Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#476 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 9:01 AM
The main reason is that is too resource intensive to make it enjoyable, and some of the special activities like running a store or similar work in an arbitrary way at best. On the other hand, the fact "non playable" sims age along with you is nice, and for open ended gameplay works better than Sims 2, imo.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#477 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:04 PM Last edited by maxon : 7th Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM.
I've been playing TS3 a bit lately. As a mod (nowadays) I feel it incumbent on me to know more about the other games so I now have TS4 as well as TS3. Then in Steam's summer sale they were selling some of the TS3 expansions for £5. I bought some: Pets; the adventures one, the nightlife one and ... oh Seasons. I like Pets - or more precisely I love this guy:

So cute:

But he didn't howl:

I also had a go with a lovely chestnut horse. The pets are very nicely done and the horses are lovely.

Having said that, I have no recollection of what she's called (in the picture) and have felt no inclination to play with Harold and his owner there beyond watching him do stuff (he sleeps on his back and twitches). I especially like that he gets a 'loved' moodlet when she brushes him.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#478 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Tonight, I am re-installing TS3. I'm drunk, that's why. I thought...maybe I can escape reality by doing this. TS3 is good for this. You have amazing plants and flowers. Open world..the game contents gives more than TS2 does. I won't need to re-install cc, besides CAS ones. As for the Sims themselves, I never thought they were ugly or weird-looking..aside for children, when selected. I hope I am doing this right, it's been long since I install TS3...and this is a first on that machine! Let's see how lag behave.

Updating my own, it went pretty good. My assumptions were also right. The computer you play on does makes a huge difference..huge as in, it performs regardless of EA's mistakes.
I am not the one with the most CC, but I can tell you, I think I pretty much own every Sims 3 Store sets there is to own. A gazillion of hair, and mods. 26 Nraas mods including modules. I have all EP's except for ITF, and all SP's except Katy Perry & Fast Lane.
I load Champs les sims, France within one minute. Now that was a record for me!
Saving a game, (save as) takes seconds. Rotating a lot have gone from..hard and slow to spinning too fast.
Lag seems to be a thing of the past.
So yeah..I think we somehow hit the perfect combination of computer parts..thanks to my son who shop'n built it for me. Oh and..one thing was no compromise, I wanted nothing less than Win7.

Now I play TS3 happily.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
I don't know I just don't feel like it. Someone gave me sims 2 as a gift, after losing it I bought it somewhere for 5€. Later I got UC for free. I had sims 3 (only base game and I did not knew about CC then), got bored and gave it to someone else, same happened with sims 4. And currently I'm playing sims 2 more than ever.
But there are some EP's of sims 3 which I find interesting and so much great CC so I'm thinking of getting that game again
Mad Poster
#480 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:15 PM
Scholar
#481 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:49 PM
I've tried about 25 times to get into Sims 3, mostly because I liked the TS3 player community here.

Even *this year* on a beastmode PC (please don't make me list specs, it's 2017, and I could spend several paragraphs telling you all the different PC configs I've tried for TS3 over the years) and minimal CC, my playstyle involves a lot of zooming/panning/rotating the camera, and the camera chugging/stuttering drove me absolutely bonkers. This was with about half the xpacs installed, story mode off, and overwatch/other nraas mods optimized to do stuff like disallow animals. I also tried to use the 'least laggy' hoods.

Even if I play on a little tiny lot in a little tiny hood and disable almost everything so I can play without much camera stutter, the game feels so flat. The clothes look like plastic (why?), the sims look like pudding, and the UI elements are literally flat and boring, unlike TS2, where everything feels alive. Toddlers are hideous, and my Sim is constantly accumulating random shit in his or her inventory (20 diplomas, a thousand umbrellas, rocks, plants, specimens, whatever). I could never get the hang of the relationship/romance engine without cheats, so never had that 'love at first sight' that you sometimes get with Sims 2 sims, and relationships (and thus overall hood stories) felt very hollow as a result.
Field Researcher
#482 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Kunder : 5th Nov 2017 at 1:34 AM.
I don't like Sims 3, because the Sims look just, plain weird, and it's too difficult to make them look otherwise, or to feel affection towards them. Sims 4 needs more time to "mature" (9, or 10 years).

I no longer have the original Sims. I gave it to a friend who is a crazed, "The Sims" fanatic.

I have 2, 3, and 4. I only have Sims 2 loaded on computers. I also have "Castaways" which is buggy. I have "Life Stories", which I like, and will play more of in the future.
I also have "Medieval". It seems ok, but I don't have time to figure it out. Looks too much like Sims 3 though.
Mad Poster
#483 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
I don't like Sims 3, because the Sims look just, plain weird, and it's too difficult to make them look otherwise.

Even my friend (who thinks the Sims in 2 are ugly) admits that they look worse in TS3. We sometimes make jokes about everyone being the inbread descendents of the Pillsbury Doughboy. We have an awful sense of humour sometimes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#484 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 2:42 PM
When it first came out, I didn't like the story progression or hood-wide aging. I guess that works if you're into legacies and only play a few lots, but I didn't like that.

Since the Sims 2 community stayed around, I saw no reason to move on immediately. Then as time went on, and I saw more complaints about the game and the EPs that I decided I was happy with Sims 2 and didn't want to spend my money on something that didn't seem like the kind of games I wanted to play. Maybe if they do a UC thing in the future with all the EP and SP for free, I'll check it out.
Theorist
#485 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 5:17 PM
Sims 3? What is that? (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Link Ninja
#486 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 5:33 PM
I answered on this way back when and was kind of vague so I'm elaborating now but as someone who really likes to severely manhandle my sims, I can't abide the thought of them aging on without me watching it happen and I like to have a lot of families so I'm particularly fond of having the sims 2 lot freeze mechanism when I exit so my sims are the same when I come back to play them next after I've played others. Also pudding faces, blech, and finally I've been playing a hood for decade and why start a new garden when you already have one you've put so much time and love into?

To give you an approximate idea of how OLD this thread is, at the time I first answered I had only been playing my hood 4 years and that angel, Mootilda, even shows up in the first few pages.so this is a proper zombie thread that was resurrected this year after waiting silently since 2012 to shamble along with the likes of 'what cool thing did you find', 'you know you play sims too much', and 'what did you discover today while playing' threads. A solid come back story. *cheers*

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 20 of 20