Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:37 AM
Default The Sim 2 Object Error?
I was playing The Sim 2 and when i got back from my save file the people that i moved in to my family member was gone except the one i created you could not see them, When i tried to get them back by moving the family in she does not show up when i say she (Dina) i mean the girl from pleasant view, It says object error for blah blah blah Dina I have the option to delete reset or cancel Canceling does not work because it keeps poping up as soon as i close it, Im thinking about re-installing the game but it might not reset everything, Also when you are in the neighborhood they show on the map but when you load the game, it goes to build mode, Im also wondering if i can delete the log folder will it generate a new one? because for the neighborhood folder when you delete it, it should generate a new one i try doing this but it still did not work so if anyone know please help! ;-; D:
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:56 AM
Ok...let me see if I can parse your thoughts correctly. You're creating a run-on sentence that's difficult to follow.

Quote: Originally posted by wash37
I was playing The Sim 2 and when i got back from my save file the people that i moved in to my family member was gone except the one i created you could not see them,(...)

So you merged a group of Sims (a family) into a house that contained only 1 person? Did you do something different with your game between the time you moved the family into the house, and the time you loaded the game again?

(...)When i tried to get them back by moving the family in she does not show up when i say she (Dina) i mean the girl from pleasant view, It says object error for blah blah blah Dina I have the option to delete reset or cancel(...)

I'm confused about trying to "move the family in". Did you mean you took the family out of the house and them moved them back in to that same house? Also, you mentioned an error message. Take a screenshot of the message and post it here to see what it says.

(...)Canceling does not work because it keeps poping up as soon as i close it,(...)

Maybe you downloaded custom content that's causing an error with your game. Test your game without custom content and see if the error comes up again. If it doesn't, you'll have to do a 50/50 method of determining which file(s) is(are) causing the error.

(...)Im thinking about re-installing the game but it might not reset everything, Also when you are in the neighborhood they show on the map but when you load the game, it goes to build mode(...)

Re-installing would take a long time to do. I'm presuming it's custom content that's either badly made or conflicting with other custom content due to the same GUID numbers.

Im also wondering if i can delete the log folder will it generate a new one? because for the neighborhood folder when you delete it, it should generate a new one i try doing this but it still did not work so if anyone know please help! ;-; D:

And this to me seems like custom content issues. Since you deleted the neighborhood folder, a new folder was created, and you're still getting the same issues, there would be no need to re-install your game.

So try removing your downloaded custom content, and see if the game works. If it does, then determine what downloaded files would be the culprit. Also, once you reply, please write complete sentences that are easier to follow. Thank you.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:09 AM
So you are playing Plesantview or another hood?

You didn't take sims from Pleasantview and try to move them to a new hood did you? This causes instant corruption for both the hood you took them from and also corrupts the hood you placed them into. If you did this, that would be why the sims vanished.

You can start pre mades hoods over fresh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~