Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#7326 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jo-Anne
I know what you mean because I’ve seen it and I think it’s indeed related to the skin. Even though I have the same skin and the eyelashes in my game work, so maybe there’s also another factor.

I have my Sim Details set to High... would it need to be on Very High?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7327 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have my Sim Details set to High... would it need to be on Very High?

Maybe, you could try. I have everything on highest settings.
Lab Assistant
#7328 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
I've lost days worth of labor on various structures because this game glitches out and the interface almost completely breaks. I think it might be game corruption, i'm not sure. Anyway, I know how to get otu of lot edit mode and save the structure while the game is corrupted/glitched(?). Tho it locks up if I try to reenter lot edit mode, requiring a termination of the game's process VIA task manager.

Next time I launch the game it doesn't load up, give infintie black screen, so I end the process again with task manager.

Next time I restart the game it works fine, although my structures saved during emergency time don't show up in the library and I'm not sure if they really saved as a file in the games directory? Or how to recover them so I can avoid abandoning builds due to frustration over wasted time and labor?

Thisk eeps happening and it's very annoying.
Site Helper
#7329 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrennaKhali
I've lost days worth of labor on various structures because this game glitches out and the interface almost completely breaks. I think it might be game corruption, i'm not sure. Anyway, I know how to get otu of lot edit mode and save the structure while the game is corrupted/glitched(?). Tho it locks up if I try to reenter lot edit mode, requiring a termination of the game's process VIA task manager.

Next time I launch the game it doesn't load up, give infintie black screen, so I end the process again with task manager.

Next time I restart the game it works fine, although my structures saved during emergency time don't show up in the library and I'm not sure if they really saved as a file in the games directory? Or how to recover them so I can avoid abandoning builds due to frustration over wasted time and labor?

Thisk eeps happening and it's very annoying.

I use Saver from NRAAS, saving every 30 minutes. It can trigger a save dialog in the middle of building without having to exit to the Edit Town menu first.

I don't know if it would help you or not, but it has saved my building projects on numerous occasions.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#7330 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
According to Sims 3 Wiki, "Every time a Sims learning the Painting skill sells a painting directly from the easel there is a 20% chance that painting will replace a wall decoration item in the local art gallery". And indeed I remember it happening when I played the base game and even during the first expansions - but I haven't experienced it for a long while although I have a master painter in town; the local art gallery never displays his paintings. So, is it still a thing, my sim's paintings being displayed in the gallery? or it has gone long ago by one of the patches?
Inventor
#7331 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:23 PM
What is the point of unsellable high school diplomas in my sims inventories? Is it ok to flush them with Nraas MC?
Top Secret Researcher
#7332 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
What is the point of unsellable high school diplomas in my sims inventories? Is it ok to flush them with Nraas MC?

Never was sure what the point of those were other than to hang on a wall so friends and family will think the sim is smart. They can be flushed with MC.
Scholar
#7333 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:01 AM
My game crashed again and before it did I noticed there were apparently 3 maids there though I could only see one. Anyone know why the game would send multiple maids to a home? Also not sure if it has anything to do with the crash.
Top Secret Researcher
#7334 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
My game crashed again and before it did I noticed there were apparently 3 maids there though I could only see one. Anyone know why the game would send multiple maids to a home? Also not sure if it has anything to do with the crash.

Sounds like the spawning of maids got stuck in a loop somewhere. Do you have NRaas Error Trap or Overwatch installed? If yes and there are scrip errors you could upload them over at NRaas. They might point to what is going on with your game with the maids and/or why your game is crashing. See How To Upload On This Page. Please make sure to zip them in one folder. Free Membership Required.
Scholar
#7335 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Sounds like the spawning of maids got stuck in a loop somewhere. Do you have NRaas Error Trap or Overwatch installed? If yes and there are scrip errors you could upload them over at NRaas. They might point to what is going on with your game with the maids and/or why your game is crashing. See How To Upload On This Page. Please make sure to zip them in one folder. Free Membership Required.

