Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:43 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:48 AM.
Default A mod that stops robots breaking so often(solved)
I saw this just the other day but now I can't find it and don't you know I can't find it in my new download area either. Does anyone know I can find it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 12:51 AM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:01 AM
Old post:

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I found three that make robots break less often. If there's one that makes them completely unbreakable, I couldn't find it (Google gets more useless every day )

1. Crammyboy's "Robots Break Less"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3738.0.html

2. Jfade's "Less Robot Breakage" (about halfway down the page)
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?cat...ubcat=2&skip=10

3. Cyjon's "Less Hydrobot Breakage" (only affects hydrobots)
http://www.cyjon.net/node/81

Further down the page is a post that says Crammyboy and Jfade's mods work together.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:05 AM
I thought it was a new posting, but hey those will do. Thanks.

It's ridiculous how fast and terrible a clean bot breakage is, which is why I never use them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 2:03 AM
It was funny the first time. Not so much when it immediately broke down again after a repair.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 2:58 AM
Paladin made his own unbreakable and more efficient versions of the security bot, snack bot and clean bot that are available on Bulbasaur's file share. The Sani Bot 5000 flies and uses a disintegrator ray to zap things the Maxis crawler/hoover versions can't reach, such as empty food dishes on tables. Note that you can have only ONE of these per lot. It's found under Electronics > Misc. for $1777. (This is a separate item and NOT a default replacement for the Maxis 'bots.)

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15694/

His other two are Cantina Bot (improved version of the Maxis Munchie-bot, brings wider/better variety of foods, $2333) and Programmable Attack Robot (improved version of the Maxis Sentry/Security robot with more features, $3333). You can only have ONE of each of these per lot.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:07 AM
The Sani-Bot 5000 also works on unowned community lots, although a Sim needs to turn it on first. I placed one at SkEYE Corp Laboratories in Emerald Heights, along with SimWardrobe's food replicator (in-story, they're both prototypes).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:58 AM
Do you all use those? I saw them years ago but never downloaded them. The only issue is, sims can't make them. What happens with more than one?

I will grab them though, thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 4:06 AM
I've not actually tested it, but since a Sim has to click on the pad to spawn the bot, I would guess that it would just fail.

Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 4:56 AM
I thought Cyjon had fixes for ALL the bots... I use a stinking CleanBot at Dante's. It still breaks down, but less than it did. My SentryBot almost never breaks down anymore, which is a huge relief. I haven't even turned on the stupid hydrobot in an age!! I might've even sold it off my lot. Can't remember. But i know Cyjon had a bot fix. Just not sure if he fixed them all, or if I installed them all...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 5:10 AM
Cyjon's mod was linked to in post #2. It only deals with hydrobots.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 5:35 AM
I checked the readme and Paladin never said why you can only have one at a time or what would happen if you try to have more than that. You can have one of each type though (1 Sani-Bot, 1 Cantina Bot, 1 Attack Robot).

Here's the readme while I've got it open:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:33 AM
Removes roaches- very useful.

~Call me Jo~