Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 20th Aug 2018 at 9:01 PM.
Default Timey Wimey Ball + Actions Taking Forever To Happen? (Also, minor rant)
I know my computer isn't the best, but it was capable of playing the Sims 3 with up to 5 EPs -- maybe it could handle more, I don't know, I never used more than 5 EPs at once -- so it should do fine with Sims 4. My problem is that time seems to be screwed up. For example, my Sims are asleep. They go to bed at 1 AM. The time goes automatically fast foward and, seconds later, it claims it's already 5 AM! But when I click pause, the timer stops and shows that it's really only some time after 3 AM. And their energy has barely gone up (while using a bed that has Energy 6 and Stress Relief at least at 2), only for it to be almost full, only to then suddenly drop a third of its bar again.

It seems to take an unnecessarily long time for stuff to get done. In terms of the Energy bar, it started at orange, with the appropriate Debuff listed. Despite the bar having apparently filled itself to more than two-thirds full, it still retains an orange color and the debuff. I need to pause the game and hope for the game to 'catch up' with itself. I tell my Sims to go eat something. They go and grab the leftovers from the fridge, close the fridge door... ...then stand there for some time, food in hand. Once again, I pause the game to let it catch up, only for the Sim to apparently teleport to the nearby chair as soon as I unpause.

Similarly, buffs are all messed up. My Sim finally managed to eat their food, the bar is full, they just finished eating... and the Good Food buff appears, but starts blinking and claims to only have 0 Minutes left on it. But it sticks around for at least an in-game hour or more. This is particularly annoying with the moods I am trying to get rid of (like Tense), so they can get into the appropriate one for their skill. I keep having to pause the game, maybe even open the menu, in hopes of letting the game realize that, hello, you really need to fix yourself.

Speaking of pausing, it feels like the game doesn't even pause properly! I pause the game, only for them to apparently finish eating or gain a skill, despite the game... you know, not supposed to play right now. It's paused. And this happens, even if I click pause and have the menu open.

Computer Stuff
Acer Aspire X1430 model (Computer, not Laptop, by the way)
AMD E-350 APU processor with Radeon HD Graphics card 1.60 GHz
Ram 16 (with 15.5 useable)
Radeon HD Graphics 3610
64-bit system, with Sims 4 running as a 64-bit program
Windows 7

I recall Sims 3 had issues with Sims not doing things immediately, and I by-passed that by loading the save, then letting it play for a few seconds, then pausing it again and letting it 'pause rest' for about 5 minutes. Which doesn't seem possible for this game, as the above problems point out: The game doesn't seem to have a proper pause function? And I really don't have much installed. I only have Seasons, Get Together, and Day Spa installed. I have all my in-game settings on the lowest possible option, I play in Laptop Mode because that seems to make the loading a bit faster.

I have foregone majority of CC because they look bad with my settings.
I even took MC CC out, to see if that was maybe messing with my game's time. It doesn't. The problem persists.
All the CC or Mods I have are current. (counting each piece, I'd say I have about 25 pieces of CC. And 4 of those are 1 skin default for each age group - toddler, child, male T-E, female T-E)

I just... I want to like this game. It had a really rough start, but with the stuff released so far, it's getting good. But these problems are driving me up the wall. I can barely keep my Sim couple happy because they take 5 hours to eat something (without doing any multi-task on the side), spend about that much time to feed or play with their two toddlers, and forget having the two of them interact with each other.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:09 PM
I think that this is just a common problem all around. There was a simulation lag fix but that was much outdated by the time I started playing earlier this year. Honestly...I just simply try to ignore it. If it really starts to bother me, I'll switch control to another Sim (if the whole family isn't on the same lot) or I'll just exit to the map and then reload the lot. A temporary fix, but still a fix. Like I said, in my experience it's just best to try and ignore it and tend to their needs as needed. I try to go by what the notifications say, rather than the clock. For example, when it says [Teen/Child] has school in an hour, I know that REALISTICALLY it's 7 AM, no matter what the actual clock says. So maybe that will help? I know it's annoying but...for me personally, it's just a small annoyance.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:06 PM
I have tolerated this for a good three weeks or so, since I only started playing again some time after Seasons was released. With two Sims in my household, I figured it's an annoyance, but still tolerable. But with two toddlers now/four Sims in the household, it feels like everything has started to go even slower.

