Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:21 PM
Default Is it possible to have all life states in one sim?
Excluding ghost, mannequin, servo, bigfoot, genie, and spectral cat is it possible to have all the other life states in one sim? I know dual hybrids are possible but haven't heard of a case where a sim have all of them at once.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:31 PM
I've had an alien-werewolf-zombie-witch(I think)-plantsim(I think)-vampire sim, not natural but with some or another hack/mod - but I can't remember if they retained all the life state functions. I was curious and wanted to see how many I could mix. The sim had the green/furry skin of a werewolf-alien, and walked like a zombie, but that's all I remember. It's a while ago, and I probably have pictures somewhere, but haven't succeeded in finding them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:37 PM
That's good to know! I was planning on doing some kind of challenge of getting all the life states and was worried it would fail halfway. Even if it's with mods it's good knowing the game doesn't bug out when you cram them together.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM
be careful having a vamp/wolf - they get hungry quick after transformation.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:30 PM
Also...a plant/vampire would just...die, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM
I found info on Sims 2 hybrids Here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid and vampire-plantsim is, assuming the info is correct I've never tried it, perfectly fine "While these life states seem contradictory on the surface, Vampire PlantSims can easily maintain their sunlight need with a sun-lamp above their coffin."

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:01 PM
Legacy Challenge players used to make a Black Sheep sim who had all the lifestates possible in a sim. It was worth a bundle of points, so a lot of people did it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I found info on Sims 2 hybrids Here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid and vampire-plantsim is, assuming the info is correct I've never tried it, perfectly fine "While these life states seem contradictory on the surface, Vampire PlantSims can easily maintain their sunlight need with a sun-lamp above their coffin."
That's one of the most illogical things I've ever heard. 'Sun' lamps should kill vampires. A sim in a coffin shouldn't get any benefit from a lamp outside of it. But of course...it's the sims. Why would I expect logic?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:30 PM
What supposedly harm vampires is the sun itself. Not a lamp called sun, or light in a whole...but for the inside coffin thing, I totally agree. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 2:58 AM
Don't exclude servos. I've seen vampire and werewolf servos. XD

Ghost should be easy too. Just get all the other states, then kill them. XD
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 8:23 AM
Well, moonlight is just reflected sunlight, so if you want to bring logic into this, vampires can't exist period. :-)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 8:40 AM
Obviously, vampires and moonlight follows the same logic as the Gorgon and the mirrored shield.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:45 PM

("Stop! That's a lightbulb!"
"So what? It's no sunlight!"
"It's powered by solar energy!"
"Crap!")

There's another one where he explodes because someone sings about the sun. I love it, it's so silly.
Alchemist
#14 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That's one of the most illogical things I've ever heard. 'Sun' lamps should kill vampires. A sim in a coffin shouldn't get any benefit from a lamp outside of it. But of course...it's the sims. Why would I expect logic?

I remember having a discussion about this with BoilingOil a while back. Anyway, this is how I reasoned it:
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I've been thinking about this all night--silly, I know--but there was this episode of The Vampire Diaries (which I was re-watching recently) where some vampire had this coffee shop/internet cafe and he had this huge front window made of tempered glass that allowed vampires to sit in the sun. And from the way all the vamps were reacting--i.e., they were basking in it, kinda like sims when they go outside in M&G--they could feel the sun, or the sun's heat. So they weren't just looking at the sun, but could feel something. And then there's that episode of Game Theory (or maybe it was Film Theory?) on youtube about how Batman could actually take out Superman. In it Matpat references the time Superman was exposed to nuclear fallout in the comics and almost died and theorizes that Batman could take out Superman by using uv rays, which Superman is vulnerable to. He reasons that Superman gets his powers from the non-harmful sun rays, as plants do, but it's the uv rays, etc. that would make him weak.

So, long story short, what if it was the same with vampires? They're weak to uv rays and that's what burns them. The other types of light don't hurt them and that kinda makes sense considering vampires aren't weak to all types of light. Like, there's no stories of shining flashlights to weaken a vampire (at least I don't think.) And so maybe the game's sun lamps, while recreating the sun's rays, don't generate the same kind of harsh light as the sun's uv rays. So they would be okay for vampires, thus solving the vampire-plantsim existence problem. ...Maybe.

For the werewolf-plantsim thing, though, I got nothing.

I do have to agree about the whole 'sim in a coffin shouldn't get the benefits of a sun lamp' thing, though. That one I can't explain.

To the OP, I too used to read many a legacy with hybrids in them somehow. I think most started with an alien, letting one of their male sims get abducted, then using that alien baby for their hybrid. The tricky part can be what order to add life states, especially if you aren't using cheats to change your sims into creatures. Turning a sim into a werewolf in an unmodded game can be one of the longest and most fustrating experiences, mostly because the alpha wolf, much like the ninja in BV, never shows up when you need it to. I've had a couple of sims meet the wolf, befriend it, and then spend the rest of their current life stage waiting for the wolf to show up again. And then, when the wolf finally does show it's face, the two have lost their friendship and the wolf won't bite my sim. So it's probably best to start befriending the wolf as early as possible. Also, I will say that getting a vampire through Uni is, especially in an unmodded game, tough. It's practically a challenge all on its own, so probably best to save that life state for adult sims.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM
I've had a couple of sims meet the wolf, befriend it, and then spend the rest of their current life stage waiting for the wolf to show up again. And then, when the wolf finally does show it's face, the two have lost their friendship and the wolf won't bite my sim. So it's probably best to start befriending the wolf as early as possible.

I finally just gave up on the wolf altogether and downloaded a nice set of hacked potions from Parsimonious.org. If somebody wants to become a werewolf, they have to buy something expensive from the gypsy matchmaker and then they can drink the potion.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Well, moonlight is just reflected sunlight, so if you want to bring logic into this, vampires can't exist period. :-)

Though it isn't direct sun light, thus it is logical because sun can't reach them when the moon is in the way.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:05 PM
I remember having a discussion about this with BoilingOil a while back. Anyway, this is how I reasoned it:

I do have to agree about the whole 'sim in a coffin shouldn't get the benefits of a sun lamp' thing, though. That one I can't explain.

To the OP, I too used to read many a legacy with hybrids in them somehow. I think most started with an alien, letting one of their male sims get abducted, then using that alien baby for their hybrid. The tricky part can be what order to add life states, especially if you aren't using cheats to change your sims into creatures. Turning a sim into a werewolf in an unmodded game can be one of the longest and most fustrating experiences, mostly because the alpha wolf, much like the ninja in BV, never shows up when you need it to. I've had a couple of sims meet the wolf, befriend it, and then spend the rest of their current life stage waiting for the wolf to show up again. And then, when the wolf finally does show it's face, the two have lost their friendship and the wolf won't bite my sim. So it's probably best to start befriending the wolf as early as possible. Also, I will say that getting a vampire through Uni is, especially in an unmodded game, tough. It's practically a challenge all on its own, so probably best to save that life state for adult sims.

I just have a premade wolf sims beat up the crap to the sims that I intent to turn into werewolfs. Not sure, but perhaps you can have playable non-werewolfs brawl werewolf to get turn into one?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:02 PM
Yes you can, but there aren't any maxis werewolves.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 8:36 PM
Sometimes I believe that Cyd Roseland was created as a lycanthorpy candidate - a knowledge sim interested in dogs and physical activity?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives