@Bigsimsfan12

Miranda's dad's last name before he married into the Capp matriarchy was Norman. Miranda gets to double thumb her nose at her mother's family. I could definitely see her doing that.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#2828 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
@Bigsimsfan12

Miranda's dad's last name before he married into the Capp matriarchy was Norman. Miranda gets to double thumb her nose at her mother's family. I could definitely see her doing that.

Ah! Brilliant! I wish I had seen this post earlier. I just googled Shakespeare names and she ended up with the last name Burgandy. Now I might change it to Norman. She never got on with her mother, but is still in touch with her father even after marrying a Monty. It would've made sense!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2829 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:46 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:43 PM.
The Cullen family had literally just birthed their Council-ordered triplets when the last rotation ended. When I checked in this time, Kaylynn (who looks quite different post nuclear incident) was still standing there holding one. Naturally, my entrance coincided with the Council's arrival to notify them of another baby lottery win. The couple experienced mixed emotions. Shawn was tickled because he wasn't the one who just gave birth. Kaylynn would have been more open to the idea if their children were more than a minute old. Nevertheless, one does as the Council demands, and they both did want big families.

However, this left them with 0 money to pay their taxes. Since this was the first tax problem they had, the Council just sent them a room mate. Another failure will, of course, mean exile to the prison subhood, Nowhere.

Here's the deal. They sent Danielle Lillard. I really don't like her. It's the combination of the dreads and the frog lips. I wish they had a surgery center, so I could fix her mouth. But, she's definitely going to the hair salon at Gussy Up's ASAP.

Another problem is that the house is small. There's a bed upstairs, but Kaylynn and Shawn haven't really hit it off, and she's been sleeping on the couch. Not a lot of room for for a lounge chair. I'd hate for Froggy to have to sleep standing up. Or would I?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#2830 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
I rebuilt 2 houses in pleasantview today 50 Middle Lane to 23.523 (fully furnished) and 30 Lakeside Drive to 26.026 (also fully furnished)
I feel happy with the outcome of modern country side houses.
Screenshots

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2831 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:21 PM
I like those. The one on the right looks like a happy, little house. I have no talent for rebuilding. You know they have had a contest on here for rebuilders. You might want to check out those threads.

Forum Resident
#2832 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I like those. The one on the right looks like a happy, little house. I have no talent for rebuilding. You know they have had a contest on here for rebuilders. You might want to check out those threads.

I actually use the original house shells but change anything inside and outside mostly since like
The houseshells are good it is just the layout/exucution there is bad for maxis
So for fun I just spend time
Idk yet if I should upload the houses /w\/

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#2833 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:43 PM
After a long period of grueling work and slaving away at the robotics station, Tina has finally gained the coveted Gold Robotics badge. (And it's the first time I earned it legitimately, too!) Now she can create the robotic spouse she always wanted
Scholar
#2834 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:52 PM
i just had an entire family in my bacc hood wiped out by a fire,i didnt save of course but who wouldn't? the only survivor was a newborn baby and first to die was a child.it was sad.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#2835 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:05 PM
First Rick Contrary and now Lilith Pleasant...I've never had even one teen run away before in all the years I've been playing, and now it seems to be becoming the fashion in Greater Pleasantview! The difference in the parents' reactions took me totally by surprise: Edward and Opal didn't seem all that bothered, although I had Edward ring the police eventually because he rolled some wants for positive interactions with his son; Mary-Sue went running after Lilith, bawling her eyes out, and has barely stopped crying since - she even got up at 3 am and started crying again, and Angela was the same (Daniel is still in prison, hence no reaction from him). Seeing this, I of course had Mary-Sue call the police at once, but 22 hours later there's still no sign of Lilith. Silly girl; she only had 26 hours from when she ran away until she could legally have left home or gone to university anyway. Edward Contrary came round while Mary-Sue was on the phone, almost as if he wanted to form a support group, and Dirk Dreamer came looking for Lilith the next morning, hanging around the house for several hours without even ringing the doorbell, as if waiting for the police to show up with her.

Meanwhile, I've had two "long-lost" Sims come home. Joseph Grimmson decided to move back in with his mother, since his identity was revealed at General Buzz's murder trial, but is now wondering if there's actually room for him, as Olive already has Buck Vandermorgan (Grunt) and is considering using her magic cat to bring in Rick and Lilith. But at least Rupert (Ripp) has left for college now - even though Buzz was given a dishonourable discharge and stripped of rank, the Powers that Be decided the boys should still be eligible for the Military Generations College Tuition Bursary, which covers their fees for two years at college.

