Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 9:41 PM
Default What do you do with all the treasure you find in WA?
I must admit that I haven't done much dungeon diving yet with WA, but I did a little with one sim. Some of the things she found were really neat and I enjoyed displaying them in her home. Then she found a fossilized lettuce! What am I suppose to do with this? ^^ I know there are other fossilized food you can find, but I can't imagine displaying a stone lettuce in my sim's house. Plus I can't imagine having room to fit all of the things my sim could find if I took her on a lot of adventures.

What do all of you do with your WA treasures?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 10:00 PM
I sell all junky mess. I display only collection things and gems of course :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 12:24 AM
Stone lettuce and broken bowls. I keep one or two objects that fit the sims's house and sell off everything else. Not much to do with them.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 1:17 AM
You can transmute them on the large display case, though relics don't give very valuable outcomes.

I sell off common relics, and put the ones from collections on display cases in rooms Sims use a lot... a complete collection gives a nice mood boost. (Good to have a few common relics around though, since there are several home-town opportunities that require them.)

You can make massive amounts of money transmuting cut gems and smelted metals... go on a collecting trip once in a while and your sims will never have to work again :/ There's transmuting info on the MTS wiki, and in the long "large display case" thread in this forum.

If you actually like to collect items in your house (to have one of everything, for instance)... well, it's no coincidence that WA came with a basement tool My more hardcore adventuring sims have massive underground museums and wine cellars.

And finally, there are three new chests available (one from each destination, or you can buy em with buydebug) which will hold items you want to keep without cluttering up inventory or house space. Not sure how many objects they hold, but I haven't encountered a limit, may be infinite.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
And finally, there are three new chests available (one from each destination, or you can buy em with buydebug) which will hold items you want to keep without cluttering up inventory or house space. Not sure how many objects they hold, but I haven't encountered a limit, may be infinite.

I don't think they have a limit. If you've noticed, on the storage items that have limits, wine racks and the aquarium, when you are looking at what is in them in one of the corners of the pop up it gives a fraction showing how many items are in there over the total capacity of the storage unit.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 2:38 AM
I sell off almost everything. Depending on my Sim and their style or house, I keep one or two collections ... like if they have an Asian house, I'd keep the jade animals and maybe the vase collection. An Egyptian house would have the canopic jars and maybe even a sarcophagus. I also keep a couple of the tomb figures for the garden or entrance, and a shelf or table with gems (usually make a complete collection of crystal ball cuts or plumbobs)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 5:18 AM
Money comes easily but treasures must be found, so up until recently I kept absolutely everything my sims collected!

But my households kept on getting buggy so now I've started to sell all broken pottery and fossilized fruit. I'm trying to reduce the number of gems by transmogrifying them into larger gems. And I keep lots of stuff in chests. All my sims are hoarders!
Banned
#8 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 7:41 AM
I have the Hidden Treasures house for El Simhara http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=393606 which I have modified fairly heavily. This appears to be, perhaps, the only home, designed for adventuring sims. I am surprised we have not seen more like it. One of my sims has the lifetime wish of having a personal museum. This house is perfect for it.

Most of the relics just seem to be trash. As I understand it, you cannot even use them to get good alchemical transmutations. (Correct me if I am wrong, please.) So they just get sold off pretty quickly. (BTW, I am still trying to master the transformation to get Tiberium -- not having much luck -- getting either gnomes or sarcophogas bits.) But the good stuff goes into my museum house. I actually have an apartment in one of the sub-basements, so as the house fills up with stuff, the sims will be moved into the underground hide away.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 1:15 PM
Yep, treasure chests, basements and sub-basements are a must if you want to save everything (and a good income, since the bills are really high -- or you can get "no bills ever" on Lifetime Rewards) -- there are now some new empty bookcases in the d'load section that are a HUGE help for keeping/displaying the smaller stuff like cut gems -- I did have one Sim family that started a mini-museum in the house but it got a bit cluttered once they had a baby, so most of the stuff went into "storage".

