Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:46 PM
Default Who is Lolita Goth?
Who is she? Gunther's sister? Aunt? Cousin?

Why does she live...err...she is a ghost, actually....why was she burried at the Goth's manor graveyard?

Thank you for any answer
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:56 PM
I guess the relation is unknown.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goth_Family
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:01 PM
Then no problem if I make her Gunther's sister, right?

Thank you!!
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:11 PM
She was probably meant to be Gunthers sister Frieda but EA as usual messed up - However that would not explain her being young when she died since her ghost is old in TS2- They did that with Mr's Crumplebottom in TS@ as well since she is apparently unrelated in anyway to Prudence Crumplebottom, Simon Crumplebottom or their daughters Agnes Crumplebottom and Cornelia Goth
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:04 PM
Oh weird.

A few days after release (back when I was still bothering to try to play TS3), I made a sim called Lolita, and had her break up the Goth marriage and move in with Gunther. When I started seeing a "Lolita Goth" ghost around the mansion, I figured it was just a bug, and that my 'live' Lolita had somehow spawned a ghost.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:53 PM
Hmm, well I was going to ask this,too.

thanks for answering it tho.

Don't follow in my footsteps- I walk into walls.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
I've been wondering this, too! I just started a new game where I had my Sim marry Mortimer after I aged him up with testingcheatsenabled and kicked the parents out. When I saw she was the lone ghost not related to Mortimer on the lot and how young she was, when I got the opportunity I picked up her tomb stone and took her to the science center and tried to bring her back to life. When it failed (does it ever work?), and she became a member of the family, suddenly my main goal in the game was to resurrect her. I just managed to do that the last time I played and was so happy! She's very cute & now, since they aren't related I'm thinking of marrying her to one of their 2 sons.

"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can."
~Cary Grant
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:53 PM
How did you resurrect her? (Love your avatar btw. Who is that? Cary Grant?)
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 2:47 AM
Thanks, I love it, too! Yep, Cary Grant, one of the best actors ever! :lovestruc
To resurrect a ghost, have them eat ambrosia! I was so happy to learn that the other week! One of my Sims had married a ghost and all but one of their 6 kids were also ghosts and the noise was getting on my last nerve!

"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can."
~Cary Grant
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:32 PM
Default Lolits Goth based on "Lolita" the novel?
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
Who is she? Gunther's sister? Aunt? Cousin?

Why does she live...err...she is a ghost, actually....why was she burried at the Goth's manor graveyard?

Thank you for any answer

I guessed she was based on the characte Lolita for the novel "Lolita" her traits match those of the girl in the book and she dresses and does her hair the same way too. But Im not sure becuase it's such a controversal book im not sore EA would want to assosiate with it. Plus it explains why she died young, cos Lolita in the book dies in in her twenties.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM
She's (They're) the best-choiced target for japanese pedos. Just wander around Tokyo on Sunday and you'll know what i mean. There are LOT of gothic lolitas.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 1:16 AM
Ok this is what I think, Lolita is most likely Freida even though she is an elder in TS2. However havent you noticed that TS3 should be before TS2 because it tells the story of bella and the rest of them and where they lived and grew up as kids. So that would mean that Lolita would have been brought back and changed her name then lived the rest of her life into an elder. As you see in the sims 3 it should be before sims 2 because it shows the past of them like i said before. So then my conclusion is that Lolita is Gunthers long lost sister.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Antagonist.01
She's (They're) the best-choiced target for japanese pedos. Just wander around Tokyo on Sunday and you'll know what i mean. There are LOT of gothic lolitas.

I'm sorry, no . . . as a person who does go out sometimes in Lolita style for fun, it has very little sexual connotation attached to it - most times, the opposite. It's mostly a clean thing from what I've experienced. Don't get the book and the fashion confused.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 3:36 AM
Lolita will flirt with Gunther if uninterrupted.

I think she is his first wife.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jayroo
Lolita will flirt with Gunther if uninterrupted.

I think she is his first wife.

My brother will flirt with my friend if uninterrupted.

I don't think she is his first wife.

Accidental Murder
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViviSims2
My brother will flirt with my friend if uninterrupted.

