Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 1:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default AF long simple hair mesh?
Hello guys, I hope I'm on the good section of the topic

I've been downloading CC a lot for ages. But few years ago, I noticed that my AFlong simple hair wasn't ok.

The hair looks like this, not as it should be. I put some default before but I removed it. I also played the game without cc at all and the af long simple hair is here. But the problem is that I can't find the CC that makes the hair like the way it is?

I also organized my CC with the CC organizer by Delphy by organizing the defaults and putting them elsewhere than downloads folder but it's still the same!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 2:42 PM
Some defaults won't work properly unless they're in the Downloads folder with no subfoldering or you get weirdness on the meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:32 PM
I don't really understand.
Is it because I put my default in the download folder or is it because it is in a sub folder in Downloads? if not what is the problem?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 4:43 AM
I usually put my defaults in a subfolder in Downloads. Downloads - Default Replacements. But some don't work unless they're directly in Downloads and not in a subfolder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 12:10 PM
Ok but the thing is :
All my defaults are in a sub folder called default.
And I don’t have a af simple hair default as far as I know. As told before I have put all my default in a sub folder thanks to delphy download organizer. There wasn’t a af simple hair default in the download folder. So idk why the hair looks like this. Can a maxis mesh be broken? Or perhaps there is a mesh default hidden in my downloads folder?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:06 PM
Nobody's perfect, so it's entirely possible that there's default file in some other folder. I know it happens to me all the time! I'd run a search on the string *default*, and if that doesn't turn up the stray, I'm afraid you're stuck with what we call the 50/50, as described in the FAQ you were directed to before you could post this help thread. It doesn't take as along as you think it will.

Remember that this game is so complex that chaos theory applies, and that computer logic is not obliged to make any sense at all at the human level. So the problem may not be in anything you recognize as having anything to do with this or any hair at all! We all have our absurdist stories. That's why the 50/50 works - it removes all the human assumptions, and forces you to test the whole downloads folder.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
Sometimes custom hair overwrites the defaults when the creator hasn't done it correctly. I know there were some hairs at XMSims that overwrite default hairs for example, pretty sure most of the ones that do so were by the creator called Death but they aren't the only offender I've found through the years. You could quickly just test if the problem goes away if you take out all your custom hairs, remember to clear cache and thumbnails too. If it does then it's one of your custom hairs that's overwriting it and if not then it's something else. If is one of the custom meshes then you just gotta do the 50/50 until you find the bad file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:17 PM
thank you guys! it's really helpful!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 1:19 AM
Hello again, just wanted to tell you that I found the little demon that would do that to my Fhair long simple! the 50/50 worked well!
And the package was... eir-zauma_crunch -3t2 mesh?? weird flex but ok

I wish you all happy holidays xxxxxx
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 2:25 AM
That's Eir-Sims. It will be somewhere in here http://eir-sims-uploads.tumblr.com/tagged/3t2-hair They do not make things easy to find or preview.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 7:06 AM
If you want to replace it there's another conversion of Zauma's Crush hair here (or direct download link since I'm not sure if you need account to see that one) I think Eir's version was edited shorter but don't quote me on that one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:07 AM
It’s fine thanks I just wanted to put that thing in the bin I’m so happy to have back long simple hair!! lol thanks anyway !! x