Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#11001 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:55 PM Last edited by barbarat : 26th Feb 2018 at 5:23 PM. Reason: Post 11024
@TigerAnn @tuafishfish

There are settings that should help if you have Retuner installed:
From City Hall or a Computer>NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>Sims3.Gameplay.Actors>Sim+PetStartle>RunAwayDistances>Try lowering both of those values. It might take couple of sim days or a game reload for the changes to take hold.
Advertisement
Scholar
#11002 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
What's bad is when you lose track of time... I forget how long it takes before you get a "Elder baby" from the future coming back... Sometimes I keep trying and then old guys start popping out of the time machine and suddenly I'm playing an old folks home.

That's why I make babies in the past.
PAST
Children or Teens.
Never elders and I do not think I ever gotten an adult Edit; i think I did but it's rare.

FUTURE:
Majority Elders sometimes adults
NEVER children or teens.

But why do paradox children come out most of the time blond haired blue eyed?

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Top Secret Researcher
#11003 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
But why do paradox children come out most of the time blond haired blue eyed?

Wait.. whut? By paradox children do you mean future children?
I think time machine children are at least half Asian because of the "Mongolian Yurt" message indicates their birth. I don't recall any past conceived children being blond haired blue eyed. (don't recall any future ones, either... but my Marty sim isn't blond haired or blue eyed).

In other news...
1) I'm sure many of you knew this.. Putting your trashcan in a fenced off area keeps the raccoons out. I just discovered this!
2) IF you have a teenage genie and your ensorcel an adult during school hours while at home, you get scolded with the accompanying -5 "Skipped School" and the -15 "Upset ... (from socialization)" moodlet. So much for learning how to drive...
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#11004 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
This seems like the right place to ask about that time machine since for all the years I've had Ambitions I've never once tried it. I have a sim working the Kama Simtra Locations challenge and it finally popped up for sale in the consignment store so he promptly bought it and proceeded to put it to good use It was a risky woohoo so should I expect any weird past/future/whatever kids popping out of the machine in some time? And in general how do they work, what triggers them so I can avoid it lol?
Site Helper
#11005 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:44 PM
As far as I can tell kids from the Time Machine are random, even when there were no woohoo mods involved. If you try for baby in the time machine, and a baby happens, you can get a time child. The "child" shows up at the house one day and is added to the family. (Usually after some kind of semi-snarky remark.) Otherwise they are exactly the same as any other sim that gets merged with the household and then added to the family tree. (Including being able to be moved back out if they are Adults or Elders.)

I have no idea what would happen if the mom and dad weren't living together, but I suspect that there will be no time child if neither parent is in the active family when the child should show up, and that the child will turn up at the active sim's house if one of the parents is active.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#11006 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:16 AM
Thanks, Ghost sdoj. I'm prepared to nuke 'em if they decide to show up but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Now if only I can think of a way to obtain a Mystery Box and an Actor Trailer while he's at it... (though how and why would anyone want to bang in said box is beyond me, but it is listed so I guess we're doing it)
Mad Poster
#11007 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:18 AM Last edited by igazor : 6th Mar 2018 at 7:29 AM.
There was talk at one time of listing the Pizza Oven as a possible location. "Sim So and So is feeling a sudden burning sensation and has decided to pay a visit to the local hospital."

I once saw two sims doing it in a plastic recycling bin. They weren't really in the bin, they were on the other side of a wall it was up against, supposedly using the wall shower, and that was a momentary positioning glitch with an animated woohoo mod that cleared itself up before I could recover from my surprise and even think to take a screenshot. But some sims apparently get really excited about the town's recycling program.
Scholar
#11008 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
As far as I can tell kids from the Time Machine are random, even when there were no woohoo mods involved. If you try for baby in the time machine, and a baby happens, you can get a time child. The "child" shows up at the house one day and is added to the family. (Usually after some kind of semi-snarky remark.) Otherwise they are exactly the same as any other sim that gets merged with the household and then added to the family tree. (Including being able to be moved back out if they are Adults or Elders.)

I have no idea what would happen if the mom and dad weren't living together, but I suspect that there will be no time child if neither parent is in the active family when the child should show up, and that the child will turn up at the active sim's house if one of the parents is active.

