Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 7:55 PM
Funny lot ideas
I'm sick tired of default EA lots, even I have all EPs. What's your ideas about these lots? I'm waiting for the funniest, weirdest ideas to build
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:10 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Feb 2017 at 5:30 PM.
This has been on my To Do list for years, but I never get around to it. Apologies to those who have heard this before. I've always wanted to do up a Dance Club that is NRaas SP lot restricted to sims with the Childish trait, or at least on certain nights. Then fill it with sandboxes, children's toys, swings, floor to ceiling mirrors for them to make silly faces in, buffet tables filled with candy bars and whatever else it is older "kids" like these days, maybe an ice cream stand. And a big sign outside that says "Igazor's Playhouse" in Simlish.

The dance floors. black lights, and LN bars with maybe some slot machines can go on the community playground where they belong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This has been on by To Do list for years, but I never get around to it. Apologies to those who have heard this before. I've always wanted to do up a Dance Club that is NRaas SP lot restricted to sims with the Childish trait, or at least on certain nights. Then fill it with sandboxes, children's toys, swings, floor to ceiling mirrors for them to make silly faces in, buffet tables filled with candy bars and whatever else it is older "kids" like these days, maybe an ice cream stand. And a big sign outside that says "Igazor's Playhouse" in Simlish.

The dance floors. black lights, and LN bars with maybe some slot machines can go on the community playground where they belong.

Good idea
I will try it out.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
I've built a lynching square in my town, complete with that barren tree from... I want to say Midnight Hollow? to put the noose on. It's a marketplace with a few shacks, the nectary register and basically an old town vibe. The military base is next to a busy airport (CC airplanes), and the kids attending military school have to walk across the runway >=D
I also build churches a lot, since my hometown has an insane number of those. Those can be zoned as pretty much anything, too.
There's a pool bar overlooking the beach, and it looks like a houseboat because I've built pools on all the edges, so visitors have to swim before they can drink, dance and what have you

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:38 PM
What an exciting idea for a lot! I suppose you built it so you can stage the family and friends of the sim-meant-to-be-lynched storming the lot and saving them, and then organizing an election campaign to vote out the local law enforcement and city government, and then changing the laws and rebuilding the lot as a pleasant public park with monuments to equality and justice. I'd love to see the pictures of the transformation of your town!
Site Helper
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 2:51 AM
I built a vampire lounge. Then I got a bit carried away and put a brothel below it. Then I got even more carried away (or, rather, seriously annoyed about the alchemy station being constantly in use by other sims when my sim needed to use it.) So there is a hidden switch in a dive well on the brothel floor that opens a secret room on the floor below that which contains an alchemy station, a Store spellbook, and a voodoo doll. But then I decided that floor needed a better reason to exist, so it has some hot tub rooms for sims who want to woohoo in multiple different places. Of course, you need a spot to store clothes while you're in the hot tub, so they have those large wardrobes in the room. And, being a vampire lounge, there are sarcophagi being used as decoration.

Then I had a vampire turn a fairy, who, thanks to hybrid, became a fairy vampire. Who now owned the place. So it got a fairy level with a fairy house, a bubble blower, a train set, a claw machine, a whack a gnome thing, a crystal ball, arcade games, and various other assorted toys and games that a childish fairy would want. And some things to set fairy traps on, like sofas and showers.

(Side Note: Why does the OWNER have to leave when the place closes? It's her building. She should be able to stay as long as she wants.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:19 AM
I'm making a dark alice in wonderland/dark circus theme for my lots, less funny more fun and edgy. Sims act so whimsical that I might as well pretend they're in wonderland. But, you could take that and do a more lighthearted and cute Queen of hearts castle, with over-sized couches and toilets in the front yard, and the house filled to the brim with toys and parrots and other minor pets.

Another weird lot idea I never finished or started was making a puppy pit or basement. Just a lot with a bunch of puppies and dogs on it, but they're like in a pit or basement. Personally I was going to do a more urban graffiti feel to the lot.

You could also make a gravity defying house. How the Sims would get in there I don't know, but it would look cool and that's all that matters.

You could also make a disco cemetery. With garish over-saturated color scheme. Like someone puked a rainbow all over the place.

Also make a seeming nice beautiful house and fill it with high chairs. Then have lots of Sim babies to fill them.

Another funny lot idea is to make long winding mazes for Sims to navigate through, so that they could get to a fridge or cowplant or jelly bean tree. Those use to be fun to make back in the day.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(Side Note: Why does the OWNER have to leave when the place closes? It's her building. She should be able to stay as long as she wants.)

Yes, that's really annoying. The only way I know of around that is to work with venues that are lot typed to be the kind that are open 24/7 like parks and hangouts, but then it wouldn't be Vamp Lounge anymore. Think of it as the owner is the one who has to let everyone out and lock the doors at closing time, or something like that.
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:17 PM
Well, you could make this: http://i.imgur.com/iA7oHpf.jpg

Last time I sent my Sim to university I turned the rebel hangout into a BDSM club One half was red and the other was purple, and it was full of gargoyles and the horse decor from Pets.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Sounds like Dandy's playroom from American Horror Story!

Yes, it does! As he and Charles II of Spain are my husbandos and I frequently make sims of them and wed them to my selfsim (as well as my sims of my persona Elvira Shub Niggurath Rhodivich, Bette and Dot, and Marie Louise of Orleans and to each other), it always pleases me to see either referenced on here in something that I didn't post. Now I want to make my Dandy and Charles sims a playroom like this and decorate with dolls and ponies/horses as well since my self-sim, persona sim, and myself IRL collect dolls and My Little Ponies. As soon as I happen to attempt downloading that sim in the Scumthorpe Files based on Charles II or try to perfect the ones I've made myself and/or the one I downloaded from Tumblr though, really want to make him extra accurate as to how he probably looked as opposed to how his portraits look, and extremely freakish and horrifying... all the better to breed him with my sims....