Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
I feel bat that the last little bit this has turned into a "Fix spiritbw's issue" thread. Specially since nothing seems to be working.

Ahh not to worry, I derailed it earlier with building talk :P. But seriously, I'm hoping you can get it sorted. And not just because OMG NEED MY FIX OF FUNNY SIMS OR I WILL DIE, 'cause I can totally empathise with game fuck up related stress >_<.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#102 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 11:02 AM
Well, after a full day of work really to get all things reloaded, reinstalled, and patched,then a tense wait as it took it's time doing the save animation....the old save game came out the other end without a crash. So it looks like my Killjoys will continue. *phew*
Site Helper
#103 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:36 PM
YAY!!!

Now let's get back to the sims! :D

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#104 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 4:35 PM
And not just any Sims, mind you - but evil, twisted, creepy Sims!

In a word ... SCUMTHORPES!
Scholar
#105 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 8th Mar 2019 at 6:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
[23:19:33] http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...pic,1532.0.html

So yeah. Go try that. I'm gonna download it too.

<3 Thank you so much.
I had an awful day full of error code 12's no matter how I tried to save, and then got angry and just quit. I've now just used this and my save that was 161MB is under 100, so hopefully you have just saved my legacy. If not... Uh... I dunno what I'll do, but thanks anyway (both of you, that's why I quoted it like that)
I'm off to play, if I'm not back soon, it means it worked.

*Pushes thread back on tracks*

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#106 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:27 PM
Quote:
my other brother has to carry a special certificate around to prove he's human

Lol poor Lester! How'd Carried end up being the abused and tortured one and not him?
Mad Poster
#107 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:28 PM
DFSGFHDGHGF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GUESS WHO GOT SEASONS TODAY SDGHJSDGHSJKHGKSHKSGJHDFGSGFKG. GONNA GET A MAN PREGNANT.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Lol poor Lester! How'd Carried end up being the abused and tortured one and not him?

At a guess, I'd say luck. Lots and lots of luck.

Well, after a full day of work really to get all things reloaded, reinstalled, and patched,then a tense wait as it took it's time doing the save animation....the old save game came out the other end without a crash. So it looks like my Killjoys will continue. *phew*

HOORAY! *High fives*

Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
<3 Thank you so much.
I had an awful day full of error code 12's no matter how I tried to save, and then got angry and just quit. I've now just used this and my save that was 161MB is under 100, so hopefully you have just saved my legacy. If not... Uh... I dunno what I'll do, but thanks anyway (both of you, that's why I quoted it like that)
I'm off to play, if I'm not back soon, it means it worked.

*Pushes thread back on tracks*

No problem! :3
Instructor
Original Poster
#108 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

You know, that "Has to carry a certificate that says he really is human" reminded me a lot of Nobby Nobbs from the Ank-Morpork city watch.

So now want to see Lester join the police force as the quaintly corrupt officer when he grows up.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:01 AM
Poor Nobby Nobbs! They really fell down on the job casting him for the movies. Twoflower was badly cast also. No offense to the actor formerly known as a Hobbit who played him, but that was NOT Twoflowers. Anyway.

So now you want Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax and Rincewind and Mr. Bean ... well so do I, truth to tell, LOL!
Mad Poster
#110 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:40 AM
You know, that "Has to carry a certificate that says he really is human" reminded me a lot of Nobby Nobbs from the Ank-Morpork city watch.

FUCK. How did I not get this reference?!

Theorist
#111 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 4:03 PM
Discworld characters... I'd like to see the Luggage. Wonder if that thing is possible to create...
Forum Resident
#112 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 5:35 PM
Hmm the animations would probably have to come from the cow plant. That being the more obvious choice. Cars or maybe an animal for the moving animations. add to an almost limitless quantity of storing things even people. I don't know.. i think you are really looking at building a new object. With a completely different coding to make it function properly.
Forum Resident
#113 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 5:48 PM
MinghamSmith Wrote:

"You know, MTS, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

...Or possibly some kind of paranormal Bonnie and Clyde thing. Hell if I know. "

Or a really screwed up Fox And Mulder.. The truth is just a cup of brain bleach away...
Mad Poster
#114 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 6:47 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 21st Feb 2013 at 6:47 PM. Reason: Picture is huge, and I'm too lazy to resize
Haven't done a whole lot with my Scumthorpes as of late, thanks to wanting to check out other families. But before I changed households, I took this picture of the eldest child, Albert.

