Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 1:47 PM
Default How to add CAS sims to the sim bin
I've made quite a few sims in CAS, most of which I have in the CAS sim bin in case something happens and all my progress gets erased, I still have them in the bin when I restart cause I always save my downloads folder on an external hard drive. It's been awhile since I've saved any sims but I just made a new one and I completely forgot how to move sims to the CAS sim bin. I can see them in the family bin, but that's it. I've tried cloning them via body shop, but they don't show up there either. I tried copying them from neighborhoods > characters and placing them in saved sims AND downloads, that didn't work either. Any help?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 3:35 PM
When you mean the CAS bin, you mean the place where all the premade sims are?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 8:29 PM
If you create a Sim in Bodyshop and don't delete it, it shows up in CAS. If you create a Sim in CAS, you need to extract it from the game (Game Help:Extract In-Game Simwiki) to get it to show up in Bodyshop and the CAS bin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
If you create a Sim in Bodyshop and don't delete it, it shows up in CAS. If you create a Sim in CAS, you need to extract it from the game (Game Help:Extract In-Game Simwiki) to get it to show up in Bodyshop and the CAS bin.

That must have been what I did previously. But I started messing around in BodyShop and found that there's many more options for making sims on there, so I just deleted the one I made and re-made him in BodyShop. But thanks for the help!