Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:47 AM
Custom Content Not Showing Up In My Game!
My Sims 3 game won't recognize my packages. I came here and rechecked the forum on how to put custom content into your game. I have everything correct but it isn't showing up in the game. I decided to take all the custom content out and try again. No dice. Then I tried backing up my sims 3 folder and starting it up again, and it crashed my whole computer then.(That's a whole other story..=.=') I uninstalled the game and proceeded to reinstall it, started it up without anything, and then put my cc inside my newly created mods folder (New resource.cfg and everything) after I closed it. I do have subfolders, but it only goes 2 deep including the mod folder itself. I also downloaded Delphey's Dashboard and checked if there were any conflicts. There were a little bit so I deleted them. I tried the DEP Method ,then turned the compatibility settings for the sims 3 to windows 7 (Part of the method) But still nothing happened. I really need someone's help! Honestly all I'm doing now is trying every possible thing I can do and crossing it off of the list.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:50 AM
Don't they all need to go into a subfolder named "packages"...? That would be why your game can't find them.

omnis mundi creatura
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
Don't they all need to go into a subfolder named "packages"...? That would be why your game can't find them.

I had thought about that but when I skipped the packages path before it was fine. But, I will be trying that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:36 AM
Update: I did add another level to my path to my cc. But that didn't help. I think that there's a problem with my launcher, I have my sim3packs in there and whenever I choose to disable my cc in the launcher and I press the play button, as soon as I do it crashes everything and I end up having to turn off my computer and turning it back on. I'm now at a loss here. I will delete all of my sims3pack files and see what happens.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
Sims3packs goes through the launcher only. Keep them there.

Mods made by creators here on mts and some more, goes in the mods/packages folder. They are in packages file format.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:43 PM
Okay. So right after I had seen your comment I had already deleted them. >.<'
I really didn't know what else to do so I used IObit uninstaller to clear every single file that had everything to do with the Sims 3. It works now! It's as if I had just bought the game and everything is new! I do highly recommend IObit Uninstaller if you do come to a point where you feel you have to delete everything. Thank you both for your help though. Just taking the time to help me really makes me happy. :D
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
also you can just remove the sims 3 folder from the electronic arts folder and open the game and it'll automatically make u a new one....dont really need a separate program
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
also you can just remove the sims 3 folder from the electronic arts folder and open the game and it'll automatically make u a new one....dont really need a separate program

I had done that already but it didn't work at all.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babycorn508
I had done that already but it didn't work at all.

oh! I have everything orgin based so maybe if you're using steam things may be different! Sorry.