I don't think she is his first wife.

How is that comparison relevant?

You cannot flirt with family members in the sims unless you have a mod for incest.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 7:50 PM
How is that comparison relevant?

It's not really relevant. She just took your words and twisted them around to make a lackluster joke.

On Topic: I think that Lolita was potentially the first women Gunther married.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'm sorry, no . . . as a person who does go out sometimes in Lolita style for fun, it has very little sexual connotation attached to it - most times, the opposite. It's mostly a clean thing from what I've experienced. Don't get the book and the fashion confused.
That agrees with my understanding of the Lolita fashion. It is more about the girls having their own fun than about them being fun for someone else.
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
It's not really relevant. She just took your words and twisted them around to make a lackluster joke.

On Topic: I think that Lolita was potentially the first women Gunther married.

Actually, I thought it was a pretty good joke, but then, some folks don't get my sense of humor either.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
That agrees with my understanding of the Lolita fashion. It is more about the girls having their own fun than about them being fun for someone else.

Exactly. It's more centred around going out, having fun, drinking tea, going into cute little stores, doing girly things like our nails and just hanging out and enjoying the scenery! There's a little group that meets up once a month around where I live and we hit the town and I have my little dose of being girly for the month. :lovestruc

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 9:06 AM
Perhaps there is more to do with the Nabokov novel, rather than the Japanese fashion.

I saw her mourning the death of Mortimer Goth when she saw him. I don't remember if she was resurrected at this point or not. Unfortunately that bug where they "try to go home" after being resurrected (causing them to vaporize) struck, so I can't test further for a while.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:28 PM
You cannot flirt with family members in the sims unless you have a mod for incest.

In Sim-verse and real life two people can have the same name and not be related. And as stated in this topic's discussion Lolita's relation to the Goth family is unknown.

Lolita is not included in the family tree. However since she does share the same last name and her grave is in the Goth's yard, we *assume* she is a relation.

It appears EA made Lolita after the other Goths in CAS or as part of a separate househould. This would make her un-connected to the family tree and incest free as far as Sims game mechanics knows.
I guess EA made a late decision for another Goth addition, and conveniently forgot she wouldn't appear in the family tree.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
In Sim-verse and real life two people can have the same name and not be related. And as stated in this topic's discussion Lolita's relation to the Goth family is unknown.

Lolita is not included in the family tree. However since she does share the same last name and her grave is in the Goth's yard, we *assume* she is a relation.

It appears EA made Lolita after the other Goths in CAS or as part of a separate househould. This would make her un-connected to the family tree and incest free as far as Sims game mechanics knows.
I guess EA made a late decision for another Goth addition, and conveniently forgot she wouldn't appear in the family tree.

While that is another option it still makes sense considering the Goth story as presented and without taking any other Sims games into account that she is most likely his first wife.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:03 PM
From the sims 3 wiki on the goth family:
  • Lolita Goth: Likely a reference to Vladimir Nabokov's novel Lolita and an obvious parody of the Japanese fashion 'Gothic Lolita'. Lolita is a nickname for "Dolores", which means "sorrows".
Inventor
#25 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
She was probably meant to be Gunthers sister Frieda but EA as usual messed up - However that would not explain her being young when she died since her ghost is old in TS2- They did that with Mr's Crumplebottom in TS@ as well since she is apparently unrelated in anyway to Prudence Crumplebottom, Simon Crumplebottom or their daughters Agnes Crumplebottom and Cornelia Goth

I thought She was Victor's Lolita ..... and he had to marry her but I cant prove it. She is too pretty to be Gunthers sister. A Lolita is a teenybopper that is chaseing an old man in the hopes she will get his money. Sometimes she sleeps in the same bed with Victor. I used to partner with an Op called Lolita that was oblivious to the movie. She was pure Ohio...her sister MaggieTheCat suggested it for her. Maggie moved to New Orleans when she became a teen and Lolita stayed home ...... Sometimes she would call herself Lolita Lollypop, and whine when men msged her. Wow ...

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Locked thread | Locked by: Nysha Reason: Back, foul beast!
Page 1 of 2