He is a furry and a weeaboo.

http://i48.tinypic.com/6pc12c.jpg

Do not fuck with the bunny man.

Also when I switched back earlier today, I saw that Emilie Van Gould moved in with them, and is dating Albert. How...how the fuck did he get a girlfriend?!
Test Subject
#115 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
I love this thread and your family. Well, not love ... But, y'know. Keep a careful eye on them.

http://llamafont.com/ Say it in Llama! Now we only need a Freezer Bunny way to express ourselves.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 4:13 PM
Inspired by the Scumthorpes, I've allowed my first evil sim to live (typically I reroll if I get an evil trait).

10 seconds out of the family bin and he's cackling his evil glee already. I quit the game.

Now I'm scared to try to un-bin him again. The Scumthorpes are hilarious - on somebody ELSE'S computer!
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 6:08 PM
LOL, I'd hate to say that anything to do with Sprog is perfectly normal, but that... no, on second thought I won't say it. The game is completely weird and intelligent enough to detect Sprog's level of evilness. Yep, that must be it.

Sojourner: Aww, I love evil sims! They're so easy to keep happy, for one thing. All that fiendish glee.

Intersecting modular stairs.
Mad Poster
#118 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 6:39 PM
Sojourner do itttttt. Do ittttt. They are so fucking fun, oh my God.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 9:12 PM
I haven't done an evil sim in a long time....I think I'll make one for the Holy Sanctuary Challenge. That oughta ensue some hilarity.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 10:48 PM
I dunno. I thought I might turn him loose in Twinbrook, which I hadn't loaded up yet. But Twinbrook is so ugly I wouldn't even send an evil Sim there. And I thought Riverview was bad!

I loaded him up there just to see what happens and this was his very first wish:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#121 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:06 PM
On the contrary, that is a fantastic start.
Forum Resident
#122 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:37 PM
Sojourner, It shows he has potential.. Today his kids candy. Tomorrow breaking out of your computer to steal your candy. The day after taking over the world. Just consider him a Willie Wonka gone really, really bad.....
Field Researcher
#123 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hmmm, well, I've downloaded Jericho.

This is the first third-party world I've ever downloaded. I need somewhere safe to try to confine the evil. I'm rather fond of Sunset Valley. Hopefully my Sun Valley simizens will be safe from his evil influence with him sequestered in Jericho, but I don't know, the influence of the Scumthorpes seems to have a long reach. One can only hope that this evil sim proves not to be nearly as powerfully Evil as that family of legend.

I can't help it, it's the influence of the Scumthorpes. Not that Jericho deserves evil simizens, but with the high rises and whatnot it has more of a big city feeling that would suit this particular Sim, whose LTW is to become the CEO of a major corporation.

That's my excuse. He just wouldn't FIT IN as well in Sunset Valley.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
Sojourner, It shows he has potential.. Today his kids candy. Tomorrow breaking out of your computer to steal your candy. The day after taking over the world.

And that is EXACTLY what scares me, LOL!
Instructor
Original Poster
#125 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 12:49 AM
Taking me a bit to get back to my game after fixing things. Mainly because I have been spending all my time working on the new mansion for the Killjoys. I think I am almost done. Just doing the underground areas, Then I still need to do some landscaping and to paint the walls and floors.

Dunno what the final cost is going to be but it's already over 250k Simoleons for the unfurnished house and over 500k Simoleons with the furnishings so far. That's with avoiding most of the high-tech items and arcade type devices. I planned in advance and there is beds enough to sleep up to 14 sims from baby to adult. Also five full baths and three half baths which should keep there from being line ups. There is also room to expand in the basement to have areas for Mummys and Vampires if things go that way.

Pics to come of course.
Page 5 of 332