I've actually tested this. If the time machine is on a lot that is NOT yours then the child that comes out will belong to that house hold. ANY child made in your time machine on your lot will join your household. So the child that comes out belongs to the household that is on the lot it sits on. Playing with genies you can ensorcel random Sims and control them and make babies in the time machine then set those Sims free and wait.

Wait.. whut? By paradox children do you mean future children?
I think time machine children are at least half Asian because of the "Mongolian Yurt" message indicates their birth. I don't recall any past conceived children being blond haired blue eyed. (don't recall any future ones, either... but my Marty sim isn't blond haired or blue eyed).

Paradox children that's the only term I can find to call the children that follow you back through the time portal. You know go into the past for an adventure comeback with a child.There is a chance of venturing into the past or the future you can comeback with a child. I've never had it happen for the future but I know it can happen.

Instructor
#11009 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There was talk at one time of listing the Pizza Oven as a possible location. "Sim So and So is feeling a sudden burning sensation and has decided to pay a visit to the local hospital."

I once saw two sims doing it in a plastic recycling bin. They weren't really in the bin, they were on the other side of a wall it was up against, supposedly using the wall shower, and that was a momentary positioning glitch with an animated woohoo mod that cleared itself up before I could recover from my surprise and even think to take a screenshot. But some sims apparently get really excited about the town's recycling program.

Still makes more sense than doing it in an underwater cave in full scuba gear imho, but I digress
Lab Assistant
#11010 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
i just tried out an HQ mod for the first time, and bruh....when i zoomed in on those lashes.....
Site Helper
#11011 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:09 PM
I've actually tested this. If the time machine is on a lot that is NOT yours then the child that comes out will belong to that house hold. ANY child made in your time machine on your lot will join your household. So the child that comes out belongs to the household that is on the lot it sits on. Playing with genies you can ensorcel random Sims and control them and make babies in the time machine then set those Sims free and wait.

And now I'm slightly wondering what would happen if your sim buys a community lot, puts a time machine on it, sells the lot back to the town, and then a pair of sims tries for a baby in it? Of course, I'm also still wondering what I did with my codes so that I can install Sims 3 onto my new computer without having to deal with Origin and patch 1.69...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#11012 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
today i learned that when ranting about Death using the megaphone, theres a chance he might just, y'know, fucking kill your sim

and you may briefly believe you've lost your beautiful child before he revives them again and says something to the effect of "just fucking with you lol, watch out though"
Screenshots
Instructor
#11013 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:04 PM
I don't recall any past conceived children being blond haired blue eyed. (don't recall any future ones, either... but my Marty sim isn't blond haired or blue eyed).

but.. but.. what about young Dr. Emmet Brown??

Scholar
#11014 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:56 PM
I made a very unpleasant woman (Snob, Diva, Ambitious, Dislikes Children, and Equestrian) and discovered that it's very hard for her to make friends. Seems like a "duh" but I'm actually finding her very sympathetic as one of her locked wishes is "befriend someone."
Scholar
#11015 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:15 AM
I didnt know you could grab an object and hold alt to place it without snapping to the grid. ALL THIS TIME :U
Scholar
#11016 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:52 AM
SO I have a witch Sim and I never played a witch before but her life time wish ended her wanting to turn 9 sims into zombies. That seems like a lot who do you choose. Well her dad being a nerd decided to use the reward for reaching level 9 and somehow managed to cause combustion of several sims on the lot. So what happens if you lob a zombification potion at a ghost. Does it count? Well yes it does. The ghost dies comes back and ticks up one zombie count for your sim. For the ghost he continues to float like the dead sim he is. No having to deal with zombie animation, so YAY!

