Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 12:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Fairy's Can't use the Bloom Interaction!
Hello, I've had this problem for a while, The bloom Interaction is completely missing for my fairy sims, I 've removed virtually every mod in my game related to sims and their interactions, but the problem persists, Is this a Mod conflict or an outdated mod, most of the mods I have are from Either TNSA (The Naughty Sims Asylum), and from the NRASS site.

If anybody has had a similer problem, could you please help or let me know about this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 9:06 PM
The easiest answer to that question would be to temporarily remove all your CC, clear the caches, and then see if it works.

It doesn't need to be a mod affecting interactions that is causing the problem. There was a bug where having a Special seed would prevent your sim from fishing. You never know what might be interrelated.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 8:52 AM
Fairy blooms require Level 5 or higher of the hidden Fairy Magic skill. You could check with MasterController Cheats to see if any of your fairies have reached this level, maybe?

But also sometimes this means that the plants are stuck in their current phase and nothing will move them forward. Usually Overwatch works to prevent this. But you could try using DebugEnabler to advance their stage and see if that unsticks things.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Fairy blooms require Level 5 or higher of the hidden Fairy Magic skill. You could check with MasterController Cheats to see if any of your fairies have reached this level, maybe?

But also sometimes this means that the plants are stuck in their current phase and nothing will move them forward. Usually Overwatch works to prevent this. But you could try using DebugEnabler to advance their stage and see if that unsticks things.

I actually reinstalled Overwatch and Errortrap to see if this fixes this, but the bloom interaction is still missing, so I beleive that some recent updated testing versions were to blame for this.
Site Helper
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 8:26 PM
Ok. If you can confirm that they are responsible, it would be handy to report that so it can be fixed.

It's not terribly hard to get a fairy to level 5 skill even without Master Controller. Buy a fairy house, have your fairy start up a fairy aura, then go sleep in the house. That restores the magic faster than the aura uses it up, so the fairy can keep the aura running non-stop until they pop back out. Take a quick shower or something, then put the fairy back in the fairy house with the aura still up. (or a different one, if you prefer.) You should be at a level to cast Bloom within a day or two. This will allow you to test only the mod you are suspicious of. (If you can fairy trap a sofa, you should have Bloom available.)

Remove all CC but the one you think is the problem, clear caches, and start a new game with a fairy. Buy a cheap sofa or loveseat to be sure you have gotten to level 5. (It takes level 6 to fairy trap it. If you're at 6 you're past level 5.) Plant something, put the fairy with the fairy aura into a fairy house, then wait until the skill is high enough to try Bloom. If it isn't there, you've confirmed the problem with that mod. Report it. If it is there, the problem is with something else.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:40 PM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:54 PM.
As a constant alpha and beta tester of both mods, I think I might have noticed by now that one of them was breaking fairy blooms or plant phases. ErrorTrap would be less likely as we haven't had a new version to test since a year ago, Overwatch seems like a more of a possibility. But yes, Ghost's method does sound like a good one to rule this out or not and especially to see if the issue persists in a new game and/or with new plants.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Auronoi : 14th Feb 2017 at 4:10 AM.
Sorry for the late reply. I recently replaced the testing version of Master Controller with the Non-Testing Versions, and Hybrid as well to see if that fixes this, I'll post again to let you know how it works.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:13 AM
It looks like it is either the testing versions for either Mastercontroller, or hybrid. Will post more info on which one it is that interferes with the Fairy Bloom (I confirmed this just went back in game and the Bloom Interaction was once again there).
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Auronoi
It looks like it is either the testing versions for either Mastercontroller, or hybrid. Will post more info on which one it is that interferes with the Fairy Bloom (I confirmed this just went back in game and the Bloom Interaction was once again there).

It's Hybrid. I had the same problem. When I took my "Twallan" file out of game, bloom came back. I put them back in one at a time and when I put Hybrid back, bloom disappeared again. I replaced it with v8 and it's back again.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by igazor : 19th Feb 2018 at 7:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anmirla
It's Hybrid. I had the same problem. When I took my "Twallan" file out of game, bloom came back. I put them back in one at a time and when I put Hybrid back, bloom disappeared again. I replaced it with v8 and it's back again.

Yes it is, our developer confirmed that recently; forgot about this thread since it was from last year. There will be a fix for it in a future version.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes it is, our developer confirmed that recently; forgot about this thread since it was from last year. There will be a fix for it in a future version.

Thank you. I was frantically searching for a solution to this problem and found this thread, but no one came back with an answer.
I just had to replace my hard drive, so I had no idea which version of the mods were saved within game on my flashdrive. I was back to TS2 for quite a while and never checked anything when I last updated.