Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM
Default Help a fellow simmer out?
Alright guys. So I just got my student refund check back and I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I want one that can run The Sims 3 + all Expansions +Stuff packs and whatever downloaded or store content with ease, with no lagging and good graphics , especially with expansions like Late Night and University where in clubs or on campus there are lagging issues because of the overload of sims. I would also like it if it can handle Sims 4. My budget is between 400-600 dollars preferably and 700-800 dollars possibly. I can't afford a 1,000 dollar and up laptop.

Any suggestions? What laptops do you use?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:47 PM
You won't find a laptop that can run TS3 + EPs + CC with high settings and no lag, and that will last more than about six months, for under $1000. No such thing exists, unfortunately.

You could buy a lower end laptop, be careful with high poly meshes and accept that the game will play well, but not perfectly; or you could buy a lower end laptop and force it to play on high settings etc., in the knowledge that you'll be wearing it out like nobody's business.

TS4 seems to be much easier to run than TS3, so a laptop for TS4 within that budget sounds reasonable.

We've got a bunch of similar questions in the computer & tech help section, which is where I've moved this thread to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You won't find a laptop that can run TS3 + EPs + CC with high settings and no lag, and that will last more than about six months, for under $1000. No such thing exists, unfortunately.

You could buy a lower end laptop, be careful with high poly meshes and accept that the game will play well, but not perfectly; or you could buy a lower end laptop and force it to play on high settings etc., in the knowledge that you'll be wearing it out like nobody's business.

TS4 seems to be much easier to run than TS3, so a laptop for TS4 within that budget sounds reasonable.

We've got a bunch of similar questions in the computer & tech help section, which is where I've moved this thread to.

Okay, I can accept that. I don't need it to play perfectly on the maximum settings but I would like it to run smoothly enough without any of the slowdown that comes with more Expansions. I could spend 1000 plus dollars on a high grade system but I'm a little wary of it. What system do you use Nysha?