Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 12:04 AM
Default Mods Not Working Anymore
Hello, all of a sudden my career mods are not showing up in my sims 3 game? I've tried everything to get it to work. The lists shows up when opening, but once I'm in the game none of the career mods are there. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 4:29 AM
That sounds like something I've had happen when Mods break and it just means downloading or installing a new copy of the file as the one in use is likely broken.It can be a broken framework and that's harder to fix as you'd need to get a new TS3 folder or one without any Mods to use for testing a new framework out to make sure it's not broken.I'd just relocate the other folder safely as it might still be good to use.
It could also be that the NRaas Mods might be needing an update which is a major job for me as I have to replace 113 files each time I update those.You might need NRaas careers if you don't have it and it's best ot get most of the NRaas Mod collection as it fixes a lot of game issues.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:41 AM Last edited by igazor : 11th Dec 2017 at 6:29 AM.
(sighs) Oh Tad, whatever are we going to do with frequent givers of such advice.

Yes, the entire TS3 user game folder in Documents can become compromised and need to be rebuilt. Yes, downloads can be "bad" to begin with, not ever work, and need replacement. But no, if patching is not an issue then mod files that once worked properly do not "break" all by themselves unless a rogue anti-virus system or something has attacked them. The files actually never change with regular usage, they are only read from when the game loads up.

For the OP -- what mods exactly are we talking about here? Just about all of the custom career mods for TS3 require the NRaas Careers base mod as a loader, do you have the most recent version in play? And where in-game are you looking for the careers to show up? Custom careers themselves, if these are what you meant, don't tend to show up on the pop-up list when the game starts up as they are usually tuning files and not script mods, but there could be exceptions. That list is never complete over a certain point anyway.