Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#351 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:57 AM
i still hold that i will never install this on my computer, even if it is free. i think my computer would burst into flames if i ever did.
i would also lose my dignity.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#352 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rock Chick
I got it for a belated birthday present and it's OK. I have been messing about with creating a chocolate themed house using a few things from the pack with CC filing the gaps a bit.
Also some of the clothing bits can be used though I hope some clever person can lever off the candy from a few things later on.

Happy Belated Birthday! I really hope this was just a small present you got for it. The house you put together does look pretty cute, though.
Inventor
#353 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 7:35 AM
Thanks Eskie, my main beef was the release price and that they missed a trick with creating a more complete theme. I like variety so most packs and EPs have some bits I can mix in here and there.
I still feel EA could have included a whole house worth of furniture rather than odd bits, also 3d candy free versions of all outfits and the hair things as accessories rather than glued on...hmmm the hair is not good IMO at all.
Also they could have added some chunky novelty jewellry, kids clothing and maybe some willy wonka style weird clothes for guys. (I think a wonka style candy pack would have been better and fuller theme wise)
And those weird candy bush things should have been harvestable edible cotton candy etc....my last thing, definately should have had a baked/sweets recipe or two and food register selling more dessert type things.
Still as I said , CC does bridge the gaps but it's disappointing that EA didn't/couldn't really go to town on the whimsy stuff and make it worth the asking price.
Retired
retired moderator
#354 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 7:40 AM
@Rock Chick - First images of those objects where they don't look hideous, though I still am no more tempted to make Sims 3 houses out of food than I was before.

That's only something I do in Minecraft. And then, only because melons make great hideous wallpaper.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Inventor
#355 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:06 AM
Hah now Minecraft! Now you're talking. Shame EA don't have the same attitude to their game and fans as Mojang.
Top Secret Researcher
#356 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 9:48 AM
Rock Chick, Wojtek made versions of the hairs without the accessories, here: http://www.simowyblogwojtka.blogspot.fr/
It's in polish (or something?) but it's not complicated, click on the "POBIERZ" button to download, it will send you on file4share to grab the thing. Yeah, a pain but some of his hairs are worth it!
Inventor
#357 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 10:38 AM
MiniMimi, that's great thankyou! certainly makes them a little more useful..retextures would help them a bit too !
Top Secret Researcher
#358 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:04 PM
It seems like there's so many items included here. Why can't they include as much in the other stuff packs for the same price (not the KP price)

If I think about it, this is the amount I would expect to be in a stuff pack.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
#359 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 3:22 PM
Best review from customer on Amazon.com:

First off I like Katy Perry. I'm not in love with her but I also don't hate her. I'm kind of indifferent. As for the stuff pack it is AWFUL! I got it expecting not to like everything in it but I have every other Sims 3 product so from a collection standpoint I purchased it. Everything in it is a candy theme which wouldn't be bad if you could customize them to include a plain style also. This is not so. You can change the background color on most of the items but that is it. It also includes some of the worst hair I have ever seen EA produce. If I did want to create some fantasy candy coated family I can't even do that because the styles are for adults only and the men get a really short end of the stick. The theme also only applies in furniture to what amounts to a child's bedroom and nothing more. You get some kid themed things but no kid themed outfits or hair. The girl scout uniform is only for adult females. This was the most disspointing because when I think of girl scouts I certainly don't think of adult wh***s in little girl clothes. I would be all for this expansion if it stuck to it's child like roots instead of going for p*rn fantasy. Seriously the worst purchase ever!
One Minute Ninja'd
#360 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic

The girl scout uniform is only for adult females. This was the most disspointing because when I think of girl scouts I certainly don't think of adult wh***s in little girl clothes. Seriously the worst purchase ever!

I don't have the SP so can somebody who really does please tell me this is not true? The only time I know of adults dressing up as girl scouts is when playing.....dress up. However I might play this game with any additional content is my business, this game relying only on EA content is not rated for that kind of playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#361 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 7:13 PM
I did not buy this stuff pack as it looked so silly and I just luaghed at the content in that game.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#362 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic

Doesn't sound like any of them actually did any homework before purchasing. And the one that bought it just because she is a "collector" has no room to complain. If ya buy something to complete a set just because that's what ya do it leaves ya no right to bitch.

It's like buying a Ford Pinto just because you own all the other Ford products. Yeah, it's ugly, small, runs like crap and is a waste of money but hey, you just HAD to have it didn't ya.

Come to think of it, I'd probably rather have the Pinto.
Mad Poster
#363 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:31 PM
I think perhaps calling it p*rn fantasy might land EA a few more sales, at least among the boyfriend-who-buys-gifts-for-their-girlfriend market.
Top Secret Researcher
#364 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:00 PM
How well did this stuff pack sell? From the replys here not very well.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#365 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22

The Stuff that Dreams are made of.

Reaches for the industrial strength eye bleach.. makes another appointment for another lobotomy.. It has to work.. I am running out of alcohol here.
Test Subject
#366 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 9:13 AM
i kind wish i could get some of those items for sims 2 for my candy shop business
One Minute Ninja'd
#367 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:27 AM
Err, I don't believe EA is even still selling this particular SP anymore. Perhaps if you had followed this thread 3 years ago, when it was last posted to, you might have had a chance at scoring the SP that few people actually wanted. Your support back then might have made the difference in the success of that otherwise disastrous release.

Oh, and S3 to S2 conversion of objects probably should go in the WCIF section. Probably on the S2 boards as well.

Good luck.
Alchemist
#368 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Err, I don't believe EA is even still selling this particular SP anymore.

That seems to be the case. I managed to find and buy this SP from a game shop from the net a few weeks ago. They only had 4 left and clearly stated that is was discontinued. It's a horrible excuse for a SP but I bought it because I'm not going to get Sims 4 and just wanted to complete my Sims 3 set. Other than that, it doesn't really have much of a game value. Not to me, anyway.
Theorist
#369 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Doesn't sound like any of them actually did any homework before purchasing. And the one that bought it just because she is a "collector" has no room to complain. If ya buy something to complete a set just because that's what ya do it leaves ya no right to bitch.

It's like buying a Ford Pinto just because you own all the other Ford products. Yeah, it's ugly, small, runs like crap and is a waste of money but hey, you just HAD to have it didn't ya.

Come to think of it, I'd probably rather have the Pinto.

I can't click agree enough...
Banned
#370 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

I can't click agree enough...

Done it.
Mad Poster
#371 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:38 PM
Katy Perry Sweet Treats: It's the gift that never stops giving.
Page 15 of 15