Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:45 PM
Default Changing lifetime wish
I have a sim which has already fulfilled her lifetime wish, can I still change it? I couldn't find the "change lifetime wish" to buy from the lifetime happiness reward as well...

Does that mean I cannot change my lifetime wish after I fulfilled it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:33 PM
I noticed the same thing. It was disappointing, since I had hoped to work on another lifetime wish after achieving the first one, but it seems as though that's not an option. After fulfilling the wish, the icon for it changed and seemed like it was locked in stone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
That's disappointing, the lifetime wishes are quite easy to complete, I just wished there's ways to choose another...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -StarrY-
That's disappointing, the lifetime wishes are quite easy to complete, I just wished there's ways to choose another...

Me too, especially since the little pop up that comes up when you complete the LTW says something about wondering what's next for the sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
I just hope either the modders or future expansions include changing lifetime wish as a feature, my teen girl fulfilled her lifetime wish before turning into YA...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -StarrY-
I just hope either the modders or future expansions include changing lifetime wish as a feature, my teen girl fulfilled her lifetime wish before turning into YA...

I too was quite bummed to see the Change lifetime wish reward disappear after completing my sims' lifetime wish.

I'm wondering if you get to pick a new one if you use the Midlife Crisis reward. Don't really have the desire to go changing up my Sims' traits, but it would be interesting to see if this let you change the lifetime wish.

We definitely need a mod to fix this...
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM
With Midlife Crisis you can only change the traits, not even the favourite color/music/meal. You need the Change lifetime wish reward, but if the LTW is fulfilled its gone.
That's why I change the LTW of my immortal Sim (Ambrosia) every time he is near to fulfill it.
Theorist
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:32 AM
Ugh! It makes perfect sense it would work that way but shoot fire! I just moved a Sim into a household and instantly his lifetime wish was fulfilled (he wanted a perfect garden--I thought he'd actually have to grow it himself, not just move onto a lot that has an existing one) so I really, really wanted to change his lifetime wish!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:26 PM
I hope someone creates a mod for this. It would be nice to be able to complete another lifetime wish. My sims are only adults but they have both completed theirs. I am still completing other wishes and doing other things, but it would be nice to still have a bigger goal. The only reason I can think for not having it, is it would allow you to buy out the rewards too quickly. But they could make it worth only 10,000 points or something instead of 30,000. It would still be nice.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:45 PM
Wow, this is like a really, really old thread.

As noted in another thread along the same lines, called "Can one have two Lifetime wishes?", such a mod already exists... In the form of SuperComputer.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 7:01 PM
Old thread is old, but still relevant!

The Sim I was moving in was a service NPC. In my post above I mentioned that his lifetime wish was fulfilled as soon as he moved onto the lot. I decided to exit without saving and experiment with a few things. The first thing I did was remove some of the plants so there wouldn't be enough for his lifetime wish to be achieved. That time when he moved in he got a completely different lifetime wish! Apparently NPCs roll random LTWs on move-in.

Later I made another accidental discovery. I had one of my Sims invite a playable Sim to move in. Since I'd never played him I didn't realize he also has the Perfect Garden LTW. Instantly it was fulfilled. I decided to do the same thing with him that I did with the service worker but for some reason I wanted to check out something in his family so before going back to that household switched to his. When I went back to the main family and had my Sim ask him to move in, this time his wish didn't automatically fill. The circumstances were exactly the same. I didn't remove any of the plants.

I'm guessing this particular problem is a bug that any tester would have been hard-pressed to discover. As if them only being able to fulfill one LTW isn't bad enough, instantly fulfilling the one they do have on move-in is like pouring salt into the wound. Super Computer to the rescue!! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 11:43 PM
My sim was for a challenge and he had the household networth for some money,I don't remember...I invited Crumplebottom over and his wish was fulfilled,but not until she got there. I assumed it was her car that she parked on the lot....But it was disappointing...I really wish you could change it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:09 AM
Default testingcheatenabled (true/false)
Use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" (minus quotations) then press SHIFT + left click on the sim you wish to change their lifetime wish then click "edit sim in create a sim" go to their personality and viola you're welcome it may not cahnge immediately it takes a few minutes but It does work
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 3:04 AM
... this thread is from three years ago, at which time that cheat didn't exist. Please check the date of the last post when you reply to a thread.

Locking.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: No thread necromancy please.