Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:48 AM
Default Help! My sims won't breed!
I've been reading about other people's sims breeding like rabbits. Getting mine to get married is like pulling teeth. I have Nraas StoryProgression, is there a specific tweek I can use? Any other suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:58 AM
Unless they have traits that make it difficult, most of my sims get together pretty darn fast.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:14 AM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:57 AM.
Questions like this are really better asked at NRaas. It is in part what we are there for. There could be multiple factors in play. But "getting together" is easy. Staying together and/or actually getting married, not always so.

The first thing to look at would be, on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Romance > Marriage Liking Gate > (default is 75). That may be too high for your worlds, you might try turning it down a bit. The Liking Gate default for partnering up, on the same menu, is only 40.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
I've been reading about other people's sims breeding like rabbits. Getting mine to get married is like pulling teeth. I have Nraas StoryProgression, is there a specific tweek I can use? Any other suggestions?

Matching zodiac signs - 30 points
random number - 100 points.
Each visible skill point - 1 point
Matching traits - 30 points (IIRC)
You can tune it... or use Fentonparkninja's mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102

Edit: NRAAS Story Progression can limit who your sims gets romantic with. Check to see if each person is of a compatible caste; for example, I think it has same sex disabled by default, but EA progression doesn't. Do you have NRAAS woohooer as well?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:02 PM
There are no blocks on same gender attraction, romance, or marriage by default in NRaas SP, only on same gender couples producing babies with each other (just as in a modless game, but with SP and Woohooer that can be adjusted as well). Making inactive sims more attractive to each other may help, yes. But it isn't necessarily going to lead them to want to marry if they don't "like" each other enough yet which is why I suggested starting with the Marriage Liking Gate setting.

Attraction, Romance (generally), Baby Making, and Marriage are four very different things with only some overlap.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 6:17 AM
I do have Woohooer; I was hoping it would make hooking sims up easier. Any good tweeks for that?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 4:35 AM
I've often ended up just playing my towns rotationally like TS2 and set story progression up to function like the one in TS2 which is mostly manually done with the rotational play.I just direct my sims to do anything like that myself as I never wanted inactived breeding if they can't be bothered to use common sense and breed only if they can take care of a baby.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
I do have Woohooer; I was hoping it would make hooking sims up easier. Any good tweeks for that?

Using NRAAS woohooer, you can lower the liking gate some something impossibly low, and the probability of conception to some absurdly high number. It's very flexible. I, of course, being a pure soul, never played with it... or tuned it using Woohooer scoring...

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM
That is correct, the base chances of sims being interested in Romance, Woohoo, and TryForBaby are all adjustable within Woohooer. With or without the Purity of Soul thing.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Questions like this are really better asked at NRaas. It is in part what we are there for. There could be multiple factors in play.