Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 11:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
KILL ME NOW: Infinite Loading In Edit Town/EIG/CAW
Good evening.

I am writing about the same glitch pretty much everyone can see happening to them, and, after at least five days of getting this every time, I am sick and tired of it and have finally come here to beg for help.

I am trying to edit my favorite custom World using CAW, that I may not have to constantly make changes whenever I start a new World. I use minimal Custom Content (only the items I need) and two items from the Store's "Brunch At the Old Mill" in this World. I also hold a few items that make stoves (etc.), permanent WA tents, and such placable on Community Lots and, of course, the NRAAS.

Below is the custom content I have installed, all of which I've used in my remake of the World. Any Custom Content downloaded as a "Sims III" Pack was extracted nto a Package.

1. Zedrael's Hobo Collection (most of the set, one or two items are excluded)
2. Cyclonesue's Prison Infrastructure and Cyclonesue's Prison Furniture (lot not installed, items only)
3. Cyclonesue's Burning Tires Fireplace
4. Cyclonesue's Bathroom Wall Furniture
5. Cyclinesue's Bathroom Floor Furniture
6. Cyclonesue's High Flush Toilets
7. Cyclonesue's Mirrors
8. Cyclonesue's Exposed Plumbing Sinks

The total size of the Cyclonesue furniture is around thirty-three megabytes. The total size of the Hobo Goods is around four megabytes. Combined, that means I have thirty-nine megabytes of Custom Content. I was told on other sites that you cannot have more than one gigabyte of Custom Content or one gigabyte of DCCACHE Content if you are editing through CAW. Added onto this is NRAAS (22MB), some custom CAW backgroups (10MB), Rabbit Hole Rugs (16MB), and a few unlocking scripts and obvious De-crap-ifiers that are negligable.

That makes a total of ninety megabytes in the Packages Folder. A single Store item (Brunch At the Old Mill, 25MB) is installed in order to place corn. Only the corn stalks and harvestable corn from that Store Content are present in the World, and only on one Lot.

I have been working on this remake of a World for weeks, and the infinite loading has only begun happening over the past week. At first, I thought it was a single lot: I had spent the last three days trying to change an empty building into an Apartment Lot using the Hidden and Public Room Markers from "BUYDEBUG". I finally gave up and bulldozed the entire lot, never going back.

Today, I decided I'd try making the Dive Lots I wanted in the world. That also failed, in the exact same way. I am beginning to see the pattern: infinite loading WILL occur if I go into Edit Town, do some work, and then exit the Lot back into Edit Town. This has completely halted all development on the remake of the World, and I consider this depressingly unacceptable.

That is why I have come to you.

Before you ask:
1. Yes, I've cleared my Caches, both in my "Sims III" folder and CAW, multiple times over.
2. Yes, I've completely deleted my "Sims III" folder and generated a new one, at least twice.
3. Yes, I do utilize "Save As" instead of "Save", and I never use spaces in my saved game names.
4. Yes, I have tried it on different Lots.
5. Yes, I have tried resetting "BUYDEBUG", "BUILDBUYRESTRICTIONSENABLED", and "MOVEOBJECTS" to their disabled defaults before moving to Live Mode in Edit Town.

My computer specifications are as follows:

PLEASE help me get this straight! I've heard that this is a known bug introduced with "Into the Future".

Thank you for any assistance you may render.
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:11 PM Last edited by TurtleShroom : 26th Mar 2019 at 5:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't know about CAW, but in the game, you cannot use buydebug with the store content fix. I assume you are using it b/c you mentioned decrapyfying some items.

Okay. I'll assume that means any version of the Store Content Fix (I know of at least two), so I'll uninstall the Store Content completely and get back to you if it works.

-------

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM
De-crap-ifier Question
IT WORKED!! I can do everything again!

With that in order, I'd like to ask if the type of De-crap-ifier system matters. As you know, there are multiple De-crap-ifier systems out there. One is some sort of Command Line tool you run content through, another is a series of Packages and caches, and so on.

Not knowing any of this, I stumbled across this version of the De-crap-ifier, which I have used for many, many years with no issues:

The special thanks in the installation guide lists men going by Kissingtoast, Notouching, and Carlos for the files.

Is it possible to use Store Content WITHOUT the De-crap-ifier? I remember hearing that those files prevent Sims from gltiching or resetting on things like the Hibachi Grill. I'd rather not surrender all of my Store content in order to edit lots without crashing, ESPECIALLY if this glitch carries over to non-CAW game play!

-------