Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:31 PM
Default Game messed up after using graphics rule maker
Game wasn't working right after installing a GTX 750(previous card was a HD6570, and not sure if the problem was due to the new card or updates to windows 10 since I haven't played since last year) so I used Graphics Rules maker to try and fix the problem, and that just made it worse. Original problem was that every neighborhood loaded to a black screen with the sims 2 courser, which a simple solution was to press Alt+Tab and it was fine, but after using graphics rule maker the problem still exist, but now the games runs in a low resolution, and when in neighborhood the graphics are messed, roads and lots are fine, but every thing else is just pink flashing squares. Something else I noticed is first running graphics rule maker is that Video Cards.sgr Preview contained data, but after saving on that page, their is no longer any data displayed under Video Cards.sgr Previews.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 11:28 PM
OK, got the pink square issue fixed by coping the config folder from another computer, but still having the issue of the screen going black when entering a neighborhood. Issue only exist when I first load the game and enter a neighborhood for the first time, problem is temporally fixed by pressing Alt+Tab which takes me to desktop, and pressing Alt+Tab again which takes me back to the game which in normal. Once game is normal after doing Alt+Tab, I can go to a different neighborhood and it loads just fine, but once I exit the game and reload the problem is bake for the first neighborhood I enter and haft to do the Alt+Tab thing again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:22 AM
This same problem recently came up in a thread on Leefish, and from a glance I think the person solved the issues. Maybe read it and see if the things they did can help you too? Thread is here

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:05 PM
I have the same thing. When first entering the neighborhood the screen is black and it goes back to normal by using the windows button and then going back in.
Before I changed the resolution it kept going black, but since it now is a minor annoyance I learned to live with it. Maybe it indeed could be solved by changing the compatibility to a different one I use now.
I had to choose vista, but I read it was better working if someone chose windows 7.
Since it works okay for me now, I don't want to jinx it and change the compatibility again.
But if you're willing that is something to look into and it can be done manually.
That works better for me than downloading something that changes it for me when it comes down to the graphic rules file. Didn't work out so well last time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
I have the same thing. When first entering the neighborhood the screen is black and it goes back to normal by using the windows button and then going back in.
Before I changed the resolution it kept going black, but since it now is a minor annoyance I learned to live with it. Maybe it indeed could be solved by changing the compatibility to a different one I use now.
I had to choose vista, but I read it was better working if someone chose windows 7.
Since it works okay for me now, I don't want to jinx it and change the compatibility again.
But if you're willing that is something to look into and it can be done manually.
That works better for me than downloading something that changes it for me when it comes down to the graphic rules file. Didn't work out so well last time.
What graphics card are you using? I have the game set to run in windows 7 compatibility mode, and still the same problem. I'm thinking it's either a graphics card/graphics card driver issue or a windows 10 update caused the problem. I didn't have this problem when I last played on my old graphics card, but the thing is I haven't played since way last year so no way of telling if it was the new card or an update to windows. I could reinstall my old card to see if the problem persist, but don't want to as the new card was a real pain to install since it was a little bigger than I thought. Guess I'm just gonna haft to deal with the little glitch. Better to deal with the little glitch than to do something that prevents the game from at all.
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
I have the Radeon RX 480 and my issue on this isn't over. So I guess it's something else than whatever compatibility mode ones uses. If you mention using windows 7 compatibility and also having this issue still, it has to be something else.
On my previous pc's I didn't ever have an issue like this. And like you, I rather have it working now with this minor thing, than changing something and not being able to play at all anymore. That last one would really give me anxiety and crankiness. :P