Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM
Default Walls under the stairs
Is there any way to remove those walls that comes under the stair steps when building a house?

I would like to have a stairs which only has steps, they will look better that way.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just delete them with the wall tool.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
Use the hammer tool to delete/destroy them...
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cloudburst
I'm pretty sure you can just delete them with the wall tool.

Yep, wall tool works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:08 PM
Thanks, it works. I used the hammer and managed to remove the walls.
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
I think that EA put them in there - you want normal staircases leave them up - delete them with the hammer if you want modular stairs
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:13 PM
What about the oposite? Is there a way to make them if the walls don't show up?
Alchemist
#8 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:51 PM
just use the wall tool and delete them, like you do a regular wall. Or you can use the hammer tool.

and no i don't theres a way to reverse it unfortunately, you can't try and put walls there using the wall tool, that i know of anyway. And from my experience it always comes with the walls underneath unless it's outside. Thats how it works in my game anyway.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darim
What about the oposite? Is there a way to make them if the walls don't show up?

you have to build a small room around where you want the stairs to be (like, 5x3 room) the place the stairs, then you'll have the walls under the stairs. This is generally for stairs outside, 'cause stairs inside are already in a room, therefore, It's put there already. It is pretty annoying though.