Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:09 PM
Default Getting Rid of Unwanted CC that came packed on Sims. I'm Using CCMagic
Hello again.
Having great success with using CCMagic, but even though I told myself I wouldn't do this, I downloaded sims from TSR to alleviate some of my creation time and throw other people's genetics in my game to mix it up some. Naturally, it was a huge mistake because not only did I strongly dislike how the dl'd sims looked in the game, they came packed with just awful clothes, stupid eyes, and of course makeup that sucks.

I actually used CCMagic to install these sims, but cannot figure out how to get rid of the content that was automatically installed in my game. As all my sims3packs and .package files are neatly organized into like a few dozen categories, those packed items wouldn't automatically categorize themselves and I don't know where they would be. Anyone know how to determine this and allow me to get rid of these content fails?

Btw, the one sim I did keep that came with her nearly-all-custom-gaudy-outfits will now be forced to become a lowly service girl, forbidden beautiful clothes and items and doomed to an unhappy quasi-existence as vengeance upon it's creator who just had to share all the poorly modded, no-sense-of-shading, photopasted crap instead of simply packing up a nice .sim file. When will I learn to not trust these modders and not dl these things?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:49 AM
I never download sims through cc magic, but I do use it for everything else. This is how I delete bad cc through it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Finding...97a209961896f3c
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:33 PM
Also if you want to avoid having the stuff get installed in the first place, you can use custard http://modthesims.info/d/390235 to clean off the gunk before install
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Also if you want to avoid having the stuff get installed in the first place, you can use custard http://modthesims.info/d/390235 to clean off the gunk before install

That only works if the CC inside the sims3pack is in a format it can detect, as often as not all you get inside the sims3pack is a large .sim file.

When you use "share sim" in CaS, any CC used that comes in .package format, get's copied and written directly into the .sim file, which makes getting rid of the CC a major PITFA if you want to keep the sim.
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bejaymac
That only works if the CC inside the sims3pack is in a format it can detect, as often as not all you get inside the sims3pack is a large .sim file.

When you use "share sim" in CaS, any CC used that comes in .package format, get's copied and written directly into the .sim file, which makes getting rid of the CC a major PITFA if you want to keep the sim.

Huh- good to know. I'm a lot more picky about what I install these days so I don't get many pre-made sims lately, but this will definitely make me even more careful.
Wish there was a .sim file cleaner.
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
I suppose in a way there could be.
Rename your User Files. Run the game to generate a new set. Put that set in a safe place and go back to your old files.

Now when you are installing sims (or lots, since they can also come with CC) rename your User Files again, and install into the clean set you stashed away.
Run the game, find the only CC in there (which will be the stuff you just installed) and see what it looks like.

If there is anything attached that should not be there, Edit the sim/lot and swap it out for something by EA. Then share again and install your new package instead of the old one.

if everything is good, remove it from your clean folder and install it into your real game as is.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:44 PM
Doesn't help if the .sim has any of the bad cc listed on Crinrict's site, most of that stuff get's attached to the sim without the sim actually wearing it.

There is a sort of brutal way of getting rid of the cc, including the bad cc, and that is to use s3pe, open the .sim file in it, find and delete every line with a CASP tag, and then save the file.

Skin and sliders will be unaffected, and when you load the sim in CaS it will appear in generic base game content and hair, all you need to do is set it up to look how you want then save it to the sim bin, you can then delete the .sim you butchered with s3pe.
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I suppose in a way there could be.
Rename your User Files. Run the game to generate a new set. Put that set in a safe place and go back to your old files.

Now when you are installing sims (or lots, since they can also come with CC) rename your User Files again, and install into the clean set you stashed away.
Run the game, find the only CC in there (which will be the stuff you just installed) and see what it looks like.

If there is anything attached that should not be there, Edit the sim/lot and swap it out for something by EA. Then share again and install your new package instead of the old one.

if everything is good, remove it from your clean folder and install it into your real game as is.

I am not ashamed to admit I'm far too lazy to go this hard over CC lol. I don't think CC has been made that I would put this much effort into That is however, a good last resort method that I'll keep in mind.