Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 7:59 PM
Is the mouse cursor in CAS really that dragging/sluggish?
Hello there,

before buying Sims 4, I first wanna try it out. So I've downloaded the Trial/Demo Version and was pretty excited. But then I entered CAS and got immediately disappointed by the sensitivity of the mouse cursor. I don't know how to describe it properly, but it feels like I would dragging my mouse through really thick sirup when I wanna edit the facial/body details. And it requires a lot effort to see only a tiny change.

Of course I was playing around with the game settings, tried this and that, but no result. And of course I asked Google and there where a few matches, but mostly related to Mac PCs and I'm running Windows 7. So I tried it again and again and finally found something where I've read from people who had that problem on Windows and someone answered them that this sirup-thing isn't actually a problem, it's the normal way the cursor in CAS works. But then another person answered that it is a bug/glitch.

So what is true now? Is it true that the cursor really works so dragging? Or should it be faster like in the promo videos I've seen? ... I'm really unsure now if I should buy the game or not because I actually don't like this sluggish cursor thing.

Thanks a lot in advance for every helpful message.

PC Specs are the following: Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Core i7 | 8,00 MB RAM | GeForce GTX 670M

I apologize for my potential wrong English and the lousy grammar.
Thank you. (^.^)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 8:19 PM
Far as I know, there is no mouse sensitivity option in TS4, if you feel pointer is moving too slow then, you have to adjust your mouse settings from control panel from Windows, and I don't think CAS mouse is sluggish, maybe I have my settings just right.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 8:56 PM
Yes, I know that there are no setting options for the mouse sensitvity in TS4. And as I said, I tried all possible settings out, but nothing solved the problem.
My mouse pointer is absolutely alright and doesn't need to be fixed or edited in the Windows settings. The dragging problem is only in CAS when editing the facial/body details (sliders). No problems at all in the Gameplay Demo itself.
Thus my question.

I apologize for my potential wrong English and the lousy grammar.
Thank you. (^.^)
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 8:57 AM
Most likely the word DEMO should tell you something.... LOL the real game is fine.