Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGkittie
I LOVE This! i will definitely try It, but I don't have The walker or The playpen so what am I supposed to do about the toddler sleeping in the Junkyard, are they supposed to sleep on the floor?

You could edit town and just put an old looking crib in the junk yard.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:34 PM
I tried this challenge, but instead of rolling each day i rolled just on wednesdays:

This is my main sim, Henry Hammilton, his traits were nurturing, family oriented, Absent Minded, cat person and Savy Sculptor. His LTW is master mixologist.

Next is the teen, Federico Hammilton, he has a face that only a mother would love if she was not a Mean Spirited Snobbish Ludite Abusive Diva... his traits are Computer Wiz, athletic, diciplined and brave.

Finally the kids, the girl is Anne Hammilton, with traits in Good sense of humor, excitable and slob, and the little one is Rudolph Hammilton that loves the outdoors and friendly.

For this challenge i turned that Junkyard from twinbrook into a buyable house, by doing this i managed to bypass that nasty curfew that may sent younger sims back to her home at night. Most of income come from junk, selling rodents and dumpster diving, also bought sweetgrass as substitute for diapers adding it to foods each time i have to change diapers, cooking was made by just adding a stove and a counter to the new junkyard home.

Instead of a guitar i bought the grafitty stuff for the boy, I tried to get a footbag for the little girl but she could not use it so had to switch to the old football instead, and for skill book i bought alchemy instead of cooking because cooking would be easier to increase in the second round by cooking twice daily.

About laptops, they were texturized to look like if they had been stomped featuring a footprint on the cover and craigs in the keyboard.

Getting money by dumpster diving was easy...

but wednesday came and I rolled a 16, since my toddler was a guy i changed it to the girl winning a beauty pageant contest,
Still i got stuck at the firestation, unlike the junkyard i just could not find a way to bypass the curfews and children kept going to the junkyard to sleep. So i'm thinking in ditching the challenge because of this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#103 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slave_zombie_student
but wednesday came and I rolled a 16, since my toddler was a guy i changed it to the girl winning a beauty pageant contest,
Still i got stuck at the firestation, unlike the junkyard i just could not find a way to bypass the curfews and children kept going to the junkyard to sleep. So i'm thinking in ditching the challenge because of this.

Don't give up! There is always an answer. The curfew is very annoying but there are mods that will remove it. Here are a few:

NRaas Story Progression: You will need the base mod and extras I believe. Check out their forum here which discusses how to remove the curfew with this mod.

Modthesims Curfew Disabler: An alternative to NRaas is here.

To be honest, when I play tested the challenge I did not remove the curfew. I found as long as I had the kids in bed before curfew, there was not a problem. If someone did go back to the home lot, sometimes I'd just let them and bring them back in the morning. But the curfew can be lifted with mods.
Test Subject
#104 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 1:33 AM
Hi Misty! I just found this challenge and started it. I have a blog that I created to chronicle my challenge. I am having a blast! It can be found here if anyone wants to check it out. http://ts3escape.blogspot.com/
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AudreyFld
Hi Misty! I just found this challenge and started it. I have a blog that I created to chronicle my challenge. I am having a blast! It can be found here if anyone wants to check it out. http://ts3escape.blogspot.com/

I started reading.
Test Subject
#106 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:14 PM Last edited by AudreyFld : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:15 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Letitgo! That is too funny. Yep - she got assigned as his tutor and it was all over....I hope you are enjoying. I am having fun with it.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:52 AM
Love this challenge, just three days on the junkyard and it's hard. I combined it with my perfect gen challenge (6th generation)

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
#108 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:01 PM
Hello :D
Nobody has posted anything here for almost a year! I think this challenge is sooo awesome, thank you Misty for creating this I recently started this challenge myself and I'm doing a Let's Play series of it on my YouTube channel. I just want to make this challenge more common because it's so great but not very popular. Can I give a link to my video here? :D
Page 5 of 5