What I would really like to do is remove every family and other household in the game, but that doesn't work, since the damn game just keeps filling houses, despite my having Fill Empty Houses unticked.

And I'm not sure if this really happens with everyone. I've seen in-time commentated Let's Plays of Sims 4 Challenges, and their games never lagged in any way like mine.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have tolerated this for a good three weeks or so, since I only started playing again some time after Seasons was released. With two Sims in my household, I figured it's an annoyance, but still tolerable. But with two toddlers now/four Sims in the household, it feels like everything has started to go even slower.

What I would really like to do is remove every family and other household in the game, but that doesn't work, since the damn game just keeps filling houses, despite my having Fill Empty Houses unticked.

And I'm not sure if this really happens with everyone. I've seen in-time commentated Let's Plays of Sims 4 Challenges, and their games never lagged in any way like mine.

If you have MCCC, there should be an option to Move In Homeless. That, combined with unchecking Fill Empty Homes should keep the houses from being filled (it works in my game). It won't stop the game from creating Homeless Sims to fill roles, but it'll keep them from moving in to empty lots.

For Let's Players, I figure that either they have a dedicated computer specifically for playing TS4, or they just have an insanely powerful one. As much as I like TS4, I will admit that it's not always friendly to lower end players, especially on laptops like myself.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 4:41 PM
I looked at MC CC, but didn't find any option like that.
I deleted my cache, everything in my tray, my save, and did a new save. (Also, deleted all households and placed some gallery Sims instead) It plays SO MUCH BETTER now... but I dread what it will turn into later on...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:50 PM
I looked at MC CC, but didn't find any option like that.
I deleted my cache, everything in my tray, my save, and did a new save. (Also, deleted all households and placed some gallery Sims instead) It plays SO MUCH BETTER now... but I dread what it will turn into later on...

In the MCCC config file, if you do a search for "Homeless" you'll find:

"Marriage_AllowHomeless"
"Population_AllowHomelessMoveIn" <-- the one you want
"Population_MaximumHomeless": 0 <-- should lower the number of homeless sims made
"Pregnancy_AllowHomeless"
"Pregnancy_PetAllowHomeless"

The MCCC modules I have are Career, Population, Pregnancy, Tuner, and Woohoo, if that helps.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 7:30 AM

Seems like someone updated the Simulation Lag Fix mod
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:13 PM
Cool! By the way, I grabbed the core mods for MC CC anew, and maybe I'm dumb, but I see no config file in my MC CC. Even after changing things in-game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:50 PM
Cool! By the way, I grabbed the core mods for MC CC anew, and maybe I'm dumb, but I see no config file in my MC CC. Even after changing things in-game.

The file is mc_settings.cfg
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:11 AM
That's the one I don't have. I only have .scripts and .packages and a mc_cmd_center text file that lists the things happening when I run Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:37 PM
That's the one I don't have. I only have .scripts and .packages and a mc_cmd_center text file that lists the things happening when I run Sims 4.

Weird. It's supposed to be created the first time you run MCCC. Uh....In that case, maybe you should contact the creator?
Deceased
#12 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:31 PM
RAM and video card should be okay, but the minimum requirements for the game on AMD is a 2 GHz dual-core. Your CPU is 20% slower than the minimum, so even if simulation lag fix or something makes it playable, it probably still won't be enjoyable.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:59 AM
Run the game windowed and enable windows gaming mode if you run windows 10, this helps a little.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
Run the game windowed and enable windows gaming mode if you run windows 10, this helps a little.

I always play in window mode. And I mentioned in my original post I run Win 7. Of course I don't have Win 10 to use...