Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural
Default "installed" items not appearing in game?
So I was just browsing through my CCs using the CC Magic, and found out that I have several files Sims3Pack files which appears in the "Defaults pre-installed set" of the program, but did not appear in my game or launcher. I don't have the .sims3pack files anymore, so I can't try to manually re-install them. Anyone knows how I can force them to show up? thanks
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:41 AM
Did you install the items using CC Magic or the Launcher?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:11 PM
The launcher, but I think they got uninstalled when I deleted the Downloads folder from My Documents (a stupid move, but too late to fix that). Still, the CC magic still considered the items "installed" and I'm wondering if the CC Magic could somehow be used to retrieve those stuffs.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 3:29 PM
You'd be better off asking Grant himself, at his forum, or the download thread.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
The launcher, but I think they got uninstalled when I deleted the Downloads folder from My Documents (a stupid move, but too late to fix that). Still, the CC magic still considered the items "installed" and I'm wondering if the CC Magic could somehow be used to retrieve those stuffs.

It should be safe to delete the sims3packs from downloads folder, it doesn't remove installed cc from the game, only from downloads in launcher. Installed contents are saved as package files in th DCCache (or in Library), and also a copy of the package files are saved in DCBackup (but the game doesnt use the backup). As far as I know it is only if you empty DCCAche or Library it should remove the contents from the game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:23 AM
Ah, never mind. I just replaced my hard disk (the old one got smashed), and lost all my data, anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Pity about the stuffs, though
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:57 PM
Sorry to hear that.
But, may have been a blessing in disguise? Now, you can re-organize CC... Game Help:TS3 Organizing Custom Contentwiki
Locked thread