Bella Goth is the other one who's come home, to Mortimer's great delight. She was there for Alexander's birthday, and has persuaded Cassandra to put off that black dress and wear something more cheerful. The only slight hitch was that she came back younger than Cassandra, so I've had to use "set to birthday" and she'll age up on the next rotation. I kind of hate doing that to her, but she really can't be younger than her own daughter!
Mad Poster
#2836 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I actually use the original house shells but change anything inside and outside mostly since like
The houseshells are good it is just the layout/exucution there is bad for maxis
So for fun I just spend time
Idk yet if I should upload the houses /w\/

That's what the contest was, to take the shells and make something better inside.

Forum Resident
#2837 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That's what the contest was, to take the shells and make something better inside.

Yeah but this is more a for fun projects really -w-'

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#2838 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:17 AM
Boo, I noticed today no less than two lots were missing from each sub hood inexplicably, some were community lots, some were owned businesses and a few were occupied family homes *corruption from years ago is catching up with me? Probably*. Well I restored hood from the back up I made two weeks ago and everything is there so...shrug for now, don't know if I did something to cause it or it just decided to bork up the last week or so.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Helptato
#2839 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:04 AM
Jupe graduated from college with honours, got married to a townie by the name of Vanessa with a big smustle party and had twins, both girls! Life is good for this family.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#2840 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM
Yay, love it when they're happy.

Alexa has not been happy. She had a pretty hard rotation. She had been happily jumping from man to man. She was waiting for a rich one to wander by when her country was invaded by Elsewhere. Okay, that meant she had to get a job. She could deal with that. She was a sports agent; it gave her access to a lot of wealthy men. She felt invincible, thought she could slide under the radar.

Then she won the baby lottery. Crap. That meant a spouse would be provided for her.

She crowed with delight when she was introduced to First Maccabees Smith. Her's an old man, she thought. I'll just be inseminated, pop this kid out, and leave it with him.

He began spending money like it was going out of style. Uh oh. She was worried she wouldn't have enough money to pay their taxes. Also, she didn't like being pregnant.

They missed tax season and Alaska Janackova was plucked from her children to live with them. Alexa ignored her just as she ignored First Maccabees.

Unfortunately, she lost the baby. She didn't care. She was still healthy, so she was inseminated again. She lost that baby as well. She's still okay, but is kind of hoping the Council will forget about the baby.

They wont', but she doesn't know that. She thinks she's home free. Now, she thinks how can I rid myself of the old man and the whiner?

Mad Poster
#2841 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
The minute I moved Flamenco and Nighat in, ACR kicked in and they ACR tried for baby. I heard baby chimes and checked the ACR pregnancy scanner. The pregnancy scanner showed one baby, so I used the Sim manipulator to make the pregnancy twins. Flamenco and Nighat both got jobs, and both rolled the want to go on vacation. They had an ok vacation on Twikki Island.

Not much happened during Nighat's pregnancy. Flamenco and Nighat skilled for their jobs, and I filled various wants for Benazir and Tariq. Benazir and Tariq are 3 days away from becoming elders, and since both are permaplat I imagine they will have quite a few days once they become elders.

I saved right as Nighat went into labor, which was a good thing because this time the game decided not to cooperate right away. It kept giving me twin boys, or boy/girl twins. It took many, many tries before the dang thing finally gave me girl/girl twins. These are the time when I wish there was a Sims 2 version of Master Controller that could force baby gender. Dina and Nina were finally born, although born in game Dina is not going to look like she does in Pleasanview out of the box. In this version of Pleasantview, she will have blonde hair and alien eyes. Looking at Nina's DNA in SimPE it looks like she will have red hair and green eyes.
Mad Poster
#2842 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
Yeah, I know I wouldn't have the patience to play the beginning neighborhoods the way they are meant to be played, though I really admire you for doing so. I think I'll just ignore the rules like I do with all the Eaxis premades.

"Well, isn't this just GREAT!", thought Jeff sarcastically, as he looked around at the green sky of his new home. Because of that stupid woman he is now in the prison hood for life. "I'm the head of all the businesses in the whole darn country, and I'm in prison, without, literally, a pot to pee in, and I'm still pregnant".

It all started with the baby lottery. Jeff didn't want a baby, but he thought it might be interesting. Depended upon whom his partner was going to be. Imagine his joy when the Council representative dropped off elder Tiffany Zarubin. Of course, this meant Jeff was the one being inseminated, and he was going to have to have the baby. Naturally, he hated Tiffany. He stalked off without a word and never exchanged so much as a grunt with her. Tiffany, on the other hand, had a yowza! moment when she met him. He is kind of cute.

