Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:29 AM
Plants Won't Grow.
Hi

Well, it's been almost a week in-game and the plants are still in "planted" phase. The first time it happened, I tried having my sims re-planted them but it still won't grow.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:55 AM
Have they received water and stuff? It's possible they don't grow if not watered and stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#3 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:04 AM
You have to water plants. I am really depressed that this isn't obvious.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 7:32 AM
Well, it's a new thing in TS3, really. In TS2, you just planted them outside and the weather would auto-water them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 8:00 AM
Yeah, they're watered daily. I have a few sprinklers upgraded to auto-water so I don't have to water them. The plants have also been fertilized.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 10:09 AM
maybe your sim have the plant infertile trait. lol just joking. it must be a neighborhood bug. try switching to another household and try planting there if it worked go back to your main household.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 11:08 AM
Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
maybe your sim have the plant infertile trait. lol just joking. it must be a neighborhood bug. try switching to another household and try planting there if it worked go back to your main household.

I did as you suggested and it didn't work out. But I had my sims evicted and moved to a new house, replanted the plants and they're growing fine.

Thanks again. :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 4:09 AM
I have had somewhat the same problem as .lin on and off since patch 1.7 was released. My game is patched to 1.7.
The growth of plants get stuck sometime between 1 and 6-7 days after they were planted. I never got to the point were plant become barren. When the problem happens, there are no other options than dispose or fertilize (or view for green thumb), and weeds don't grow. Plants in the neighbourhood (wild plants and at neighbours) don't grow either (I have tried harvesting them, fruits won't re-grow). When I dispose of all plants, new planted seeds will grow and the problem will happen again after a few days. If I don't dispose of all plants on my lot, new planted seeds won't grow.
I have done lots of testing with the mods I have, with mixed results. I can't reproduce the issue with the vanilla game alone, or with awesomemod alone. I've tried to remove different mods (even if not affecting gardening or plants at all) without results. So I am at a loss about what causes the problem and am about to try updating to the latest patch to see if things improves. I just thought maybe the problem is linked to rare and special plants, as I only used common plants in my testing.
Anyways, I thought I would just add to this thread, in case anybody has any insight on this problem or managed to solve this successfully in their own game.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 7:48 AM
You need to watering the plants, just spending time for harvesting them into grow bigger into tree. It also build gardening level too. Or use the sprinklers to upgrade auto-water because it would not a problem.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 3:53 PM
Datch, you have proven it is a mod conflict causing your problem. Patching the game won't help, until you resolve the mod conflict you will continue to have that issue regardless what patch you apply.

Try to narrow it down and determine which mod is causing the problem and remove it.