@tjstreak -- the secret to getting tiberium is the sum amount of the relics you use on the display case -- I don't know if it's okay to put the actual number here, but if you check this Wiki -- http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Transfiguration -- it has the amount -- you need to be above the threshold amount for a gnome and under the amount for tiberium when counting up the price of all the items placed on the display.
Banned
#10 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
@tjstreak -- the secret to getting tiberium is the sum amount of the relics you use on the display case -- I don't know if it's okay to put the actual number here, but if you check this Wiki -- http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Transfiguration -- it has the amount -- you need to be above the threshold amount for a gnome and under the amount for tiberium when counting up the price of all the items placed on the display.

Actually, the info in the Wiki seems to be only partially correct. I have found that when I just use relics, it works as stated in the Wiki. But if I start adding other stuff, it does not. For example, I would put in a bar of supernovium (at about 7,000 Simoleons) then fill the rest of the slots with cheap relics. I would get a sarcophogus piece or a dive well.

Or I would use an expensive cut gem or two to get me over the 5000 Simoleon threshhold, and then fill the remaining slots with relics. Again, no tiberium. I was hoping this would work, because I can make supernovium relatively cheap - four slots of copper, one each of iron, gold, silver and either mercury or platinum. Things like paladium, plutionium and titanium are to valuable to use in this way. And I use the least expensive ingots of mercury, platinum and gold.) It would have been a great way of leveraging the metals collected.

The only thing that worked was a one or two expensive relics, filling the rest of the slots with the cheapter relics. (I would even buy some of the expensive relics from the relic dealer) This would yield a small tiberium spire worth around 6000 simoleons. However, if you stick it in your personal inventory until you get sick, then on a display rack, it will grow to one of the large spires (at a value of upwards to 40,000 simoleons).

So the answer to the question would appear to be: use all of those relics to make tiberium. In fact, this may easily beat splitting boards as a means of getting tiberium. For me, splitting boards only yields a piece of tiberium every other day on the average.

Now keep in mind that I use a teleporter to get around places where I have vacation homes. (Keep in mind that teleporters are not point to point, but teleporter to and from any point in the game.) So I teleport to a half dozen or more dig sites in a day. Evenutally, you learn where the good dig sites are located.

I have been experimenting because I desired to have a millionaire sim without using cheats like motherlode or kaching or freerealestate.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:58 PM
I've made a community lot Museum, or rather I'm making one. I've got the basic plan down and am revising it to make it better. My Sims donate their best items to the museum and keep a few duplicates around the house. I often put Zodiac Animals on top of the dishwasher. My overstuffed sims seem to enjoy putting the meal on top of the dishwasher. The first one to eat, puts their dish in the dishwasher then stands there for ages so nobody else can 'Grab A Plate'.

I'm looking for some specialized displays. I'd love the shelf used for the Canopic jars decorative object (http://forums.thesims.com/En_US/dis...ng-for-an-item). The one pictured is a decorative item, but if somebody turned it into an empty shelf they could be stored on, that would be great. It would work for common relics as well since there are five versions (gold, copper, red pottery, brown pottery and stone) and putting them on a long shelf they are lopsided. I'm also looking for a shelf large enough to hold all the tomb markers. I'll probably end up using 'moveObjects on' to overlap displays so they have the right amount of display space.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 1:14 AM
This thread died 7 years ago!
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This thread died 7 years ago!

It's not dead if people can still read it. Who know, maybe it will liven up.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:57 PM
I only keep gems and the specific collection stuff. I sell all the "generic" relics.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:46 PM
Hoard it all in a basement. You know for sentimental value.
Scholar
#16 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 9:08 PM
if i bothered with WA i'd sell it all

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:00 AM
In the one 10 generation legacy I finished, I had all the collections/named relics that weren't duplicates on display, and a ton of skull cut gems. It helped that gen 7 married a disciplined sim who liked breaking space rocks on the board breaker.

In more recent games, I still don't really sell the stuff much, but stuff it all in chests or the alchemy cabinet. My sims are pretty much hoarders. "I might need that someday..."
Site Helper
#18 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 2:22 PM
I sort it into chests, along with prizes from the claw machine, alchemy supplies, seeds, etc.

The nice stuff goes on display. (Dropa Stones are nice for lining walkways...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#19 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:15 AM
One of my sims is based on the collector from Pokémon 2000 and I take full advantage of the space in the gallery I always build for him.