She waited until she heard the door slam the next morning, and then she hotfooted it to the secret genie hiding area. She wasn't caught and was successful in her request to be made a witch. She then turned back the clock and became a young adult, thinking she might win Jeff's heart. She was kind of excited about her new status so she played with the cauldron awhile, and then tried a spell. The Council caught her. They exterminated her and exiled her husband to the prison hood. He wasn't even there when it happened, but the Council enforces its rules.

Helptato
#2843 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
Aaaand we have ANOTHER set of twins! So 4 adult Sims and 4 young Sims on the same lot to micromanage.....this is going to be chaos!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#2844 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM
Mark Broke (Unborn baby Broke) was so close to being the only Broke/Dreamer child so far to not be a teen/young adult parent... looking up at the planets, 4 days to becoming an adult and bam. Sucked up by a UFO. Pregnant. I used the pregnancy scanner, he's pregnant from a red headed alien this is the third time (in a row) this alien has abducted my sims! He's giving the baby up for adoption to his step-brother's sister-in-law, whom just gave birth to an alien herself (the half-sibling of his unborn baby). I was really hoping being gay would've prevented unexpected babies, but apparently not.

Brandi loves her grandchildren, although she really wishes her children would wait a little longer to have babies. Still, she's quite upset that this baby is going up for adoption.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2845 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Yeah but this is more a for fun projects really -w-'

Then you just enjoy.

Field Researcher
#2846 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM
So I've been playing Pleasantview for a couple of rotations, and I added Bluewater village after the second rotation. I let all the scripted events play out, so Cassie got left at the altar by Don, Daniel was caught cheating with Kaylinn and got kicked out by Mary-Sue.

Daniel took Lilith and moved into a small house. He had to take a loan to afford it, so they are very broke. Lilith had bad luck (or didn't pay enough attention to birth control), but she had a child at 16. She considers leaving him with her grandparents, because Daniel isn't really a good Grandpa or father to have around, and she really wants to go to college.
Daniel has been dating Nina (among others, they are in no way commited) and they also had an Oops-baby when they woohood on a public sofa, right in front of the sales clerk.

Angela and Mary-Sue are very boring. Mary-Sue keeps bootycalling Daniel, but also wants to marry rich. Angela wants to go to college. Angela might have fallen in love with Melody Tinker on the Tinker's rotation, but Melody is also mad at her. I don't really know what happened there.

Nina is living alone with the baby.

The dreamers are also boring. Darren paints and bootycalls Cassie, but he doesn't roll wants to marry her. Dirk is still together with Lilith, but he is so busy with his job that he can hardly finish his homework, let alone have free time for anything.

The Brokes are happy. Brandi had a daughter. Now she wants to get married again, but not have more kids. Dustin still works as a criminal, and he is really sweet towards his siblings. Beau loves to dance. Brandi took a job at J'adore bakery, but now they have to figure out who takes care of little Cheyenne when she is at work. They took turns and asked Nina for help once, but this can't really go on.

Dina decided to speed things up and get pregnant, so Mortimer had to marry her. It took her a couple of tries, but she did manage to get pregnant. Only Mortimer didn't show much inclination to get married anyways. He did treat her very lovingly when they met, so she asked him for an engagement and he agreed. They got married at Cassies wedding arch, and had a baby a couple of hours later. They are horrible parents and keep forgetting her. Cassie moved out.

Don has been dating around. He dates Nina (and she's his one sim), but he also can't forget Kaylinn and dates other women too. Kaylinn caught him and Nina and was furious at both. She also caught Daniel and Nina. She moved into the small house in the woods and keeps working as a maid, until she finds someone to marry. She fell out of love with both Daniel and Don, but keeps rolling wants to talk to them, then she invites them and then kisses and woohoos with them. This actually happened more than once, she falls back in love, catchtes them with someone else (usually Nina), gets furious and falls out of love, and rolls wants to talk to them. She was back in love with Don, and dating a Townie who would probably treat her better, and then she met Stephen Tinker.

His wife was very pregnant and basically sleeping all day, so when he started chatting with Kaylinn, he was only looking for a new friend. They had 3 bolts, which led to flirting, which led to kissing. Unfortunately, Wanda came outside just as they were kissing, and was so mad she kicked Stephen out immediately after giving birth. Melody is also mad at her father.

