Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 5:55 PM
Default SimPoints
I have the sims 3 on Steam and I want to buy SimPoints, however when I go to the website it re-directs me to Origin. Can I buy them off Origin and will they link to my account I have on Sims 3 website (therefor be able to use them on Steam) or am I out of luck buying items off the website?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:05 PM
I'm afraid I can't comment on your luck in general, but the answer is yes you can use them on your Sims3 account. Origin is merely acting as purchasing agent for store points; it's now the only way they can be purchased. An actual Origin-managed install is not required.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:31 PM
How do I buy Sim points without installing that accursed evil origin thing again?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
How do I buy Sim points without installing that accursed evil origin thing again?

You could try bartering for them. Have you got any llamas in stock? EA seems to like those.

Or you could use the origin.com website.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm afraid I can't comment on your luck in general, but the answer is yes you can use them on your Sims3 account. Origin is merely acting as purchasing agent for store points; it's now the only way they can be purchased. An actual Origin-managed install is not required.

Thanks for the help