Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:35 PM
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 6:13 PM
Default Thanks and a question
Thank you for the tutorial!! It was very easy to follow and I've made a few pictures using pics I've taken....

My question: I've seen a lot of people make pictures (and recolors) using Disney characters...is there a problem there with copyright? I found some great pics on the internet but I'm afraid making sim pics with them and making them available for download would be infringing on copyright...any ideas? Is it okay to use anything we find? I don't want to end up getting sued (although I don't have much they could take anyways LOL)

Jenni
The ModFather
retired moderator
#78 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Numenor : 7th Aug 2006 at 1:00 PM.
I have seen, too, some recolours that use copyrighted materials, but I definitely think they should NOT be used that freely.
I mean, creating a sims2 lot that has the shape of the Disney castle, or creating a Sim that resambles the Little Mermaid is one thing (and I do agree that it should be allowed); but grabbing a Disney copyrighted image and putting it, as is, on a painting frame is another thing... BTW, some majors (and Disney is one of the most active in this) DO prosecute anyone using its copyrighted material.

Therefore, I strongly discourage using copyrighted images on paintings, wallpapers and floors. This is MY opinion, though; it is NOT an official response by MTS2.

EDIT:
Talking about a similar case, back in February, LyricLee has told us moderators:
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
Unless disney comes to us to complain i let them go thru no problem

So, unless the official position of MTS2 has changed since then (and I don't believe so), you can go on creating your paintings...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:04 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!

You are my new best friend! I'm off to make some paintings!
Test Subject
#80 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 2:07 AM
Thanks much for the tutorial!
One question though...is there any way to put all those separate packages for recolors into one package?

Thanks again for the tut!
Part-time Hermit
#81 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:44 AM
It's possible, but not recommended. When you do that, you can't individually delete recolors, you either have to keep them all or none. Better to keep them as separate packages.
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccadwitch
Hi the tutorial is great but I do have a question. How would one find the paintings that sims make such as still lifes in game in order to make buyable paintings from them? I have one in particular made by a sim of mine that turned out extremely well and I would love to make it a buyable painting.

I would like to know the best answer to this question, too.

I was able to find the sim-created paintings using SimPE. I found them in the lot package where the painting was created. I was able to export them as PNG files. I assume that I will be able to "recolor" another painting object with these PNG files. I also assume that I could create entirely new objects. I'm not sure that any other method is possible.

It would be great if a sim could simply put the painting that she has created in her own inventory when she moves to another lot. But it seems that this is not possible. If a sim creates a portrait on her easel and then moves out of the house, the painting that she has created is gone forever.

NOTE: I am new here. I will continue to search the forums for the best answer to this question. I will bookmark this thread. If I find a good answer to this question, I'll come back here and link to it. If I can't find a good answer, I might put together a tutorial. (Although I am new here, I have experience with game modification.)

Cheers.
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 7:39 PM
oh thankyou sooooo much

I've just made my very first custom object for the game *does a happy dance* I'm very sad, I know

I think I've now got the bug

thanks for such an easy to follow to tutorial

cheers!
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 10:54 PM
Do I need Nightlife?
Quote:
Required:

* A paint program such as Photoshop or PaintShop
* SimPE (version .48 or higher for Nightlife)

I don't think this question has been asked yet in this thread.. But my question is simple. You say we need SimPE for Nightlife, but currently I only have the EP University.. So is it still possible for me to create my own custom paintings with only University?

I've been searching for a tutorial for this kind of thing for a long time, to no avail... So thank you so much for this! >_< I really appriciate it, I only hope that it will still work with just University... If not, then I guess I'll have to wait untill I can afford Nightlife. @@;

Once again, thank you.~

n e m o n e s s

Part-time Hermit
#85 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:33 AM
I think it just means that if you have Nightlife, you need version 0.48 of SimPE. If you don't have Nightlife, then that part of text doesn't apply to you .
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#86 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:46 AM
To add to that, you need version 0.56 for OfB and version 0.58 for FFS.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:50 AM
Aaah, I get it now. Thank you very much for the help! <33

n e m o n e s s

Test Subject
#88 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ripple
Now, I do have a question about this tutorial. How do I edit the value of the painting I made (cost, room value, etc.)?

I'd like to know that too, because I was planning on using my painting as a career reward. Can anyone help?
Part-time Hermit
#89 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emxemx
I'd like to know that too, because I was planning on using my painting as a career reward. Can anyone help?

What this tutorial creates is a painting recolor, and you can't edit those values in a recolor file. You will need to clone the painting to be able to change those. On how to clone objects, see JWoods object creation tutorial.
Test Subject
#90 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:24 PM
Okay thanks, will do :-)
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 5:51 PM
this is great thanks alot.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 6:37 PM
Thank you for making this!!! :D

I Follow The Night.. Can't Stand The Light.
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by izazu
My photo studio is greyed out..I can't choose it Please help, I really want to create different paintings...And do I need CEP files with re colours of paintings? Thanks, izazu

You need to have CEP to make it work.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 7:47 PM
super glad i found this in picture form lol step by step thanks so much made me first game recolour im so chuffed lol cant wait to see it now in my game ...

Scar

In The Dead Of Night When U Dream Im Waiting There In The Shadows For My chance To Love You.
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:44 AM
I know this might sound stupid but where can i download this? theres no download thing on this thread?
Part-time Hermit
#96 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:09 AM
SimPE and Photo Studio templates can be downloaded here in the Downloads section.
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:10 PM
Thanx! this is great, much appreciated
Test Subject
#98 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:08 PM
I am having problems.
I followed the steps exactly but when I export my custom image, it doesn't show up in the game.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#99 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:51 PM
Mmmmhh... Why you say "I export my custom image"? You are supposed - in step 6 - to save your package in the Downloads: did you mean this?
Check if your package is actually in the Downloads folder: perhaps while saving it something went wrong...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM
The only other thing I can think of it to make sure you're looking for the correct base painting in the catalog.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Page 4 of 13