After that, Kaylinn remembered her last date with Don and invited him Downtown. He didn't have anything better to do, so he went. They woohood in a club's hottub a couple of times. The next morning, Don wanted to woohoo a 5th sim and a date, so he called Bella Goth. They were outside his front door kissing, when Kaylinn walked past. She got furious at Don again. Don was afraid to fall out of love with her, but decided to woohoo Bella first and worry about Kaylinn later. Don is still in love with Kaylinn, so he kept calling her. She refused to come over every time. When they talked on the phone, they talked about babies, so I decided to teleport her in and make her pregnant. Only, it turned out ACR had had the same idea

I'm not sure what Kaylinn will do when her rotation comes up. She wanted to marry Don last time I checked (on the date), but now she's furious, probably not in love and also Don won't get married. Should she ask Stephen to move in? They only shared some sweet kisses, I don't think they even made out, let alone woohoo. They are both family sims, in love and have 3 bolts.I'm actually surprised she didn't turn Don away, but I think Kaylinn just can't say no to anyone. Of course Kaylinn is just 18 (or maybe 19), and he already has a teenage daughter....
Instructor
#2847 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM
Elgin - Round 5

This week was so far, is the worst of Fiona Ferguson's life. She has food poisoning, which makes her constantly vomit, plus on top of that, she's pregnant with her second child, which makes her vomit even more. She vomited at least 70 times (I'm not kidding) this round. Elgin doesn't have a doctor, so Fiona will just have to wait out her sickness. On the flip side, the town's bank that she owns is doing well. It's generating income and received the Best of the Best Award.

The oldest daughter of Elgin's mayor, Sineag Nevin, just gave birth to her third child, Siomon. This should be a happy time for her, but it isn't. Sineag is having a hard time paying bills. Last round, she took out an $12,000 loan to buy a house, instead of moving into a 1-br apartment with her children. With a week passed, she's already $2,000 behind in payments. Hopefully, her next paycheck will be enough to pay it off. If not, a visit from the Repoman is warranted. Things would be so much easier financially, if she was receiving child support from her boyfriend. But, he doesn't have a job (or seems to want one), so he can't help.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Field Researcher
#2848 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:21 PM Last edited by kidhedera : 7th Feb 2018 at 11:39 PM.
I'm on my first rotation of Pleasantview (playing in Phaenoh's awesome Pleasantly Thriving neighborhood) and I've played Don (moved him into some apartments where Bella Goth happened to move in as his neighbor!), the Oldies, the Burbs, the Brokes and now I'm playing the Caliente sisters.

Dina invited Mortimer over to do a little flirting and maybe something extra and he asked if he could bring his 'friend' with him. His friend turned out to be BELLA. So now I'm thinking I'll pause the Caliente sisters, go to the Goth's and 'reunite' Mortimer and Bella before going back to the Caliente's.

Poor Dina, she'll need to find someone else to have a baby with. (Thats her currently locked want).

Edit: Mortimer is GETTING SOME. He and Bella got back together, and then ACR went to work - Mortimer slept with Bella, then I switched households and he slept with Nina AND Dina, one after the other, the latter happening while Bella was IN THE ROOM. Bella didn't seem to care though? Even though they are married?
Field Researcher
#2849 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:19 AM
Charlotte and Luke McKellar just recently graduated college and are starting their new lives together. Charlotte got pregnant almost right away -- twins! She had the babies just as the sun came up one morning, and immediately headed off to work, with Luke staying home to look after them. I was hoping for boy/girl twins so i could named them Charlie and Lucia but I got two boys instead. Charlie and Lukas it is.

Anyway, the funny bit was that in the evening, after Charlotte had gotten home from work, both her parents came over together and rang the doorbell. How sweet! I thought. They came to visit the babies.

But they didn't even go into the house. After Charlotte greeted them they immediately walked around back and hopped into the hot tub to Woohoo.

I guess family love only goes so far -- or only in certain directions.
Field Researcher
#2850 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:59 AM
The Pleasant family just had the most unfortunate day. Daniel got fired from his job. Mary-Sue got demoted. Lillith got a D report card. Angela got fired from her part time job. The twins got into 3 fights and Dustin came over but rejected Angela's flirts. (He seemed more keen on getting her dad's approval) Also the maid never showed, so Lillith had to wash dishes. She was not keen on that.

Daniel decided (unilaterally without consulting his wife) to give up on playing Sportsball and get a $100,000 loan and open a sports bar. Then the sports bar had a terrible night. Hardly any patrons showed up. (Daniel knows nothing about running a business, and this is my first go at it too, so I'm not much help).

Then the lot glitched (but I saved it, yay!).
Page 114 of 350