Also learned you can get a DNA sample from a ghost. o_0

Tomorrow I shall test the time machine on a community lot and see what happens, What's worse that happens? I break the game. XD

Scholar
#11017 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
Sometimes sims have topical speech and thought bubbles! I had my sim meet her fiance at the spring festival, not as a date, but just something fun to do. He found her and came up to her to chat the speech bubble above his head showed interlocking rings. They chatted for a while the pictures shifting to hearts, a bride and groom, even wedding bells! I decided that they were talking about how long they wanted to be engaged for and where to hold the wedding. Almost as good as the time a sim of mine had the thought bubble with the icon for surrounded by family while she was in labor like, "Why did I think this was a good idea?"
Field Researcher
#11018 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:07 PM
That when my households needs are made static because I have a full household and a toddler to try and skill up along with having to hold a needy merman’s hand because he absolutely will not take care of his constant needs, that they will spend all their time in the swimming pool. And nothing else
Top Secret Researcher
#11019 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:08 AM
SO I have a witch Sim and I never played a witch before but her life time wish ended her wanting to turn 9 sims into zombies. That seems like a lot who do you choose. Well her dad being a nerd decided to use the reward for reaching level 9 and somehow managed to cause combustion of several sims on the lot. So what happens if you lob a zombification potion at a ghost. Does it count? Well yes it does. The ghost dies comes back and ticks up one zombie count for your sim. For the ghost he continues to float like the dead sim he is. No having to deal with zombie animation, so YAY!

Also learned you can get a DNA sample from a ghost. o_0

Tomorrow I shall test the time machine on a community lot and see what happens, What's worse that happens? I break the game. XD

Real Dead Un-Dead?
When you clone ghost DNA, is the clone alive or a ghost?
A shopping mall time machine? What a novel concept.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#11020 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:29 AM Last edited by DrowningFishy : 11th Mar 2018 at 11:54 AM.
Real Dead Un-Dead?
When you clone ghost DNA, is the clone alive or a ghost?
A shopping mall time machine? What a novel concept.

Yes, he's a dead undead.
The clone is alive.
And yup, apparently you can place a time machine on the grocery lot, and a resort as well. Talk about resort perks WHOO!

SO If you make a baby in a time machine, be it your resort or the grocery store, the spawn will pop out in your time machine on your home lot OR what ever home lot a time machine is on. Where ever the home lot that time machine is on that Sim becomes part of their household. If there are TWO time machines on home lots seems like the active household gets chosen.

As for what if there is no time machines on any home lots "Well the time machine is rocking and no ones come-a-knocking".

Instructor
#11021 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 9:04 AM
I was sure I knew all pieces of furniture and objects in my game, I play with the same EPs for ages, I build, I decorate, but today I discovered a furniture that I have never ever seen before, anywhere. Not in my game, not even on pictures of others' games. I play in a custom world now which of course came with custom lots, and in one of the residentials, I've found this console table:

When I click on it to repaint with CAST, it has an EP logo on the color versions, darker blue as if Showtime or Island Paradise, but I positively know that there is no table like this in the regular catalogue or the buydebug menu. Can it be a reward object? Does anyone recognize it?
Space Pony
#11022 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:18 PM
Not exactly discovered this while playing, but I just learned there are so called TS3 experts who even put up Tutorial Guides over at Steam (hence why I said I discovered this while NOT playing), who prefer playing the game by running the clunky launcher first BEFORE hitting the play button INSTEAD of just skipping the launcher altogether and launching it directly using a direct shortcut to the game itself
Lab Assistant
#11023 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Not exactly discovered this while playing, but I just learned there are so called TS3 experts who even put up Tutorial Guides over at Steam (hence why I said I discovered this while NOT playing), who prefer playing the game by running the clunky launcher first BEFORE hitting the play button INSTEAD of just skipping the launcher altogether and launching it directly using a direct shortcut to the game itself

Don't know about TS3 as my base game is an original disk, but I do have other EA games where the .exe has been "updated" to make them use Origin, so now instead of the .exe starting the game it starts Origin instead, and you now have to use Origin to start the game.

Anyone patched to 1.69 probably has little choice but use the launcher to start the game, hell they probably have to start Origin just to start the Effing launcher.
Site Helper
#11024 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:04 AM
True, but anyone playing on Steam is guaranteed to be at 1.67. They didn't make 1.69 for the Steam version.

Space Pony
#11025 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
True, but anyone playing on Steam is guaranteed to be at 1.67. They didn't make 1.69 for the Steam version.

Which too is a great incentive to play on Steam. That and the fact you can play the game directly without even needing to launch Steam itself first
Page 441 of 490