Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 6:15 PM
Default Way to zone multiple shops on one lot?
I'm tweaking the "Drinks at Diamondback" lot in Lucky Palms. Right now, it's 'zoned' as a hangout. In Appaloosa, EA had a way to double zone some of the rabbit holes, like the grocery store/cafe. Can I do that on an open lot if the two shops are on separate floors? I want to label one room as 'Java Hut' and another room on the second floor as a 'Nerd Shop'. i know I can place the comic cash register and coffee stand on any lot and they function, but if there's a trick for zoning them properly, I'd like to learn. Would some sort of tweak on the "public lot designator" do the trick? I know that's been used in apartment builds before, but my situation may be different.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 8:05 PM
Rabbitholes create their own map tags/lot types regardless of how many you put of them and what you assign that lot to be (the lot could still function as what you assigned it to be tho, but it won't generate its own map tag). You can't give the same lot "double zones" (or even more) unless it's with RHs. So you just have to choose one in your case..sorry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kastalia
Rabbitholes create their own map tags/lot types regardless of how many you put of them and what you assign that lot to be (the lot could still function as what you assigned it to be tho, but it won't generate its own map tag). You can't give the same lot "double zones" (or even more) unless it's with RHs. So you just have to choose one in your case..sorry

Gotcha. That's alright, I'll just leave it as a hangout. Supposedly hangouts have pretty good draw anyway. Thanks!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 10:17 PM
there are different ways to bypass the zoning thing, it's not always that important what zone you give it.

Like what do you want to achieve with the javahut and nerd shop? what is your main objective?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 12:44 AM
I assume that if they are zoned properly, the right NPC characters will have a greater push to go there. Mainly it would be to help my nerd and rebel sims to complete achievements, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 2:56 AM
As the others have stated, there is no way to achieve multiple zonings, AFAIK. Most of the lot designations are about the hours that the lot is open. Some do push NPC to them, ie. elixir shops push supernaturals.

This seems like a question for @Don Babilon particular expertise.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 4:14 AM
You have a lot of rebels and nerds in Lucky Palms? And you want to attract them both to that lot?
Hm, Hangout is okay, in a way, but both Rebel Hangout and Nerd Shop have a higher rating. I'd also go for Arcade and with the appropriate equipment the place should be packed with all sorts of Sims most of the time.

The only advantage of Hangout over the other lot types is that there are no closing times, and both the comic book register for nerds and the barista bar for rebels don't really play well with lots that close (must have been an oversight from the developers, because both objects are intended to be manned 24 hours, which conflicts with closing times and will lead to broken links between the object and the respective role Sims).
Another lot type with no closing times but a higher attractiveness than Hangout is Nectary. That would probably be the best choice if you also want to add a barista bar and a comic book register. It's just that adding a mixology bar is pointless in nectaries. If you want to add that, too, then Hangout is again the better choice.

As the others have already said adding a rabbithole doesn't do much with regard to attracting specific types of Sims but they greatly increase general traffic.

What you are seeing in Appaloosa Plains is a combo-rabbithole - one building object that contains both. For your purpose, however, these are useless, because unless you are using the most recent version of Overwatch that contains a fix for this, combo-rabbitholes attract no visitors at all.
(The lot itself in Appaloosa Plains is actually set to Visitors Allowed, btw. That's a bad choice for a lot of traffic.)
dodgy builder
#8 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 8:09 AM
Inge had that ticketmachine, but since she took down her site I probably have to go search for the link to download. It call sims to the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You have a lot of rebels and nerds in Lucky Palms? And you want to attract them both to that lot?
Hm, Hangout is okay, in a way, but both Rebel Hangout and Nerd Shop have a higher rating. I'd also go for Arcade and with the appropriate equipment the place should be packed with all sorts of Sims most of the time.

The only advantage of Hangout over the other lot types is that there are no closing times, and both the comic book register for nerds and the barista bar for rebels don't really play well with lots that close (must have been an oversight from the developers, because both objects are intended to be manned 24 hours, which conflicts with closing times and will lead to broken links between the object and the respective role Sims).
Another lot type with no closing times but a higher attractiveness than Hangout is Nectary. That would probably be the best choice if you also want to add a barista bar and a comic book register. It's just that adding a mixology bar is pointless in nectaries. If you want to add that, too, then Hangout is again the better choice.

Thank you, that's very good information to have. I definitely didn't want a rabbit hole lot, that would be completely useless for my purposes. Its extremely nice to know which lots have stronger drawing power.

I've been trying to pack lots with multiple functions because I hate the way EA designs gigantic space-wasting lots, but maybe the better idea is to do as NRAAS forums suggested: build smaller lots.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 1:45 PM