Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:47 PM
Default Building a lot that's not a lot?
Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm going to try and tackle my Lucky Palms -> Las Vegas CAW project again.

I was playing an old build of New Twinbrook Beta, and the builder had a few buildings in the world that weren't lots in game (meaning they were effectively decor, but were created using build mode). That meant they looked pretty and filled out the world, but townies weren't pushed there. My idea is to create a few large buildings (with no interiors) to fill out the look and vibe. I've struggled in CAW/Edit Town to make this happen, but I'm at a dead end – so any help is appreciated!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:57 PM
Were the non-lots built with walls etc or only world items? Do they have lot boundaries?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Were the non-lots built with walls etc or only world items? Do they have lot boundaries?

They were built with walls, windows, build mode items, etc – they weren't just world decor. Interiors were fully empty, but I could push a sim to visit using job here/go here, etc. But, they didn't show as lot in world view. I *believe* you could use TCE to build on the lot, however. I'll have to spin in back up and take a look.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:06 PM
So clicking on the spot in world view didn't bring up any lot information like zoning or rabbithole presence?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:09 PM
Could be hidden lots. Sims aren't pushed to those.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
So clicking on the spot in world view didn't bring up any lot information like zoning or rabbithole presence?

Correct. I just spun up the world, and there's no option to edit the lot, etc in Edit mode. I CAN edit it using TCE (in game mode), and it has a lot name.
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:31 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/444222 there's your answer I suppouse, post #4 by Lovelypuff.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could be hidden lots. Sims aren't pushed to those.

This is exactly what I'm looking/hoping for. I'm not seeing these options in CAW or Edit Town – any way you could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Edit: had the comment window up while I noodled in CAW and missed the previous reply. I'll give it a whirl!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:00 PM
Unlock the lot for editing as per post #7 in the link @ElaineNualla gave.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:23 PM
Thanks, all! Excited to get back into this. Although, that excitement will probably go down in a blaze of rage and agony like every other time I've tried to tackle CAW.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 10:58 PM
Nobody wants to see Twinbroook!

Funny enough, I stumbled across an old World Failures thread where I posted some screenshots of my completely unplayable cluster-eff of a Lucky Palms CAW makeover (which was a delightful combination of object/texture heavy community builds and a complete lack of understanding on what I was doing). When I was culling some of the custom worlds I'd installed over time, I went looking at the New Twinbrook Beta world, and it gave me a very very bad idea of trying my hand at this Las Palms/Lucky Vegas cross over again.

So, none the wiser, I'm going to try it again. Which means you'll probably see me active in the TS4 forums again once I've swore my way through the dictionary.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:13 PM
Yep, I already hate CAW. Playing with terrain and asset placement in games like Planet Coaster and Cities:Skylines made me think I could do this. The good news is, it only took me about 12 hours to build an overpass that probably isn't even functional in game.