Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:02 PM
Default How to solve invisible custom sidewalk
Hello guys ! Help me please, how to fix the invisible custom sidewalk? It only happens on custom sidewalk,NOT the custom road.

The left one is the custom sidewalk, and the right one is the default sidewalk
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:26 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 5th Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM.
If it's custom then the problem is likely going to be the files you used to build it, check their titles. Make sure the opacity, .n, .tga, base, detail etc are in the correct places.

Since this is a sidewalk you have "three" options, base, base_n.tga, and then the sidewalk opacity map, in that order
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
If it's custom then the problem is likely going to be the files you used to build it, check their titles. Make sure the opacity, .n, .tga, base, detail etc are in the correct places.

Since this is a sidewalk you have "three" options, base, base_n.tga, and then the sidewalk opacity map, in that order

Could you give me the base_n.tga & the sidewalk opacity map sample files that you choose?

Because I've tried to made the basic sidewalk files into custom road, I put those on the same location as the basic one, but the sidewalk still invisible
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:45 AM
Thanks for replying my thread before !
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 6th Feb 2018 at 3:25 PM.
Well, I typically only pay attention to the sidewalk when I'm making a dirt/sand one, which has its own dds files since...its dirt and it should look like a dirt trail. Any worlds I work on have the base game road and sidewalk, which you cant edit and a custom one with dds files that I typically dont have but if you know the descriptions in the file names and what they mean then you can pretty much mix and match as long as they're placed in the correct area.

So for example, from a world that came with a custom road, the files under "Sidewalk Textures" are placed as follows
1) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltIndustrialEP3_sidewalk_base.dds
2) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltIndustrialEP3_sidewalk_base_n.tga
3) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltCityEP3_street_opacity.dds

so its like a full set.

If you're just missing a "full set" and want more texture files for roads, go here > https://cawster.wordpress.com/
It has all the texture files and other resources from EA worlds

Also I looked at the texture in your image again and it looks odd, it may not be a texture meant for sidewalks. Some textures are designed to be overlays.
For example, I have a moss texture. Because it's intended to be moss it acts more like an overlay than it does a "terrain paint".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Well, I typically only pay attention to the sidewalk when I'm making a dirt/sand one, which has its own dds files since...its dirt and it should look like a dirt trail. Any worlds I work on have the base game road and sidewalk, which you cant edit and a custom one with dds files that I typically dont have but if you know the descriptions in the file names and what they mean then you can pretty much mix and match as long as they're placed in the correct area.

So for example, from a world that came with a custom road, the files under "Sidewalk Textures" are placed as follows
1) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltIndustrialEP3_sidewalk_base.dds
2) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltIndustrialEP3_sidewalk_base_n.dds
3) UserToolData\SourceTextures\asphaltCityEP3_street_opacity.dds

so its like a full set.

If you're just missing a "full set" and want more texture files for roads, go here > https://cawster.wordpress.com/
It has all the texture files and other resources from EA worlds

Also I looked at the texture in your image again and it looks odd, it may not be a texture meant for sidewalks. Some textures are designed to be overlays.
For example, I have a moss texture. Because it's intended to be moss it acts more like an overlay than it does a "terrain paint".

Yes, it works ! Thanks you are my hero, so for the sidewalk I used these files, here they are.
For the:
1. BASE (I used the texture whatever I want)
2. SIDEWALK NORMAL (I used the sidewalk_tile_concerte_basic_n.tga) this is mandatory
3. OPACITY MAP (I used the sidewalktile_crosswalk.dds) this is mandatory