Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
Enroll in School before Attending!

Once you start a new family, Children and Teens are immediately placed in the World's School. Is there a Mod that requires them get Enrolled first? On the Computer or something?
I want my Child to avoid any student education for Roleplay/Fun Shenanigans, and having Enrolling a requirement from the beginning would help avoid the Public/Private/Home Schooling.

If it lets Teens get a Full Time Job as well THAT would be great!

But hey, at least you aren't given Homework the second you start like in Sims 4

Any and all replies are appreciated. Thankies
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:06 AM
I believe that AwesomeMod has delayed enrollment as one of its features. Apparently it takes a Core Mod to pull this off because otherwise the game doesn't like unenrolled kids. You would have to accept the entire mod though as its feature set is not separable.

Another solution, a bit more far-reaching, is to not have any public schools in town.

With the NRaas Careers mod and its Schools module, you could enroll them in Home Schooling and just not have them do any assignments -- the requirement to do them at all can be switched off at the individual sim level, in which case their school performance will remain static at 0.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 12:31 PM
I would use awsomemod with the config file set to disable the automated school assignment if I wans't already doing that to fix the overcrowding and routing fails that happen in the schools of the town gets overcrowded or if it's a larger town and a family with children or kids moved in too far from the school in town to attend.It makes the game far more realistic to have to enroll them manually in school and stops the glitchy overcrowding by not filling the town's school with too many students.I can spread them out or have some not attend school at all which is more realsitic for my 100 baby challenge in the 16the century and Deery Meadows which is the 17th century.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 2:46 PM
I'll try all these out ^^ Thankaroonie
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proessays
I believe that AwesomeMod has delayed enrollment as one of its features. Apparently it takes a Core Mod to pull this off because otherwise the game doesn't like unenrolled kids. You would have to accept the entire mod though as its feature set is not separable.
Another solution, a bit more far-reaching, is to not have any public schools in town.

Interesting idea! I never thought of how the game would be acting without any public schools in town but I suspect the game is written the way kids will still go to some "mythical" school. Are you sure AwesomeMod has delayed enrollment?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 12:45 PM Last edited by igazor : 25th Feb 2020 at 12:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kurtstovall
Interesting idea! I never thought of how the game would be acting without any public schools in town but I suspect the game is written the way kids will still go to some "mythical" school. Are you sure AwesomeMod has delayed enrollment?

If there are no schools in town, the way the game is written kids will not have any schools to pretend to go to nor will they be penalized as there will be no school attendance requirements. We can see this without making any drastic changes to our games if we play a WA world or Uni World where we have allowed children or teens to live. Once a teen ages up to YA, I believe some fictional school will show as their Alma Mater like it does for newly spawned homeless NPCs because it is indeed assumed that all YAs and older have somehow managed to finish high school in the same way it is assumed that all YAs and older have somehow learned how to drive a car, but we would never have seen them going or having to do homework, etc. along the way.

I am positive that Awesome has a config option that stops automatic enrollment. It has in the past been asked if NRaas mods could do this, but they can't because it takes a Core Mod for the auto enrolls to be suppressed.

Kids need to go to school. They don't really learn anything useful in there that they cannot learn at home (unless mods provide better educational opportunities in the rabbitholes or a Zerbu's Open School lot structure is devised by the player), but it keeps them off the streets, they are forced into daily senseless conformity, they learn to accept the rules of the incompetents in authority without question, they learn to bully and/or fend those who do, they must be fed a barely edible school lunch, geniuses are dumbed down so they can grow up to be more like everyone else, and those who excel in spite of the toxic environment are given rewards just like in real life. At least such was the case in my day, I understand the lunches have improved in some areas by now. This is all what builds their character and that which does not kill them will make them stronger as adults.