Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:03 PM
Default Two Major Things on My Sims 4 Game.....
...I can get into the game, but two things would happen: 1) If I go into CAS first, I have no traits, clothing, hair, makeup showing up (only the Sim, which I can only spin around), and 2) If I go to a residential lot first, I get a message that says, "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.", by the which the game crashes back to the desktop. (I have to manually get out on the CAS one, by the way) Now, before I cry and have to go through my huge list of mods or cc to find out which is making my game mess up like this, I'm hoping against hope that someone here has had the same thing happen to them, and can possibly tell me which mods (which I'm leaning towards and would be easier to remove) and/or which cc is the culprit so I won't have to do said deed. I really appreciate it if any of you know. Thank you again for any help....
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:56 PM
That could even be like a problem with your Hardware than Mods, you never mentioned your specs, is it possible to test your game with all your mods on another machine?

Things that can cause odd behaviours crashes to desktops are too little RAM with too many Packs added or 32bit OS, or even just a incompatible or failing graphics chipset.

Anyway if you think it's your Mods, then you can only do it the hard way, taking them all out, running game, then add them back chunk by chunk until you can narrow the problem down.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
That could even be like a problem with your Hardware than Mods, you never mentioned your specs, is it possible to test your game with all your mods on another machine?

Things that can cause odd behaviours crashes to desktops are too little RAM with too many Packs added or 32bit OS, or even just a incompatible or failing graphics chipset.

Anyway if you think it's your Mods, then you can only do it the hard way, taking them all out, running game, then add them back chunk by chunk until you can narrow the problem down.

Here's my system info:

Time of this report: 3/6/2017, 14:03:35
Machine name: DESKTOP-A60CHOF
Machine Id: {AC4A0E68-E4BE-4472-BA33-36CEAA7A07A0}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: 2603
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8092MB RAM
Page File: 3820MB used, 12206MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:40 PM
I have the same problem, posted the same thing. I can spin the sim around, but trying to use the buttons to exit the game and such, don't work. I have a gaming laptop.

edit: I don't have the crash to desktop though, I just get little white squares whenever I move my cursor anywhere in the cas

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:38 AM
Do you have an outdated 3 or 4 columns in Cas mod? That often causes your issues or even an outdated cc wrench override mod can cause funny things to happen.

Either way take out your whole mods folder (cc and mods) place it on your desktop. Run the game, if it works fine then one of your mods is causing you grief... Whenever you have issues in the game 99.9% is an outdated or conflicting mod. No easy way to solve except process of elimination really.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Do you have an outdated 3 or 4 columns in Cas mod? That often causes your issues or even an outdated cc wrench override mod can cause funny things to happen.

Either way take out your whole mods folder (cc and mods) place it on your desktop. Run the game, if it works fine then one of your mods is causing you grief... Whenever you have issues in the game 99.9% is an outdated or conflicting mod. No easy way to solve except process of elimination really.
Yeah, I figured that, thanks. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any specific mod that could have caused my games issues so I could try that first. Thanks again. Time to cry....