I think I have both installed. I'll figure this out later, thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#7336 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:48 AM
I think I have both installed. I'll figure this out later, thank you.

You are welcome tunafishfish. Script errors when generated by those mods are an awsome tool for identifying problems.
Hope you can get a handle on the crashing soon
Scholar
#7337 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
By the way, @barbarat, is your handle supposed to be pronounced like "baccarat" or "Barbara T?"
Mad Poster
#7338 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:52 AM
By the way, @barbarat, is your handle supposed to be pronounced like "baccarat" or "Barbara T?"

I have had the pleasure of working with babarat, aka brappl at NRaas, for many years now and always wondered this myself. But I've never dared ask, glad someone else finally did. (Sits on edge of chair waiting for the answer...)
Field Researcher
#7339 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:21 AM

Ohh, I have been reading it barba rat and have been thinking of barbarian rats.

Now I want to know the answer too!
Scholar
#7340 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:18 AM Last edited by CatMuto : 4th Feb 2018 at 10:29 AM.
I grabbed two CC boots that really only work with short pants or skirts. When I use them for long pants, the pattern of the boots expands and goes over the mesh of the pants... is that something a newbie at meshing or such could fix themselves? I mean, I'm guessing it's a mesh problem...

And the 'only' thing you need to allow Showtime shows to happen on a designated lot (Big Park/Live Venue/etc) is the stage, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#7341 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM

Bingo @tunafishfish. You guys are too funny and @MeowMixPls It took me a long time before I started looking at my screen name and conjured up the same thing you did, LOL. @igazor: how is it you have a photographic memory for just about every NRaas Mod FAQ ever documented but forgot my name??? I'm crushed.

Well, any way now that I've been exposed, my name is Barbara. I'll leave the "T" up to your own imaginations. :D
Scholar
#7342 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:50 PM
Nice to meet you, Barbara T, it could've gone either way. @meowmixpls in my head it was "barba rat" like a barber from Brooklyn who is a rat in the Disney way and not in the "squeals to the police way."
Field Researcher
#7343 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:04 PM
Bingo @tunafishfish. You guys are too funny and @MeowMixPls It took me a long time before I started looking at my screen name and conjured up the same thing you did, LOL. @igazor: how is it you have a photographic memory for just about every NRaas Mod FAQ ever documented but forgot my name??? I'm crushed.

Well, any way now that I've been exposed, my name is Barbara. I'll leave the "T" up to your own imaginations. :D

It's extremely likely our native languages are very different to each other. That's probably why :D

@CatMuto you will have better luck when you go ask that in there http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=597
Instructor
#7344 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I grabbed two CC boots that really only work with short pants or skirts. When I use them for long pants, the pattern of the boots expands and goes over the mesh of the pants... is that something a newbie at meshing or such could fix themselves? I mean, I'm guessing it's a mesh problem...

If the boot mesh is clipping through the pants, it's a mesh problem. If it's only the boot pattern that overlaps the pants, it's a mask problem that can probably be solved by editing the .dds image for the mask.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Mad Poster
#7345 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:06 PM
@igazor: how is it you have a photographic memory for just about every NRaas Mod FAQ ever documented but forgot my name??? I'm crushed

In my defense Barbara, of course I didn't forget your real name. But your screen name here really could have gone either way as a pun of some kind or that could have been the coincidence that it turned out to be. Just like mine doesn't really have anything to do with gazing into people's eyes. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
just a girl
#7346 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:45 AM
Hey guys
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=593104
Is it my glitch or does that page really has files, install instructions and related uploads all on the same page without needing to click the buttons?
Mad Poster
#7347 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:37 PM
Shows like this for me too.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#7348 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:16 PM
For me too!
Site Helper
#7349 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:07 PM
Yep. It shows like that for me as well...
Were you going to post in Site Questions and Issues about it?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
just a girl
#7350 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Lamare : 7th Feb 2018 at 7:20 PM.
Do you think I should? (Ok, I will. I have another question anyway.)
At first, I got excited that it was a new feature. It's probably just a bug.

(I wonder what's so funny in my previous post.)
Page 294 of 385