Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 12:29 AM
Default Garden and business fixes
WCIF these hacks:

* Gardeners don't water seasons plants
- more often than not, I have sprinklers. So the gardeners are always wasting their time watering plants instead of tending them. They seem to always water them whether or not it's needed.

* Plants disappear right away instead of 30-60 (real) seconds afterwards
- when you compost or harvest seasons plants, the plants don't disappear right away, often causing sims directed to "harvest many" to go back and forward aimlessly until the plant they just harvested is gone, before they move on to the next.

* Businesses start closed
- instead of the default starting open. Sometimes you need to prepare first without some angry customer immediately barging in and complaining about everything when they weren't asked to come here.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
* Plants disappear right away instead of 30-60 (real) seconds afterwards
- when you compost or harvest seasons plants, the plants don't disappear right away, often causing sims directed to "harvest many" to go back and forward aimlessly until the plant they just harvested is gone, before they move on to the next.
Cyjon's Harvest Fix should take care of that:
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Fixes an AL-introduced bug which causes crops to hang around as long as an hour after harvest.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:21 AM
If you close the business before you leave then it will be closed when you next visit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:48 AM
The business runs you sign has an open/close toggle so your sim doesn't have to walk to the sign. I think it's in the OFB link. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Cyjon's Harvest Fix should take care of that:

Thank you, perfect!
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
If you close the business before you leave then it will be closed when you next visit.

I meant when you first start a business. I always shut down the business at level 10 and then restart to continue gaining perks. But on second thought I guess I could just moveobjects-sell the customers who come in before I've had a chance to close after starting it. ^^
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The business runs you sign has an open/close toggle so your sim doesn't have to walk to the sign. I think it's in the OFB link. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

Thanks, I guess it's time to try businessrunsyou again I downloaded it when I had a problem with customers queuing, which was solved by a chris hatch mod, but I read that the MATY mod does that too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 10:59 PM
I am not talking about the whole mod, just the sign.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~